Korg KingKORG user reviews
8 of 8 people found this review helpful
- I invite you to go to the Korg website to see the details.
Otherwise it is a synthesis in VA pretty versatile with many models of filters, oscillators with three different sources: analog, noise, PCM or Line In Each sound can be composed of 2 stamps and has 2 VAC, 2 LFOs per patch .
It has a fairly effective and relatively comprehensive effects section. A lamp can be very warm tones to give them an analog grain especially if you combine its use with a Decimator or distortion effect or a very fast LFO.
The matrix is composed of 6 patches per game. The source patches can be the joystick, which can modulate the sound easily with the joystick in the game
The polyphony is correct with 24 channels. It falls by half in dual mode with two bunk stamps, which is interesting.
It has one arpeggiator of 8 steps that can act on the first stamp, the second, or two stamps at once.
It has a vocoder very effective (but I never got very little use).
The appearance of the machine is not very flattering. I especially cracked by trying it in a store because it sends in his heavy KingKorg this.
The pots and OLED displays are very nice and are not low end. The red light is quite successful I think.
There are no Mac or PC editor, which is a shame. The only app provided is a sound manager.
- This is a very simple and user-friendly machine. It is difficult if you want to access not directly accessible by a knob functions, including setting the arpeggiator, patches. For both patches on the facts once and for all so not really annoying during the game, both for the arpeggiator is more annoying especially if you want to maintain a arpeggio (no hold / latch key).
For the rest, the programming is simple and can easily pass as an editor with KingKorg refléchi it is not necessarily what is desired as his. You turn the pots and see how its evolution. It is very educational and very interesting results were obtained without much effort and without being an expert in programming.
I find the ergonomics of the well thought-effects section. Simply press the selector effect to turn the effect in question. Up to 3 different types of effects can be chained.
The keyboard is not bad at all. I moved, I found it pretty bad at first. I do not know if this is the same as the Krome although hulls 2 machines are alike. But I appreciate having a keyboard 61 keys on a VA.
The general use of the machine is very nice which makes a very endearing machine.
- It is a very versatile VA. It can go from a piano to sound interesting anologique very completely decimated. It adapts to all styles of music.
The sound quality is excellent and the very high level of output. It sounds as soon as the fingers on one installation using the factory sounds that demonstrate the potential of the machine. Here is a short video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgMUauRScDs
It is an expressive machine thanks to the interactivity it offers during the game, either by having the joystick carefully programmed, either by acting on the pots that are good enough to play live (but not necessarily for sound design ). There are currently no aftertouch, which really bothered me at the beginning but in fact the joystick well compensates this lack.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for more than 1 month. It is a machine that I find endearing for its sound, its possilités both rich but easy to access, expressiveness live, linked to an absolutely fabulous performance of its filters when interacting with the machine.
It is on that if we limit ourselves to play sounds, you can not understand, but if you're a fan of live modulations, one can adore.
This is not my first Machine VA. I previously had a Korg R3 and a Virus TI.
The quality / price is very good KingKorg compete. In purely noise it outperforms machines that are worth a lot more expensive. Only the presentation back to the mid-range.
Is its name "KINGKORG" I find just pretentious!
Without hesitation, I would do the same choice.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
- Very good analog modeling synthesizer!
- XMT technology (multiple models)
- 24 voice polyphony
- 300 programs, 100 user
- 3 oscillators, 127 kinds
- LPF / HPF / BPF (18 types)
- Multi effects including echo, phaser, rotary + all standard
- 16 band vocoder
- Simple arpeggiator
- Semi-weighted keyboard, touch right
- Audio input
- Bonus taken a CV / gate out!
- All access functions are well designed, arranged in a logical and clear manner. Knobs and the switch buttons are solid. It's easy to create sounds, all functions can be accessed directly, little or no menus and submenus via the screen, brief as most analog modeling synth.
- The sounds are very "rich" and it sounds hot. Very accurate also. Obviously you will not find any of his trumpet, panpipes and other guitar ... The king is dedicated solely to electronic music, and he does a great job! For me there is nothing to throw away, yet he excelled in strings, lead, bass and keyboards. We can make beautiful tablecloths planing and soft :-)
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a few months and I am very satisfied, it is not an entry-level contrary to what some think machine. Very well finished and robust, there is nothing to say on! Value / very good price. Its design is original but the color "champagne" can not appeal, I personally would have preferred a basic color like black or anthracite ...