Moog Music MemoryMoog user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- This was made in the early 80’s and had a really commercial sound and everyone was using them. I think everyone would still use them today if they actually had one to hear how great it really sounds. The on board sequencer was actually surprising once I used this. I didn’t expect a On board Moog sequencer to be so easy to use, especially since some of the other moogs gave me so many problems with sequencing in the past. So the Memory Moog really surprised me. I was also surprised on how well built the whole model is, it seemed to have better built knobs and sliders than previous models (pre 1980) . It think they may have used different materials with this moog that made it more well built. I do love the wood grain accents above the keys and around the base of the whole unit. It just adds that classic vibe to it and I love having it around now .
- Its not exactly easy to use, but you wont have too many issues using it. When I comes to a moog most people get them just for the sound so they don’t care how anything else works. that’s kind of why I got it was just for that classic moog sound, at first I didn’t even know that it had a sequencer until started to do some research on it before I invested. I still have this sitting in my personal home studio on a keyboard stand. I do have some issues with a few of the keys, but they where like that when I purchased it just from taking a pounding by the previous musicians. It probably had a lot of owners before me.
- The sounds are great , and its easy to get the sound that you want.
- Overall Opinion
- I love all moogs and the Memory Moog really surprised me, its most definitely a keeper and I wont let mine go for anything.
User reviews in other languages
- start with a fact, is the only MemoryMoog existing analog polyphonic possess 3 osc ..
all other prédendants under poly ultimate are lower at this point ... (Synthex, p5, matrix, OBX, ppg, jupiter ...)
(Except 10 which prophet cheat a bit and the korg ps series, but hey, that's another thing.)
3 osc curtis .. 3 waveforms stackable (saw, pulse / square, triangle)
moog filter 24 dB
two envelopes ADSR
1 LFO (osc 3 may become a 2 nd lfo) which controls pitch, filter, PWM
syncro (2 first osc)
envelope controller 2 can pitch the first 2 osc, positive or negative, filtering, pwm
osc pitch controller 3 may first 2 osc, filter (FM), the PWM ..
modulations are combined.
function retrig envelopes
white noise mixable
noon and on versions seq +
- very easy to use
it is advisable to play frequently for his keyboard a bit cheap .. can quickly fail false and bad contacts become frequent.
otherwise the knobs and the "feeling" are generally excellent.
keyboard quivers a bit when it is powered ...
something very convenient that the synth is shows the setting values of the potentiometers, and compares with a value sauvegardée.c is valid for all knobs.
the mixer saturates very quickly, the filter too, osc do not place ...
This gives it a side very "human" unstable ..
- if you like gladiator movies, the memo is for you ... lol
its very bold, heavy, distorted, mushy, dirty .. but at the same time very nervous
in fact the sound is very alive, never stop moving, Gromelle
nothing to do with the type dco ala matrix or Synthex
less "boom" in your face "a prophet 5 but dirtier and syrupy ..
very typical, to say the least ...
- Overall Opinion
- <img class="smiley" src="/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_mrgreen.gif" alt="mrgreen" /><img class="smiley" src="/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_mrgreen.gif" alt="mrgreen" />
a gold mine
- Ahhh plastoc the keyboard and basic ...
no original MIDI.
yes ... sustain pedals.
100 memory, 3 VCO quite volatile but with a fall SON
Modulations and lose his soul.
6 voice polyphony.
- Manuel United States but the analog is simple and magical!
- Ideal for trance, techno, new age, electronica, soaring .... etc. ... etc. ...
His inimitable and unmistakable 1000!
- Overall Opinion
- Cacahutes bought a grip 15 years ago!
I will keep my life.
what fascinates me home: 6 Minimoog Synth in one!
- 3 VCOs that guarantee its desire pais. Quality filters. ADSR ADS instead of the Mini. A section MODULATION particulirement complte. The VCO synchronization. Mixable waveforms. Precision of programing paramtres numriques (dysplay). UNISON mode you align 18 tilt in orieilles!
- Same architecture and ergonomics on a Minimoog .... so simple and comprhensible
- Its close to that of the trs Minimoog but not identical because probably curtis VCO and filters 24 dB slightly differ. However extrmenent powerful in sound as well as opportunities for Fast Fashion. Can do anything.
- Overall Opinion
- In its original version, its lack of reliability of reputable compensated but sadly Fawn incotestables justifies its quality. Only the version upgrade LinTronic makes the instrument ultimate http://www.lintronics.de/lamm.html
I always thought that the trs subjectively the best polyphonic Memory silent era of Vintage. LAMM LinTronic kit makes it an instrument of exception. However we find the draisonnable ct, as the Minimoog, such a purchase for the price. Although if Dr BOB we now appears a polyphonic analog, given the price of his journey, it's a good think that his price would be staggering. And After all, plustt than buying a Jupiter 8 + 4 + 5 Prophet-Voice can be considered to be satisfied with a Memy ... The Xpander Oberheim is also a peak in the Contents. But I parat plus "domptquot; the Memy that more than a thoroughbred, reminds me a vritable" Wild Bunch ".
6 / 10 for the lack of reliability and 10/10 version LAMM