Sequential Circuits Split-Eight
Sequential Circuits Split-Eight

Analog Synth

User Reviews: 41
    • Increase or decrease font size
jupiler 01/16/2008

Sequential Circuits Split-Eight : jupiler's user review

• +1
8 voice polyphonic analog synthesizer.
With 8 VCO
+ 2 ADSR
+ 24 db filter
+ 64 pitches to save the sounds
+ Portamento
+ Chorus
+ Pitch Bend
Unison Mode +

Operation is simple, and the table showing diferents parameters that make up an analog sound is clear and simple to access, despite the fact that there have not knob for a function. I use MIDI to groundwater, and in unison mode for enormous bass (mind your préamlpis!). I never had the manual but if you have an analog hacked you will find quickly.

This is where I am not at all agree with the description of audio-zine (a belief that once they have never tested some synths and were content to make a cut and paste). Car audio fanzine is all over the Juno 106 ensence beucoups that sounds worse than the Pro Eight (in my opinion of course!) And falls down a lot less than a Juno 106, and is much cheaper than listed a Juno 106!
A comprehensive synthetic sonoritées level, thanks to the fact that it was a polyphonic that can easily be used in mono, the chorus is enhanced integrated harmonics.

I use it for 2 years
Do I like most:
Monophonic both with 8 VCO, as polyphonic, and saz good implentation Midi bugue much less often than a Sixtrak. The chorus included
-What I like least: Well, I wish I had more potassium, but it would cost more.
Saw its rating one of the best quality / price I've ever seen! (When I think there are some who buys a Litlle Phaty to 1300 Euros!! Which is eight times less potent! But it's class is a Moog!?)
I had brought from Japan that cost me 400 Euros at all I think. If I needed to do it again I choose even more. (And yet I have a large collection of analogue). I keep mine because it is part of my dozen synths constantly connected to my sound card.