or
Create an account

or

Thread November 7, 2015 editorial: comments

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 November 7, 2015 editorial: comments

Happy Anniversary to us, Happy Anniversary to us...Why am I singing? Audiofanzine just turned 15, that's why, and we celebrated the occasion with a massive bash in Paris. The French version of Audiofanzine started back in 2000, and has been thriving ever since. Audiofanzine in English, for which your humble correspondent works (okay, maybe not so humble today), has been around since 2008. You, as members, are a huge part of the success of Audiofanzine, so I send out a virtual toast to all of you. Thanks!

On an unrelated but also happy note, we recently reviewed the Sonible Frei:raum EQ plug-in. Our reviewer was so impressed with its creative abilities that we gave it our Innovation Award. Not surprisingly, the folks at Sonible were quite pleased by this, and responded by offering our members an exclusive 25% discount on the plug-in. To use it, simply log on to the Sonible site and enter promo code FREIRAUMAFZ2015 during checkout. This discount will be available until December 7th, 2015

A final note: The AES show took place last weekend in New York City. I spent the weekend running around the Javits Center, shooting product videos and later editing and posting them. I wouldn't say that any of the new products were of the earth-shaking variety, but there was plenty of cool new software and hardware on display. If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, go to this link to see all our coverage of the show, including news stories and videos. 

Hi Mike & Team:

Big-time congrats to all of you folks that make up Audiofanzine! I joined (not too long ago) because of the great vibes you guys put forward, as well as your timely and knowledgeable content. Of course, I've guided a few other like-minded musicians and "audiophiles" to this site as well.

I'm also quite pleased that you visited my neck-of-the-woods and hometown to attend the AES show. I hope that the Apple denizens treated you with cordiality and aplomb. <lol> In any event, may this site live long and prosper for many more years to come.
Quote:
may this site live long and prosper for many more years to come.

Thanks, Griff. We couldn't do this without readers like you :bravo:
Happy anniversary and congratulations on a fine publication. When I read your entry for today, I realized that the info I get from your emails has saved my musical bacon more times than I would care to admit. Keep it coming! It cuts down on the number of times I have through a production crisis all on my own.

Dave
Quote from Paleophonic:
Happy anniversary and congratulations on a fine publication. When I read your entry for today, I realized that the info I get from your emails has saved my musical bacon more times than I would care to admit. Keep it coming! It cuts down on the number of times I have to slog through a production crisis all on my own.

Dave
Quote:
When I read your entry for today, I realized that the info I get from your emails has saved my musical bacon more times than I would care to admit. Keep it coming!

Thanks, Dave! Glad we could be of service. :bravo: