Joemeek VC1Q Studio Channel user reviews
- Pramper transistor, opto-electric compressor, EQ, D-Esser, Enhancer. Analog technology. Connectors very UNESCORecords (between XLR Micro facade and behind, between XLR line in front rear, XLR and Jack, I think there's another exit) .. . MODEL 2 U standard rack height. Vintage! (Within 20 years).
Grand-Maître Seen retro-sought not very much clear, which may indicate the compression level or the level of the prampli.
- Config extremely simple, we get the desired sound very easy when looking for "ear" ... Very complete manual & easily found on the Net ...
The DIFFERENT cuts are easy to spot, and the sound changes as far.
Warning there is a "latent" the arrival of compression, binds to the time it takes systm "opaque wall / photo electric cell" of compression is "re-rgler. ..
- Sound Quality
- The sound is produced with a thickness supplmentaire not really transparent ... A beautiful vintage color, beautiful medium rather on a snare drum, a voice or a guitar
***** Update ******* from 02/01/2008 Yes, there are better prampli level (the excellent style GTQ2 Aurora Audio ...), but must pay the price, So I am using mostly the compressor (via the line input of course), and it is royal ...
***** Update 26/01/2010 ******* Especially try the "enhacer / Goddess with the Drive on the central element of a battery. We tried to last the weekend and sounded SERIOUS!! I think a second back fairly quickly, just to stick Buss has a stro ...
***** Update ******* from 19/05/2010 Finally, ay, I've a second VC1Qcs to paste on a bus Stros.
Anything goes with great happiness, attention also to have fun with the phases, played not bad ...
So I use this unit as a whole except his prampli. The compressor, the quality and the "enhaceur / d-esser / drive" super profit corporation set up!
- Overall Opinion
- Then used for over a year, Live in the studio. What I love most: the color, but not really universal attention both Pramper may not suit all sources, it can have a cot "Hard".
on the other hand when used to mix, it goes on everything. Congratulations to all these features in only 2U, it always comes out a something usable ... It's a little "cheat" because this rack had been planned to treat t catch votes, but good:)
I tried quite a few other things (Neve, SPL, TL Audio Symtrix, Aphex, Amek TAC) and I love the color of the sky is clear the compressor bracket. I would do without hesitating that choice, I also bought a second, is to say all the good that I think of what peripherals ...
- 2U analog containing:
preamp - compressor - equalizer - enhancer
MIC Input (XLR) - line (XLR) - instrument (Jack)
line out (XLR)
an optional card can be added to exit numrique
Not link to link two units
- Trs simple configuration to use: we obtain immediately an enjoyable trs its lime and typ (the VC1Q is for a). The compressor requires a little time adaptaion but guided by the cost, rglages trs soon become natural.
- Sound Quality
- Pramp color compressor trs color (as a result, we like it or hate it)
for rock and pop, it's a rgal
for classical music, there is certainly more transparent
- Overall Opinion
- Excellent qualitprix (450 euros okaz) of sudden I have two and I rgale with. Note that some types of rglages amnent sounds weird but the machine is expressed. Great for voice (microphone) guitars (micro) low (between instruments), the drum loop, in short, what the body needs.
Made in England + in + hard to find okaz also skip it if you see one