Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] Finding Your DAW

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 [Getting started] Finding Your DAW
Finding Your DAW
If you’re new to the world of digital audio workstations (DAWs), or just thinking of switching to a different one, this two-part article will help you decide which one is best suited for you. This is not a feature comparison of the DAWs on the market, but rather advice on how to evaluate them.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Nice piece..guess i'll stick to fl for now as am still learning the tricks
Nice article indeed. I can find myself in the cosmetic related part. I have cubase and work with it but i hate that gravestone black mixer they made.

Then i decided to buy mixbus. It looked so yummy but for all it works good.

Stuppid realy how you can be affected by something less important. But i think that is why i hate the consumer digital mixers too.
Lights in thousands of different colors and even worst layouts. :-D

While the thing that is important:
Is it good? Does it do what you think is necessary? Does it has all the features you need?

Don't fall in the pit of brands. Don't buy somethinh because your friend has it or because someone told you it is the best.
Don't spend a thousand dollars for a piece of software capable of recording 22.2 surround while the only thing you like to do is record a stereo track.

Why buy a lotus if a fiat500 does the same.
It's a car and brings you from A to B.

So go out there find a place where you can take the software for a testdrive and see or your self if you realy need that " LOTUS " or that you can settle for that little " FIAT500 "

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 01/11/2015 at 00:13:06 ]

well said angelie:It's not about what you got to use but how you use what you got.:bravo:
Quote:
It's not about what you got to use but how you use what you got

I agree that any DAW will give you the tools to produce good music if you master its features. However, there are some major feature differences that might make you prefer one over another based on what kind of projects you're doing. In addition, workflow and vibe are important aspects to consider, and they vary a lot from DAW to DAW. Workflow, because if a DAW makes you work in ways that are counterintuitive or just annoying, you're probably not going to be as productive. And vibe, because you'll be staring the GUI for hours on end, so if you don't like the color or design aesthetic of what you're looking at, it could subtly affect your motivation to keep working.