Roland VS-1880 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- Going in there are 6 1/4" jacks (7 if you count the guitar hi-z, but if you use that, you can't use the 6th connection) and 2 XLR jacks with optional phantom power (nice!). It is a 24 bit sampler. You can store your files on an upgradeable internal hard-drive (6,10 or 20gbs).
The only synchronization I know are the midi in/thru and midi out. Well, you can record all 18 at the same time, but you only have 8 inputs all together, so really you can only record 8 different tracks at once.
- The general setup is not, and I mean not easy. The manuals for these things are so convoluted and disorganized I have ever come across. I have literally spent hours looking in these things and struggling to find the answers, most of the time coming up with nothings. Very, very bad! I have to admit that I was using this thing to perform simple recording withing the first few hours of having it. But I haven't gotten much farther since then. Again, horrible manual, but you can call roland and talk to a real human and get some quick and good answers. They will get an extra point on the rating below for there stellar customer service.
- I feel a little dumb because I do not no exactly what a/d and d/a convertors are. I have to say that the overall sound quality of this unit is not that bad. If you are good at simple mixing (3 band eq per track) and panning, you can make a very usable demo with this. I would definitely recommend better equipment for an actual album. I did not purchase the internal effects card so I do not know its quality. The price on ebay for new efx cards has not changed in two years (about $125-$150) while the recorder itself continues to fall, if that means anything. You can run external effect loops, but you have to have a free track to send it to. Computer recording is the way to go in my opinion. The overall sound quality is good, so if you know how to use compressors and effects properly, the dynamics will sound good too.
- Overall Opinion
- I have been using this item sparingly for about three years. The best thing about it is its sound quality which is good, but not great. There are many horrible things about this unit, but the worst is the combination button pushing (hold this and push that at the same time kinda thing). There are just to many of those to remember and it ends up screwing things up pretty bad if you hit the wrong button. I have been using computer recording lately and have shunned the hardware recording units. When these were new, they were pricey (over $1200), now they are fairly cheap ($300-$450). I would go for a decent, up to date computer with a almost any music recording software over these hardware units any day.
I wish I hadn't bought this item.
User reviews in other languages
- 24bit 48kHz digital multitrack 44.1 18 tracks + equalizer + digital onboard effects settings for each track.
8 analog inputs: 2 XLR (48V) 6 Jack,
8 analog outputs scinch,
2 numriques between outputs (SPDIF and optical)
Headphone Output (Jack)
Record 8 tracks simultaneously.
Internal Hard Disk Drive 6 GB partition.
SCSI port for connecting external hard drive or burner.
- Very easy to use with the principle of "everything under the fingers", convenient to save time.
Control panel to very clear to view the tracks live, you can easily edit as precise, based automation to the mix.
Numerous possibilities for monitoring, and finally mastering this possibility is very important for the level of the CD.
Full manual, but sometimes not very clear, but good once you understand the logic Roland, we hardly need the manual!
- Very good quality preamp for a semi-pro, a very good converstion with 0 latency, which is most important to record (unlike some sound cards adding a little faster processor!).
This device has a true analog sound which is quite surprising.
The effects are good quality (reverb, delay, chorus, compressor, multi-effects guitar, pitch, compression, etc. ..) and ls EQs that are quite precise and are available for each individual tracks.
In the end it was a mix of good quality and especially good DEFINITIONS notament good momentum in the lower.
Do not even count when competing with a real studio for the dynamics and precision, but it's enough to make the semi-pro. Dpend after all of the quality of the catch.
- Overall Opinion
- I have been using 10aine of years but I have not found better in this type of product at the sonoritsauf VS 2480 but it is not the same price).
It ma 'used in home studio, live-action and by the time table as to mix.
I now work in a professional studio with Pro Tools HD 7 and big Anlo Euphonix console, but this tool thanks I started the beginnings of his, and he has given great satisfaction (I am not short will not do the nostalgia!).
I would do without hsiter this choice, even if the price (when I bought a little silent lev
- Connectors: Analog 8 - asymtriques 2 / 6 jacks / jack a high impdance for guitar & bass direct, with no internal effects have djas can make a sound! This replaces between 8 when industry.
I / O numriques: optical & coaxial SPDIF, wants to have as routable (Almost)!
Sinch between stro: For A & B, routable.
Sinch Stereo Outputs: Master & Monitor
Stereo output jack: Headphones
Midi: In, Out / Thru
The chantillonage is done in 32/44, 1 and 48 kHz, 24 bits.
Support internal HD with SERIES 6GB, possible up to 8GB (Score in ... x1 or 2GB). 7 HD cascading possible via SCSI.
All indispenssables synchros are available (3 or 4), and parramtrables.
18 tracks is a vritable read (16 if the tracks are used for the 17/18 mastering with the drive in optional SCSI) / 8 simultaneous recording.
- The device is simple plutt that complex if one wants to use the bottom, with the usual major functions - they are many dja - fall under the fingers!
The usual functions are all shortcuts must prvoir for some hands and 3 or 4 fingers!
As the manual is comprehensive but badly screwed trs. Vraimment must be read to leave nothing to spend ...
- The converters are so good that the machine will ring analogue plutt right, but extremely good quality, it has the sound!
Although the vibrant trs is good, be careful - Especially the recording - and do not abuse levels rise too high, even when ca saturates rather quickly. Despite this margin is enough to get what you want.
The effects are trs professionals and complements parameter. Their quality is not inferior to the racks honreux utiliss good studios. In addition, the panel offered my opinion covers all applications and all styles!
The machine is sold with a card SERIES Indeed, it is essential to afford the deuxime! That means 4 effects simultaneously stro with some restrictions on the effects of insert. This is the bare minimum to work and get a comfortable rsultat vraimment tweaked ... Especially with such effects may have "make a sound" and save with.
- Overall Opinion
- Few months, who have enough to realize the great potential of bte ...
This is an ultra comprehensive, excellent quality and allows gnrale srieusement to make a record at home of A Z - A condition of being well quip in instruments and micro (s) of quality that go without saying - and get a rsultat vraimment PRO! Provided information to use it well, and to work mixing and arrangement worthy of the name.
There is nothing to throw, and it's rare even for devices in this range!
I had to make real pros - Hear by true connoisseurs - for his purchase, he said that my all in the similar range of other manufacturers, no one sounds like it - and yet some of its most Chres.
Euros/17000 2600 francs for such a machine - With two cards effects and RW writer - I find that it is not carrment CHRE! And I have a good approach trs REPORTS qualitprix regarding the instruments and musical equipment.
If you have a project seriousness, the tools you need and the possibility to offer such a machine is not worth even rflchir, go ahead!