E-MU MK-6 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The MK -6 by Emu Mo Phatt sounds is a great synth, I have read several reviews about this before I bought it and I was skeptical at first because of a few bad reviews. But after trying it out myself I will be able to write a good review because this synth is exactly what I needed. The Mk 6 has 61 keys and comes with a 32 MB soundest that has be created by a solid group of sound designers from around the world in order to come up with some universal synths that no other synth boards have. There are 640 presets on board, so for the price that I paid which was 550 you flat out cant beat that.
- There are four analog outputs and two footswitch inputs. You can control all the parameters in real times and there are a nice set of arps as well.
- Sounds are great, a bunch of high quality synths that haven’t been on any other board on the market yet.
- Overall Opinion
- Overall the E-Mu MK 6 is a great synth board, don’t expect to be able to get this board and lay down full songs with it, I think that’s what confuses people when they purchase a synth board. Its just for synths, you will still need something to sequence on. This is a very affordable synth board, for synths like this and a workstation you will be paying thousands of dollars. But if you don’t need the sequencing on board then go with this and sequence on a computer like I do, it will save you a lot of money in the long run and time because this board is extremely easy to use because there really isn’t anything that you need to know. You just need it to have some good synth’s for your compositions.
- I see another reviewer gave a 1 for features.... I dont know what you expect from a synth. Yeah, it has no sequencer, but neither do most synths. Long story short, it has the features it needs.
Price paid: 600 usd
- Pretty straight-forward interface. everythings pretty simple.
- Cool preset sounds. Decent drum sounds (when EQ'd / tweaked just like any other synth). Some nice, gritty, samples. Not a wide variety of general "basic sounds", but not a big issue for me. U can get standard sounds anywhere. Sounds good IMO
- Overall Opinion
- Had the unit for a minute now, got it about 2 months after they came out. Mine still works perfectly, knobs all intact. Solid, built like a tank (heavy as hell tho!!)
I LOVE IT! Wide range of sounds. Easy to use. Cool grey/ purple color. Looks good in the lab. It accompanies my hardware sampler / sequencer, and software perfectly. Just what i needed. LOVE it.
Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: kwic_draw ( 7-, 2005)