API Audio 525 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The API Audio 525 is a single channel compressor inside the confines of a 500 series rackable piece of gear. It is made up of all analog components, and in terms of general make up has some interesting and unique features. You make your microphone connections after you plug this into an API Lunchbox, which has XLR inputs and output for each module and powers everything up via it's own power supply. These 525's are exact copy reissues of the vintage versions from the 70's. This is only rack mountable in a Lunchbox type of casing.
- In general, the make up of the API Audio 525 is unique, but there are some familiar features to it as well. Even with some unique parameters, I haven't found that the 525 is at all hard to use. For starters you've got two knobs on the top that control your input level (threshold), and your output level (gain make up). It then has different sections of buttons for release and mode, the former of which has two buttons for four different settings that will range from .01 to 2.0 s. The two modes are for a 20:1 ratio and a 2:1 ratio. It also has a de-esse button, an off button, and a bypass button. Lastly, it has a large knob for ceiling, which basically controls how much compression you're going to get. A manual might be necessary if you are unfamiliar with the make up of preamps, but I've never seen one.
- Sound Quality
- To say the least, the API Audio 525 is a versatile compressor that sounds great for a number of different applications. I've found that it is easy to adapt this versatility to most applications out there if I'm looking for some beefy compression. I've used it on vocals, electric guitar, and snare drum - all of which I found it sound great when run through the 525 or even when tracked right through it. I've never used an original 525, so I can't say how it would compare them, but they say it is an exact copy, so you've got to take their word.
- Overall Opinion
- If you're putting together a Lunchbox collection of 500 series out board gear, the API Audio 525 is definitely something you should consider for your rack. For a compressor that sounds this great, the price isn't unresonable, and like I said earlier this is incredibly versatile and can be used for all sorts of different applications. Add a couple of these to your home studio and you're in a whole new ballgame...
User reviews in other languages
- API 525
Playback Price: 1299 TTC
Price: 1429 TTC
Designed lorigine in the 70's, the API 525 is a compressor type rgnration loop (feedback), such as 1176, 660, etc. It provides a controlled lentre of the (threshold) and output (catch-up gain). A CONTRL end supplmentaire ceiling changes the threshold and gain for catching altrations subtle compression without changing the output. A button-compression rate limitation RULES 2:1 or 20:1. The time is extremely fast dattaque: 15s. Four modes of time relchement are accessible by two buttons: 0.1s, 0.5s, 1.5s and 2.0s. A function of sibilants dlimination INSRE filter curve in the opposite voice dnergie dtecteur rduction for effective sibilance and pops. The 525 is an exact rdition Mon API products the most popular of all time.
The API 525 is perhaps the compressor loop rgnration transistor and having had more success in Lhistoire. It allows a CONTRL behavior of the dynamic linear VCA compressors away so common today. A remarkable CONTRL multifunction ceiling allows the daugmenter rduction gain (lower threshold) while adjusting the output level in the same proportion to the User to the dynamics altrer flies without level changes. The design of this rdition schmas is derived from original drawings and archival shots API.
Time varies with the relchement frquence, high-frquences relches full band as soon as the only low frequencies for a natural follow-up on the envelope. Dattaque time is fixed, chosen to catch the crest of the fastest-free pumping. Also useful for recording or mixing quen compressor-limiter gnral, benefitted from the API 525 are empty for those who use compression regularly. A CONTRL Lancien of dynamics, simple to use multi-function buttons and a wide range of options for mounting in the 500 SERIES ensure that the 525 will take your most critical applications. Laddition of a button with bypass physical and dune between symtrique cblage identical to that of other modules in the SERIES 500, 525 REPRESENTATIVES always APRS 25 years, sound. We can string two or more 525s for multichannel compression.
The compressor-limiter loop rgnration 525 uses op-amps 2510 and 2520 and thus offers the reliability and life luniformit are all CHARACTERISTICS API products.
Rdition the original API 525 of the beginning of the 70
Compressor-limiter feedback peak-detection
Output levels and threshold variables
CONTRL unique combination of features ceiling cls
VU display for viewing the rduction gain
Choice of four modes of time relchement
Dlimination function of sibilants
Traditional circuit design Fully discrte API
- - The configuration gnrale Is it easy? YES
- The edition of sounds and effects is it easy? YES
- The manual is clear and sufficient? YES
- Sound Quality
- - Effects are they effective, suitable and adequate ralistes? YES EXCELLENT
- Which instruments do you use? VOICE, GUITAR, DRUMS, etc ...
- Overall Opinion
- Sre value and recognized, high quality, excellent no doubt