Zoom G5 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
User reviews in other languages
- Edition via PC possible.
Manually editing also.
Digital multi-effects with lamp sortie.Processeur 44.1 kHz (96 kHz against its predecessor).
Simple connectivity (no MIDI input, no effects loop).
The pedal has switches numbered 1 to 4, which suggests that there are 4 patches per bank, excluding use it seems that the 4th is locked, the display does not patch, but no the bank. There would therefore 3 patches per bank.
While ZOOM G7 and G9 had respectively 4 and 5 patches per bank, where it seems that one falls to 3.
Many switches have disappeared from the G7 and G9 (more switches specific bank change over switch amp change over switch function, which allow to extend the possibilities of the bank).
There is more than one expression pedal compared to G9.
A lamp and transistor preamp settings have disappeared from the G7 and G9. The tone control lamp on the G5 is not used much in my opinion.
I also find that the Booster lamp and switch are superflux the lamp enough.
In this proposal, there is more control in the preamp tone simultaneously (replaced by adjusting knobs freq 4): this is in my opinion, less manageable and fully redundant with respect to eq 6 bands put into effect, so that general tone setting complemented well eq 6 bands on the G7 and G9 (2 sets were very interesting to scupter sound).
- Manual editing is simple.
I have not tried using the PC.
The manual is quite clear, everything is pretty intuitive and clear (more than his predecessors: G7/G9).
on the other hand, it is regrettable that the effects are not classified before selection during manual editing effects. Must scroll through 100's effects before you find one that you want to insert in the chain.
- Sound Quality
- I totally agree with the opinion of Mickhendrix (below).
This is well below the G9, I also 5 years.
G5 tested in a Marshall Valvestate entry 8080 (clear channel transistor)
then in the loop of the amp (the "amp head" and "power amp has been selected in the G5.
Where G9 was the result of a compromise between numerical simulations and lamps (analog), where these two aspects of his were well proportioned, forming a single entity and providing sound quite natural, G5 meanwhile sounds pretty synthetic.
On the G5 it seems to find these components (digital and analog), but so unbalanced. Digital (simulations) is in the foreground.
The two components (the simulations and the 12AX7) do not fuse on the G5.
Simulations and synthetic sound effects G5 and it's even worse when we combine 2 or 3 effects. This was not the case on the G9, in any case not at all at this point.
Question her, the G5's hard to reproduce some sounds fine and cristalins that could happen to produce the G9.
On the G5, I feel that the simulations also compress the sound loses the sweetness of the natural attack and there was on the G9 and G7 (despite setting this "tube" to zero on the G5).
- Overall Opinion
- All this is very disappointing when we had the G9 and we enjoyed it.
Used a morning tested with the G9 side to compare,
and restored to the store.
There's no photo, even if I feel that both bikes come from the same place a sound point of view, I think the G5 next to the plate.
This crankset that brandishes ZOOM as "The Answer" is, in my opinion, the answer to anything.
I rather like cheap pedals, economic version.
I feel that ZOOM foolishly copied concurrency, while G9 was quite original and was very much appreciated.
Putting the simulations and therefore the digital front, at the expense of the lamp, I feel that ZOOM wanted to caricature the sound was more subtle on G7/G9,
as if to shout a little louder than the competition.
Result, the G5 sounds a bit more like a line6 "all digital".
- See site for details zoom!
Please note that it comes with a version of Cubase and a super full manual, it's really interesting about this!
7/10: bundled software, manual very well designed, and equipment in all quality
- The use is simple, and it succeeded! I read the entire manual, then I put hands on this toy and all went well! it's still intuitive as possible, I just struggled a little early to find the effects I wanted and for the preamp but if there is any, it is very well done! the four quadrants are effective, well you see the settings, and you can also see an overview of realistic physical emulated pedals!
Manual very well, not too rich but not incomplete, no complaints!
Editing is easy, access to the settings is downright easy compared to the Boss GT example ... you play, you listen and live rules, it is easy!
8/10, it is very easy to use unlike gas plants on the market, ca is set alone!
- Sound Quality
- For cons, the I'm not as enthusiastic ... explanations: I was looking for a way to play the sound Repette directly without having to lug my amp every time, my back protested strongly and I do not want to enrich my physio! So I looked for an alternative easily transportable, which led me to multi-effects! I quickly put aside the Boss (it sounds cold, digital and have to spend 15 years to get quality sound ...), not packed by digitech much less Line 6 POD .. So I got my hands a G5 and am j'me, why not? tested on a Fender tube is sure ca sends paté, but once sono my fears proved to be inevitable ...
To start with the positive, I was pleasantly surprised by the overall effects (chorus, flanger, delay, reverb ...) that sounded really great! more than their editing is very easy, I did toy and big kid that I am fully chirped!
However, I had more problems with the preamp and saturation in general ... I play jazz / funk, so I had a good clear sound but also lead to its chorus, and that's where I locked (to clarify that I tested with a U.S. strat deluxe and musicman JP6) ... ca cleans the password, playing with the type of emulated HP and a small compressor I got to get a really correct rendering. But just to find my lead sound, no way, and yet not gain j'pousse 400! I found really ca synthetic honeycomb pattern (I said it was re direct sound!) ... not already low, so I was a bit puzzled, then a nasal side as I hate ... I tried several config (preamp / hp / pédaledisto different), but nothing really convinced me ... Ditto for the boost (with the lamp mouarf commercial scam) once switched ca accentuated all the flaws I just mentioned ... So finally, I had a clean sound satisfactory, good effects, but no sound saturated valid ... impossible to continue with this pedal unfortunately!
4/10 IN MY USE or live sound! very important to emphasize ca: p sounds are correct, but the most muscular verging on bad ... on a good amp is obviously different
- Overall Opinion
- I used four days at home and a full evening of Repette, but I'll bring it in store today to take something else, and certainly not a multi purpose!
I tried the Boss (yuck for these multi effects) and some larger models (RP1000, Pods, Tonelab) and nothing has convinced me (even the GT100 which seemed really cool (especially on youtube) but more be boring to use does not sound so ca for me), and one thing is for sure, I loose the idea of multi-effect!
- Effects that are frankly well (except the Wha pedal, car I like but not controlled by the foot)
- Ease of use (thank you!)
- The manual is comprehensive and well
- Easy to use looper
- The drum machines to toy
- Cubase comes with (unfortunately I have liked to try that!)
- Ergonomics (compact crankset and not heavy)
- Everything preamp, saturations ... Live a sound is horrible, but all of the lamp is cool (even if later when you have a good tube amp you do not necessarily want to rot with preamp modeling ...)
- Wha controlled foot, I really got into the habit and Ibanez and my frustration was great!
- The synthetic side saturations
To conclude, I think I'm a little too demanding: D when we used all the lights, it's hard to navigate with these products, and this is what feels more: the absence of dynamics, bass, grain nasal saturations ... For use only with the effects behind an amp, it's a great alternative to individual pedals, I was really amazed on this point. However, I think objectively should not rely on this machine to create all the sounds (even less sound, and a MG30DFX is not better ...)
5/10: I put the average for ease of use and quality effects really deserve some attention, and I'll probably have kept if I did not already have all my pedalboard to date. .. but for use on sound is clearly not up unfortunately
It will therefore leave me tonight, I tried to be as objective as possible :)
- This is a multi-effect with a peculiarity of not mixing effect if desired by switchant or not the coup was more independent of the pedals that are associated or not all
It is also an amp simulator and also affect acoustic simulation rather a lot compared to other competitor.
can be used as sound card and software telechargeabe on the site of the beast is not all bad for choosing a set.
- Personal use is simple incorport what we needed or no effect and 9 127 usable together or by bank on the example renames the song title and hop on a switch to either a 9 or more association or combination and c ' is
There is a battery operable over a loop of one minute loop recording
- Sound Quality
- For a multi purpose I find essential in the sense that it contains pretty much everything and sounds more correct than the delay especially the tremolo and reverb
- Overall Opinion
- Frankly it's been a week that I utiliése I'm doing a solo album and am going to use it for
Count me among the musician is termed in the purist sense or sound of my tube amp is a must for me so I had the delay of the reverb chorus tremolo finally modulations mainly and I'm not disappointed at all for me and all the player like me it is essential it can easily replace all pedal it even has a built-in boost that can be associated throughout his or her banks expression pedal takes several functions that he assimilates and even more sometimes three functions both at once more another
The handling is very quick and easy with a PC whatever.
I would try on my sound system to see because it is true when we go on again and nothing more annoying than wearing guitar amp and effect all qe we have needs for a few hours and rebollote at the end of a repeat of Suffice it itches and zoom
I emphasize the sound of the zoom zoom I see or do has a lot of progress on this point and move to the next level while retaining their small demarque as the battery used and very good boost for the solo stand of as far as tube (there are some who say it's fake I think he does his taf and that's what I ask)
I recommend this pedal cheap to get more weapons and not be found on the floor and is suitable for every style of music and more
I would do a video soon
The best part is that you try to get your opinion because it is only mine
Magix fingers (www.youtube.com/magixfingers91100)
- All effects
- Guide to Minimum
Sounds easy to generate and store sound quality but well below the G9 2tt
- Sound Quality
- Below the G9 2tt I for 5 or 6 years.
Despite changing lamp, lamp for Mesa, the sound is very average for my taste for all amp or effects. Expression pedal, not as good as the G9 2tt.
- Overall Opinion
- Returned as fragile as gear, power button disappeared during transport after 2 weeks of use??.
For the price, Good pedal backup in case, but I prefer widely Zoom G9 2tt.
- see these issues following notice me swell!
ben there any side effect I think ...
- Easy! I am a lazy (see previous question) and I took it in mian on without reading the manual and more ah is a leaflet?!
- Sound Quality
- Huge is what I was looking for! not agree with those who claim that the sound is not there any hot temperatures that you want (I do not like the purists but I respect them) I just try it with a SQUIER DERYCK I 'm pretty eclectic likes rock and metal music I like mail hack be surprised and I have used one hour and I make a break to share my joy is the rack that I expected not bizzzares sounds are not gadgets but there will always classiqueset other guitarists ...
some use the sound effects for a color they are trying to find sounds to find out more see the previous opinion that a guitarist would spend hours to find his former sounds to me he lost a unique opportunity to renew! (yet Once I respect this approach but it is not mine
For me this kind of effect is more ideal for punks hackers crazy people who create the instinct
(Back of his mind but a damn if it does not sound BOTH forgiveness that does not sound EXACTLY AS (it makes all the difference) what has been produced guitar heroes of the past finally it's all so SUBJECTIVE for others it's a bit of gaspi. analog pedals are made for them (but more expensive) I can assure you that the sounds gives emotion and quality they are "inspired as we say ( and there all is said)
About sounds unusable: I remember 30 years ago (I forgot to I'm old!)
I tried an echo pedal and the seller told me good but it's interesting utiliisant settings to a minimum because after it's unusable ... will say it to The Edge!
- Overall Opinion
- how long you use it? 1 hour! I already tell! (No this interwiever)
yes I tried everything and especially the famous GT 10 and GT not convinced because of the ergonomics and sound there is something that bothers me dedansc'est not finished screaming I do not know what is like wholemeal pasta texture indéffinissablement unpleasant try to eat it and you'll understand what I mean by that
may be that passing time to make adjustments ... but I'm a lazy remember!
what I love most: usability, variety and sound quality (sounds convincing: big and thick and complex sounds or pure and crystalline as that is what I call quality but it's still subjective eh ..)
I also like the fact that certain sounds to be classified by group name or guitarist even though the sounds are not exactly (hopefully) the same but it gives an excellent landmark
what I like least is coming can be for now I am all my joy!
Needless to I find the most excellent value for money!
Refer this choice with the experience?
NOOO, you see I'm so disappointed (but hey it's been an hour since I use it can speak from experience?)
Now if it could make the espresso coffee tea or hot chocolate hot drink like multi effect this will be really good (although some purists miss the taste is not worth the coffee house or a good Jacques Vabre)
- For specifications, see the previous opinion or the manufacturer's website. The most brilliant of this pedal is the Z-pedal, a volume pedal for example vertically and effects that can decrease (eg left) or increase (eg right). Well, when creating its first patch, it is easy to forget all the configuration effects and also the orders assigned to the Z-pedal. I started listing all of these parameters on Excel to remind me just what I programmed.
- The issue could not be simpler and it is the first time the issue is almost easier on the pedal with the supplied software, the manual (in French) is very short, which means above all the unit itself is very simple to use. The pedal is smaller and lighter than previous and I find it rather "nice" (great design). The edition of the software provided is a bit painful on my Mac, I find all objects that are too small (well it is already necessary to have the scroll effects the 9 next to each other).
- Sound Quality
- Matter of fact, I would say that sounds are not really better than G7.1ut or G9.2ut. I started to turn the lamp and put a Chinese 12AX7 Electro Hamonix and there I found my sound gradually the G7.1ut. I almost left the lamp burning with all the patches, because I think this is the quitare with really good sound. I just cut if I want less of attack. I also love the rhythms present (this is basic good) and the looper to repeat such a harmony solo record.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a week and gradually found "my sounds". I think there is a real hardware and software improvements over older cranksets zoom. My only disappointment: I expected more "good" factory sounds, but there I found qu'omn quickly disillusioned. There is work to do. Overall a good buy at great value for money, but disappoint "a little" holders (excellent) and G7.1ut G9.2ut.
- Note that I live in Japan, this is why I got it early.
Zoom is a Japanese brand.
Ability to use up to 9 effects simultaneously
Tube Booster to overdrive the amp
4 LCD screens with graphical representation of amps and effects
3D Z-Pedal Control parameters "multidimensional"
More than 120 effects, 20 amp models
Looper with integrated recorder and 60 seconds overdub
Drum machine and chromatic tuner built
Balanced XLR output for DI
Audio interface to record directly into your sequencer
Comes with Cubase LE
Edit & Share software available for free download
This is what is said.
- Simpler? it is not possible
It's like you can put any pedals as a result, up to a maximum of 9.
The setting of these two, it's simple 3 knob and if those are not enough there is a button "page" to access the other parameters.
1 knob: Gain
2 knob: Tone
3 knob: Volume
you press "page" and there:
1, the knob becomes: (ex) treble
This brief is easy, very intuitif.J love it
The manual is in Japanese for me, so I do not know if it will be as clear in French.
I have yet to try the patch editor on PC, but it is very similar to G3.
- Sound Quality
- Well here is the slap, it's no longer the zoom.
Gone are the small plastic multi effect with sounds of video games.
There is a real solid metal housing with impact with good musicianship and warm enough I think (for digital).
It is also very versatile, I use a guitar with 3/4 box bebop jazz, Strat, PRS but also with good mounted on EMG ESP.
In short it swallows everything.
Small detail, it is said that digital does not comply with the grain or the personality of the guitar is good but it's true then I must say that it respects those enough. I tried with all my guitars, on the same patch, the same amp and I must say that with or without (G5) it is there.
The breath, there are hardly any, may be on large distortion but with a noise gate, no problem.
Now the lamp, handy separate boost pedal which allows the signal to pass through the lamp at any time and the "warm" by setting a new time gain and tone.
Those who say that the lamp of pure and marketing are right, but that does not stop the fact that it is effective, and there I understand the hype of the G5 system boost, it is legitimate.
Only downside, the headphones on his "boosted" to a tendency to saturate even at low volumes, it is normal, but I think with a good headphone it must pass.
- Overall Opinion
- Of course I do not have enough experience, and I will not hesitate to drop my judgment in time if I'm disappointed but now I am amazed.
I use regular analog pedals, but then I wanted an all together, (too lazy to always connect everything), I never expected anything for that price and especially for ZOOM.
But here is the slap.
In the market for multi effects now, well it's almost the best (I almost said, of course if you spell ... over 400 euros), and especially what is best for its price, the multi BOSS are not as good as before.
While allergy and Digital Technology, décoincez you a little, you will not be disappointed and your wallet too.