or
Create an account

or

Thread Yamaha S08+SQ1 sequencer softwr. + laptop

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Yamaha S08+SQ1 sequencer softwr. + laptop
Help! I have my first ever keyboard (Yamaha S08) I love the weighted keys and the nice solid built & feel, sounds are great (I know there is much better out there but this one fit my econo-88k. pianofeel search).

S08 will only sequence with the use of included yamaha SQ1 software.
I knew this was going to be trouble for someone w/ my low techno abilities....
I followed instructions on the software install and the USB connection between keybrd. & my laptop, Windows found new hardware, driver got installed per the book,and USB01-in & USB01-out were selected in the SQ1"device" window.
I noticed that a microsoft Gs wavetable SW synth showed up in there too...
I imported a demo and I could only hear it play thru laptop speakers when I spec'd the Microsoft synth as a "port" in several of the demo's tracks...
The install manual (not user friendly and skinpy) indicates that a yamaha device should appear in the "device" window to be selected in conjuction with the USB01-in & USB01-out selections..."Nothing" with "yamaha" shows up there in the "device window" or under "ports" in the track selection window.

Maybe there is someone out there that can help me & give me a step by step: "Get this new rig running" advice. It's frustrating to wanna know how and being stumped by some possibly few simple steps & settings!

Thanks, Ray