or
Create an account

or

Thread i finally snapped...

• 9 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 i finally snapped...
...yes its true, i went out and purchased a virtual analog hardware synth, the novation k-station, after many months of research, and alot of shopping around, i found a deal that i couldnt refuse for this interesting 2 octave synth...

i will post a review here in a few weeks after ive had some time to put it through many tests...BUT in the meantime, i would like to hear from YOU!! ;)

have you tried or owned any of the new generation of virtual analog hardware synths(nord modular, alesis ion, waldorf microQ...etc)?
hi,

good choice.
I bought the KS rack about a year ago and I will never sell this piece.
The sound, editing and creating sounds from scratch.
A modern synth useable for all kinds of music and quite easy to use.
The K that you have is similar and you will love it very soon.
regards chris pax
well, i havnt made a review yet as i said i would above :lol:

*lazy!*

BUT i will say one thing, youre right, im hooked, its so simple, and sounds like so much more than it is, the only problem i have with it is the clicking when changing between programs, kinda lame, and my only other problem is MY own: I SHOULD HAVE GOT THE KS4....2 octaves is ok for making sounds, and chords, basslines, whatever..but..you know what i mean...

:)
well sometimes I'm lazy too.
So years ago when I started I choose 1 keyboard controler instead of 4/5 keyboards. It's a lot easier this way to work with hardware.
Never the less, I think you will keep the K and whenever the budget allows it you'll buy a few hardware pieces extra.
My hardware consists of akai sampler- mu 80 yama-tg55 yama-alesis D4-KS rack and a bunch of vst's.
And like the mu80, it runs trough an ultragain to convert -10 into 0db.
If you could have 3 devices of hardware together with different vst's,
you could make everything you wish for years to come.
And obviously a decent mixer is needed.
But I'm sure you knew that allready.
So go for it.
regards chris pax
I don't know about the clicking when changing programs 'cause I never use program changes. That's where a few hardware pieces will help.
It's a lot safer too 'cause with midi I like my gear to do what I want and not to see it their way :)
chris
yes yes yes, there are so many softsynths now, its unreal

and yes youre right, picking a good controller, then working with different hardware/software is a good idea, usually better on your $$$ situation also

what is your keyboard controller of choice?
Hi,
I work with FATAR for about 5 years now and I'm happy with it.
It's a matter of choice, most of them are technically ok.
roland/edirol do have good controlers. The fatar has 61 keys, quite handy when playing a piano part.

On the other hand if you're in dance or house only, 37 keys will do.
As for midi I use midisport 4x4 M-audio As I said it's a matter of taste and preference and budget .
Anyway buying such a controler won't kill your budget.

Suggestion? FATAR or edirol.

regards chris
yes chris, thats why i got the 2 octave KS...mainly for bass, and creating sound effects, and for the kickass vocoder, this is definetly not a keyboard i purchased, for playing "piano"

i agree with you the edirol's are quality keyboards, roland owns edirol, so thats saying something, if youre a fan of roland products, although im not completely sold on them, i have talked toa few guysthat say they like their m-audio controllers, but i have yet to touch one...there is really so much of a markey for them now, it seems every couple months, it gets stepped up, and one company outdoes the other, i think ill wait a bit, and see what happens this summer, after all i still can crunch away on 88 keys in the living room

They don't make bad cars anymore, so its the same thing with music gear.
I have a slight preference for yamaha mainly for their sound generators and mix desks.
Akai is in my top 5 list............. but great looking women share that list too , so????.................... 8)
Lucky you......................... having such a big................living?!?!....................... :lol:
chris 8)
hahaha yes women share my top 5 also, maybe women are my entire top 5 :lol:

then after that come other things 8)