Images
1/922
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Thread Selling my Scarlett 2i2, looking for a good upgrade

• 4 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Selling my Scarlett 2i2, looking for a good upgrade
I was considering moving up to the 6i6 but now I'm not so sure it's worth the money.....

My current live setup is 1 guitar, 1 bass/additional guit, 1 MK-149, 1 Launchpad S, 1 laptop, 1 drum kit

Looking for something that's an upgrade from the 2i2 that can handle the above (and potentially more) without bankrupting me for life ;)
I had a 2i2 a while back when I started my so-called home studio. It's got great preamps and is an all-in-all great buy, but it's certainly not ideal that it had no separate monitoring output, so doing a separate headphone mix or connecting a second pair of referencing monitors wasn't possible.

That's why I went for the 2i4. Not sure if it's exactly the 'upgrade' you're looking for, but certainly helped me overcome the previous drawbacks without spending a bunch
I, like probably 99% of producers, started with the 2i2 when I was learning. While I don't own the 6i6, I have had a good amount of experience with it. Enough to say it's definitely a worthy upgrade if you need the extra bells & whistles. Anyway focusrite in general has always made stuff I like (unless you're willing to shell out loads of cash, in which case there are several better alternatives)
Hi pay up pay up,

If you are looking to upgrade from the 2i2, the 6i6 would be a great option. Since you seem to only need 2 analog line inputs for your guitars, both the 2i4 and 6i6 will work great. However the 6i6 has 4 line outputs, which can be great for multiple studio monitors if you would like to "A/B" mixes in the future. Also the 6i6 will enable you to create separate headphone mixes using MixControl, which is not available with the 2i4.

If you want to one day expand on your external devices or would like to record vocals/guitars simultaneously and are in need of an additional mic pre then the 6i6 will be a great option since there are 2 line inputs on the rear of the unit; with 2 mic pre's on the front.

If you would like to compare the units at a glance, check out this page : https://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
David // Focusrite Technical Support

The day we'll ever see a member like David_Focusrite say 'you know what chief, I'd go with a UA Apollo Twin there' is the day I die and go to heaven :mdr:

With that said, focusrite makes great interfaces and for what you're after, you might as well go with the 6i6 as you can find them similarly priced on amazon and it comes with the stuff mentioned above