Images
1/393
Apogee Duet

Thread Apogee Duet question - HELP!

• 5 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Apogee Duet question - HELP!
K so here's the situation that's been driving me nuts lately.

I've recently purchased a brand new Macbook Pro with OS X version 10.8.4 (mountain lion). My Duet is plugged in using a firewire to thunderbolt adapter (which should work according to Apogee's site). The mac correctly recognizes the duet as an audio device, and the duet can be used for things like listening to itunes or any other audio listening purposes without any problems. Studio One also sees it and classifies it as an I/O device.

The problem is Maestro 2. No matter what I've tried, maestro just doesn't recognize the duet and says "no apogee systems found"...

I have the latest maestro 2 software and have tried complete uninstalls and reinstalls a couple times to no avail. I've seen similar issues on other forums, but none with exactly the same problems, so I'm stuck :furieux::furieux:

It completely boggles my mind that the Duet works properly on the macbook's OS but isn't seen in Maestro. I REALLY need it to work soon for a paid project that's coming up. Can anyone help??
Couple common sense questions but it might help. Have you tried unplugging and replugging the duet from yourr firewire port? And have you made sure you're using the duet firewire version for maestro 2?
Unplugging/replugging hasn't helped, and to answer your second question, I'm currently using "Duet Firewire Software Installer - July 2012" which is supposed to be compatible with Lion and Mountain Lion.

I downloaded from here: https://www.apogeedigital.com/support/duet-firewire

I appreciate your reply. I will try anything, but as I've said, most other forums I've checked haven't helped. Since I have a deadline on my project, if I can't find a solution by today, I have no other ideas other than to wipe my macbook pro completely clean and do a full restore to factory settings, at which point I will only install maestro 2 and nothing else.

Hopefully this works, but if anyone else has other ideas, I'm all ears! Would much rather find a solution that doesn't involve wiping my computer clean. Thanks.
I've also experienced similar issues before. I have a MacBook Pro with OS 10.8.4 as well as Apogee's July 2012 duet firewire software installer. Maybe there's just something wrong with this combination, and I don't know if it's on Apple's side or Apogee's, but I've discovered that if I plug in my Duet, I'll get the same problem where I can play music through the Duet but maestro doesn't recognize it. Then I restart, and maestro suddenly recognized the device.

Kind of annoying but could be a decent workaround if it works for you. good luck
Quote from synthonym:
I'll get the same problem where I can play music through the Duet but maestro doesn't recognize it. Then I restart, and maestro suddenly recognized the device.

Kind of annoying but could be a decent workaround if it works for you. good luck

No luck on my end. I couldn't fix the issue but I managed to borrow a friend's computer who had Snow Leopard installed and now everything's working smoothly. Upwards and onwards! thanks anyways, guys
Not sure if it's too late for me to try and save the day, but I use Pro Tools 11 with apogee duet firewire. I had the same issue, and this is gonna sound counterintuitive, but it worked for me:

Install the other USB version of the Maestro update (you can find it here: https://www.apogeedigital.com/support/duet-ios-mac)

Firewire or not, this got my duet recognized by maestro. good luck