or
Create an account

or

Thread Saffire Pro 26 output/playback issue

• 5 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Saffire Pro 26 output/playback issue
Anyone facing similar issue with Saffire Pro 26?
I can only get sound from my Saffire Pro 26 interface by restarting my PC. If turn the Saffire Pro 26 unit On while the PC is running, the signal from the mic or instruments will not register as being received by the unit. the Saffire Pro 26 audio interface will not produce any sound or output neither from audio track playback nor monitor audio sounds from input devices (Mic, guitar or keyboards) plug into input jacks on the unit. If I restart my PC while Saffire Pro 26 is on, then the interface will playback audio tracks and register the input devices to produce monitor audio sounds.
Current setup:
Pro Tools 12.4 - Windows 7 64bit PC 16gb memory, i5 Intel processor,
multiple harddrives larger than 500gb (5), Firewire 400 card IEEE 1394, High Performance Serial Bus
Avid S3 Controller (ethernet connection to PC), Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 (Firewire 400) w/ Saffire Mix Control 3.7 software
Saffire Pro 26 connected to JBL 305 powered monitors

Any help or suggestions will be fully appreciated
Thank you in advance, Recai Music
recaimusicltd@gmail.com
Good morning,
Please can you take a look at this article, at the bottom of it is our OHCI app that will let us know more information about your Firewire card:

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207546925?flash_digest=838736ce8525994efcd1c5065177afe799286eeb

Please can you ensure that you have fully updated all motherboard chipset drivers, BIOS and Firewire card drivers on your machine.
If you have a motherboard with any Intel parts on it you may also want to run the Automatic Driver Update from Intel. Sometimes I see situations where the computer manufacturer may not have all the latest drivers for each individual part listed. Often Intel has even newer drivers for many parts in your computer that can solve audio problems.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Have you tested your Firewire card in a different PCIe slot? Try it in a slot furthest away from any other PCIe cards you may have installed.

When the Saffire is not registering any input or output, can you let me know if the FW LED on the front of the unit (below the metering) is lit?

Many thanks
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Hello Simon,

Firewire 400 info - Vendor:Texas Instruments - Chipset:TSB43AB23
The drivers for the motherboard are current date. The drivers for the firewire card were current and the light for Firewire connection on the Saffire Pro 26 was active until I updated the drivers (Microsoft 1394ohci.sys [6.1.7601.17514]) per your suggestion. After the update, the Firewire light was not active. I executed the Automatic Driver Update program from Intel, which requires the purchase of additional software; not what I expected or willing to pay.

Inserted another PCIe Firewire 400 card with current drivers Vendor:(1106)VIA Technologies Chipset:(3403) VT6315/VT6330.
The Firewire light is active on the Saffire Pro26, however is not registering any input or output.

Do you have other suggestions?

Recai Music
Good afternoon,

That's very unusual, i'm not aware of any purchases being necessary to use the Intel Driver Update Program, at what point are you seeing this suggestion? Are you able to screenshot it?
If you're connecting a different Firewire card, and we're seeing an improvement in connection (i.e. the FW led is now lighting whereas before it was not), that may suggest an incompatibility between the original card and your motherboard. We do not know of any particular issues with the VIA chipset you mention other than with Windows 10, however we do recommend a TI XIO2213b chipset as mentioned in our article posted above.

To ensure that the Pro26 is working as intended, and that the issue is definitely the interaction between the Firewire card/Motherboard, are you able to test the Saffire on a friend or family members Mac at all? If the unit works here, we know to concentrate on perhaps you getting a Firewire card that works with your motherboard. If the Saffire does not work on a Mac, then this may point to their being an issue with the Saffire itself.

Let me know how you get on.
Hello Focusrite,
I resolve my issue with the Focusrite Pro 26 with a replacement unit. Not sure if it was the unit that was defective or my understanding the instructions. I returned the unit for another unit and purchased a FireWire card listed on the Focusrite Knowledge Base for Windows 7. With the FireWire Legacy (Windows) drivers installed, I was able to successfully establish input and output signals for my Pro Tools 12.4 sessions. I also engrained the suggested startup procedures, referenced on the Focusrite Knowledge Base; no need to provide the details here.
This is my first Focusrite products; this will not be the last, as I am 'eyeing' the Focusrite Pro 40 for input expansion and Headphone control matrix.
However, I really appreciate your response and assistance with my issue.

Reggie Morris - Recai Music Demo
recaimusicltd@gmail.com
Hi,

I'm glad that you're now up and running. Enjoy your Saffire.
Let us know if you need anything else.