or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite iTrack with USB hub?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Focusrite iTrack with USB hub?
This is my first time posting on the forum. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the Focusrite iTrack, both in quality and specifically to my use. I'm actually using it for live performance in order to utilize the 1/4 inch outputs instead of the headphone jack of my ipad. I use it for recording when at home. My question is to the use of USB hubs. The connection on the iTrack works perfectly well with my Novation Launchkey, which is well and good. My initial idea was to use both my launchkey and launchpad at the same time - the Launchkey for playing various synth apps, and the Launchpad for controlling the Launchpad app. I tried both active and passive hubs to achieve this with no success. Furthermore, I realized that setting the Launchpad aside altogether, when connecting the Launchkey through the hub all by itself, it also doesn't work. So am I to assume hubs, and as such multiple controllers, is out of the question for the iTrack?
Good morning,

Firstly, just to be clear, I believe that you're talking specifically about the iTrack Dock?
If so, then unfortunately not, the iTrack Dock has been specifically designed to have a single midi controller connected via USB, anything further than that (i.e. multiple controllers connected via a hub) is not tested and is unlikely to work.

I hope the above helps, please do let us know if you have any other questions.
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support