or
Create an account

or

Thread Scarlett 18i20 and mixcontrol

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Scarlett 18i20 and mixcontrol
I've just started playing around with my new 18i20 and I have a very basic question.

As a first test, I was playing a music file from windows media player, and I was able to see that the two channels from that source were identified as DAW 1 and DAW 2 in the mixcontrol software. Now, when I was playing a youtube video at the same time, it was also using DAW 1 and DAW 2. Is it possible to have those two sources (media player and youtube), when played at the same time use four different DAW numbers so that they could be mixed independently? If this is not possible directly, is there a workaround?

I know this may not seem like a very practical thing to do, but I'm just exploring the capabilities of the system to understand better what's going on.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Segovia,

Thanks for the question.
The quick answer is no, system sounds all always route through DAW 1 & 2, essentially your main monitor outputs.
If you were running a Saffire with Loopback capability, or a third-party loopback program, you could record the required system sounds separately into different channels of your DAW, and then mix independently, however this is slightly different to what you potentially want to achieve (live simultaneous loopback mixing).

Hope this helps.
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Thank you Simon!