or

Thread Changing the 18i20 Line in?

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Changing the 18i20 Line in?
Hi there.
I have focusrite scarlett 18i20.
My problem is, that my mic is connected to input 8, but when I do skype calls, I have to connect it to Input 1.
The "Microphone" input in the skype settings only shows one option "Line In (Scarlett 18i20 USB)".
What if I want to, for example, send my computer sounds through skype?
Is there any way to set which input, or maybe a bunch of inputs together, or maybe even the stereo mix the "Line in" is, or must it necessarily be the Input 1 and that's it?
Good morning,

Unfortunately, because Skype does not use the ASIO driver, it (like Windows) will only register the first two inputs.
You will notice that when a program (such as most DAWS) uses the ASIO driver, you will then have access to your full input & output range.

Hope this helps, please do contact us if you have any further questions.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Alright.
So, the only solution i see is connecting outputs to inputs with wires :D
That's kinda silly, but should work... Or will that destroy my gear?
Would there be any firmware or Mixcontrol updates that would let me route outputs to inputs?
Good morning,

There is no problem with connecting output to input, this is essentially creating a manual loopback recording.
Loopback recording is a feature within our Saffire devices and is a routing option within Saffire Mix Control, but now within Scarlett Mix Control unfortunately.

Best regards
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support