Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 - inserts & headphone mix issues

• 14 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 - inserts & headphone mix issues
Hi.

Firstly, I'm currently using I'm currently using Logic 9.1.8 and also the Saffire Mix Control software.

I've recently upgraded to a Saffire Pro 26 as I was given a TLA 5013 stereo EQ and a DBX266XL stereo compressor by a friend.
I manged to patch them in accordingly from outputs 3/4 back into 3/4, and also out of 5/6 and back into 5/6.
I can monitor the addition of the EQ and Compression through my monitors when playing back in logic. But I can't seem to work out how to monitor the changes through headphones.

I work on a mixture of monitors and headphones so would prefer to be able to hear the eq & compression through both when I need to. I don't mind changing the Saffire Mix control routing to make this possible (e.g - changing my saved mix "profiles" to switch between output from monitors to headphones and then back) but what I don't want to have to do is have to unplug the patch cables every time to make this a possibility.

Is there a better way of patching than I have done or is this simply no possible? I'd prefer not to run the EQ into the compressor for obvious reasons.

Whenever I seem to monitor through the headphones I just get what I believe is the dry signal from Logic with no additional EQ or compression.

Current mix settings:

1903155.png

Also, I've noticed that on headphone mix 2 it only seems to be outputting from the left hand side? Not sure If I've done something wrong or the unit is faulty. I only purchased it 3 or so weeks ago. Headphone mix 1 seems to work fine.

Really appreciate any help or ideas you could throw my way.

Thanks.

Show first post
Thanks. I thought this might be the conclusion. Appreciate the time you've taken to explain to me and help out.

Best of luck.
Hi Guys,

Glad you guys seem to be on the right track here. Angelie is right, you're unfortunately restricted (if wanting to use stereo outs) by the number of outputs on the Pro26. As mentioned, the 18i20 or Pro40 & LS56 (if you want to stick with Firewire) will allow you to have 6 mono (3 stereo) outputs separate to your two stereo headphone outputs (7-8 & 9-10).

Do get in touch if you have any further queries.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support

[ Post last edited on 10/24/2014 at 01:52:17 ]

Appreciate your response Simon. I'm weighing up my options at the moment. I can deal with using the speakers to monitor for the time being, so it's not too much a problem. Would just prefer the option to headphone monitor. Maybe at some point in the future!

Take care.
Hi my pro 26 not connecting to late 2013 imac 10.10 yosemite need help Please!

[ Post last edited on 12/06/2014 at 10:50:44 ]

Hi Djlawnboy,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues.
Your issue is different to what this thread is about, and so you may not receive all the help you need due to other users not seeing your topic in the main list.
In any case, please could you ensure that you're using Mix Control version 3.5 (Yosemite specific) available here:

https://uk.focusrite.com/downloads?product=Saffire+PRO+26

If this does not solve your issues, please email us here:
https://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

When you receive the initial automated bounce-back email, please reply to that with a system profile.
While the unit is connected on its own to your Mac, could you please send me a copy of your system profile by going to;
About This Mac >More Info >System Report >Please wait for 60 seconds >File >Save.

Best regards
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support