Create an account

or

Thread IMac not recognizing Saffire Pro 14

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 IMac not recognizing Saffire Pro 14
Hello all

My iMac (2013) running Yosemite, does not recognize my Saffire pro 14. I'm using the thunderbolt adapter and 400 to 800 FireWire cord. The power light and LKD light comes on but nothing for the FW light. I've Downloaded the latest driver for Saffire. Not sure if it's a Yosemite issue or the adapter or FireWire cord. Any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JPAZ
Hi Jpaz,

Thanks for your email and sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues.

What would be really helpful is if you could email us here explaining the issue:

https://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

You will then receive an automated bounce back email, please reply to this with your iMac system report. While the Saffire unit is connected on its own to your Mac, could you please send me a copy of your system profile by going to;
About This Mac >More Info >System Report >Please wait for 60 seconds >File >Save.

Please ensure you have Mix Control 3.5 installed, this is the correct version for Yosemite. You may also wish to try and test a different Firewire cable. Are you able to test the Saffire on another Mac in order to see if the same issues occur?

Please let me know how you get on

Best regards

--
Simon Poulton // Focusrite Technical Support