or
Create an account

or

Thread Scarlett 6i6 Pro Tools 10 Configuration

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Scarlett 6i6 Pro Tools 10 Configuration
MixControl has always infuriated me but somehow I always managed to get it working without additional help. Today that is not the case. Just got PT 10 and I need to know the configuration required to hear ONLY what Pro Tools is hearing. Currently no matter what I try the input is always doubled. Research has told me I'm hearing the direct source in addition to what is coming back from Pro Tools. How do I separate them?! :(((
Hi Blush,

Thanks for your email and sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues.

Within Mix Control, you will need to select the routing preset 'DAW Tracking', this will tell the Saffire to monitor the signal after it is processed through PT.
If you're still having some issues, select File -> Restore Factory Defaults, and repeat the above steps.

I hope the above helps.
Please do let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Best regards

--
Simon Poulton // Focusrite Technical Support
I've done this before but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried it a few more times again.

Still my problem is unsolved. I don't wish to hear what my DAW is hearing (i.e. my input) I want to hear the output of the DAW.
Hi Blush,

Within Mix Control, setting the routing preset to 'DAW Tracking' will let you monitor your input signal essentially after PT, so including any EQ/Plugins/Processing on the channel you're recording to. With this setting, input monitoring within PT must be activated.

Setting the routing preset in Mix Control to 'Zero Latency Tracking' will have you monitoring your input signal directly from the Input of the Scarlett, so essentially hearing what PT is hearing, pre any EQ/Plugins/Processing. When in this mode, you are best to disable any input monitoring within PT as this would result in a doubled effect.

Please note that the above settings simply refer to how you monitor your input whilst tracking, in both settings you will be able to playback your session from your DAW and monitor what you have worked on.

Hope this helps.
Please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support