or
Create an account

or

Thread Red plug ins unrecognisable on mac

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Red plug ins unrecognisable on mac
I have spent 2 hours trying to get the dmg file to open, it cant be recognised by my laptop. I have emailed the support and they told me to repair permissions, which i do every month anyway. I have taken the same dmg i downloaded, and also logged in and dl'ed on other macs, and the same problem follows me round. Has anyone had any luck with this?
I guess this is what you get with free stuff, but come on Focusrite, if you want people to use your products then it is better to leave a good taste in their mouth, not like me where i have wasted too much time on this product to warrant using it or positively promoting it, which is sad as i have used the hardware red 3 before and loved the results.
Hi Oliver,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with installing the Red Plugins, the symptoms you describe is not something we're aware of as being a consistent issue.
Please can you let me know the exact error message that appears when you try and run the .dmg file? A screenshot would help greatly.
If you would prefer, please do give us a call again and we can go through the issues more directly:

https://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Please let me know how you get on
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Thanks for your help, I was about to update to yosemite osx when i decided to see what updates of maverick osx that id missed. i had only missed the itunes update, which i did, then restarted the computer and the red plugins dmg and saffiremix dmg both opened. running fine now thanks. :)
Hi Oliver,

Great, glad to hear you're up and running.
Have fun with it.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support