or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Playback and recording error

• 8 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Playback and recording error
I've had the 2i2 for about two weeks now, working fine up until today. Here are the problems:
1) When direct monior is off, I cannot get playback through the interface.
2) When DM is on, loud static progresses with headphone volume, even when both channel gains are at zero.
3) When I turn DM on, I can hear playback hidden behind loud static through the first channel, using my Mic.
4) The second channel does not seem to give any response, with or without DM on.
5) Second channel is continuously and rapidly blinking green, no matter what the gain is set at.
I can record both mic and guitar through Reaper using the interface with decent sound quality, but still lack proper playback. When I record through channel two, all I recieve is static. I have messed around with the inputs, outputs, and buttons as much as I can, yet no luck. I can listen to audio on my computer with the headphones going through the interface and all is clear.

What are some ways that I can troubleshoot this issue?
I think I have narrowed the problem down to an issue with the two inputs.
Have you tried installing the drivers or update them with newer ones?
It sounds like your drivers are not controlling the unit as they supposed to do.

( this because you said playback audio on
your computer is working fine)

Sometimes using an older driver can do wonders or even a diverent usb cable.

Keep us Updated....

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

Update:

I replaced the Focusrite USB 2.0 2.5.1 exe with the focusrite Family Audio Driver 3.1.10, which supports the Scarlett 2i2. Unfortunately, this made no difference in the performance of my interface. I will call tech support tomorrow when they are open and post the result.

[ Post last edited on 03/08/2015 at 14:59:25 ]

Hi Dallas,

If you give Tech Support a call, we can take you through some tests to try and isolate the problem further.
Please do let us know how you get on and let me know if I can help any further (I'm in the UK Tech Support office).

Best regards
Simon //Focusrite Technical Support
I just spoke with Tech support and they said there was some issue with the inputs. Luckily, I bought it recently, so I am exchanging it for a new unit. Thank you for the help guys!
Hi Dallas,

Hopefully we'll have you up and running soon.
Let us know if you need anything else.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Conclusion:

Alright,
shortly after beginning this thread, I got a hold of Focusrite and had the unit exchanged.
The new one has operated flawlessly since then, after maybe twelve to fifteen hours of function. I will add to this if the same problem occurs again (Which hopefully would not be the case)
Hi Dallas,

Hopefully there are no issues with your replacement, but if you run into any issues; please let us know!

Have a great weekend.

Best Regards,
David // Focusrite Technical Support