Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Windows 10 Users - Important compatibility information

• 17 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 7 followers
1 Focusrite Windows 10 Users - Important compatibility information
Hello everyone,

I thought I would proactively point you in the direction of our current Windows 10 compatibility stance at Focusrite.
We're happy that our current range of products are fully compatible with Windows 10, however please take some time to read the following article for more information on your product, if you need to update your drivers etc:

http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/windows-10-compatibility

If you own a Focusrite product that relies on computer interactivity, and it is not listed on the above article, then the product is likely discontinued, as such it will not have been tested with Windows 10. Products that are not tested with new operating systems due to being discontinued may still work on those new OSs, but there may be bugs and issues that we're not aware of.

Hope this helps.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Show first post
I have a Scarlett 6i6 and face the same Problems.
I think it´s not a Windows 10 - Problem. The problem seems to be the usb-audio-Driver.

Here´s what I found out:

I still have Windows 7 (64bit)!

- scarlett 1.8 ---> everything is fine for win7
- scarlett 1.9b10 --> crackling and glitching problems
- scarlett 1.9.64.4 / Driver 3.1.206 API3.0 / Firmware 608 ---> everything is fine

Best regards - ReneG
Hey guys, I thought I'd post on this since I managed to solve the issue for myself for my Saffire L56.

I have a SIIG Firewire card with a VIA chipset, and had all kinds of issues when trying to connect my device in Windows 10. Always worked solidly in Windows 7.

I went back and forth a few iterations of SMC to no avail, I'm currently using 3.4 but am going to try 3.6 again soon. All I had to do, was copy the Firewire Driver FROM a Windows-7 box to a Windows 10 box. The driver is oddly enough, in the System32 folder instead of SYSWOW on 64-bit systems.

You unfortunately have to hard copy-paste the driver into the folder then restart the machine, so I suggest keeping a backup of your Win10 driver .sys file somewhere. It's worked *almost* flawlessly for me since. I do get the occasional glitch that causes it to go out of sync, but I can live with that. My current driver details:

Saffire: 3/28/2013 4.1.2.16632
VIA Firewire Card: 6/21/2006 10.0.10240.16384
Hi guys,

First time poster with similar audio crackling issues since installing Windows 10. It's the only issue I have had with any software or hardware since upgrading to W10.

I'm using the following with a Scarlett 6i6 (which I absolutely love):

MixControl 1.6.64.10
Driver 3.2.285 API 3.0
Firmware 608

Could someone please point me in the right direction to find MixControl 1.9.64.4 and driver 3.1.206? I can't seem to find them on the Focusrite download page. Thanks very much for any assistance.

Out of interest, has anyone else noticed their 6i6 occasionally being 'forgotten' by Windows since upgrading to W10? It only takes a quick power cycle to restore it, but it's a pain having to restore my video projects to use the 6i6 again. It didn't happen under W8.

Cheers.

Ian . . .
Hallo Ian,

have a look at this link:
http://beta.focusrite.com/

Best regards - ReneG
Thank you so much :-)
@Simon Focusrite
Thanks for clearing that up!

In the meantime I keep on having crackle problems unfortunately. I have tried a few combinations of the betadrivers and Scarlett mixcontrol verslons all mentioned here, as well as different buffer sizes, complete un- and reinstalls, reboots and whatnot, but am not getting clean audio like before in Windows 7.
Any tips or news about updated bèta's ?

Thanks & best,
Bert
Hi,

does anyone have experience with Saffire LE + Windows 10 64-bit combination? I am about to upgrade in one-two weeks using a clean install (Windows 10 Treshold 2 provides this), but I'd like to avoid any possible compatiblity problem.

Saffire LE has a solid Win7 driver, theoretically it should works.

I asked the same from Focusrite and they sent me the answer below:
"After reading your email I would really recommend not updating to Windows 10 should the Saffire LE be vital part of your workflow as the Saffire Control software has not been tested and is unsupported with Windows 10. While we suspect the device itself may pass audio we do anticipate you may run into a few audio/driver/compatibility related issues with this setup which we would be unable to resolve.

In regards to whether a Windows 10 driver will become available, this is again unfortunately not likely. While we continue to offer support on all our products regardless of their age, we only provide compatibility/driver updates for up to two years after the discontinuation date of a product. Sadly, the discontinuation date of the Saffire LE exceeds this which is why a Windows 10 update are unlikely.

I really do apologise I could not respond with a more positive reply however please do get back in touch should you require any further support or information on this matter and we can take things from there."

So does anyone have a real experience with Saffire LE + Windows 10?

thanks,
B.

Blaise Ita, Synthmorph

PLEASE HELP~!!!! Glitchy, garbled skipping audio just as described above. I don't know where to find any of the legacy drivers or other version than the drivers provided the the USB 2.0 along with the 1.8 Scarlett 18i20 Gen. 1 Control Panel etc. Those DO NOT WORK for Windows 10 Pro - absolute garbage!

Is there a place to find previous version drivers to try out instead?? Seems as tho someone had luck with that before... anything with streaming audio is garbage. This unit was working perfectly in windows 8.1 - just updated to 10 and now its useless.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling all driver & control software, reinstalling, restarting powering off/on etc etc etc

PLEASE HELP!!!