Create an account

or

Thread saffire pro 24 issue

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 saffire pro 24 issue
Hi everyone!

I own a Saffire pro 24 dsp. I've recently bought a new pc (Win7 64 SP1)and i have the following issue (it didn't happen with my previous one):

I use the PC also to watch movies; when i do this, I use the hdmi output of my Nvidia Geforce GT 640 and I use its sound output.
If I turn off the computer (I go to sleep), the next day I turn it on, and also turn on the Saffire, I can't hear any sound, but I see in the interface that audio is going through. The fix I found is to change the buffer, inmediately the audio starts flowing. But this is really anoying.

I have the Saffire mix control 3.7, and the driver of the Nvidia card is also updated.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks

Kivaz
edit: It happens also when I change the audio output from the tv to the saffire.
Hi Kivaz,

Please can you let us know whether the same issue happens if you do not sleep your PC, but shut it down normally?
I ask because we do not currently support sleep modes across Windows/Mac platforms as it can lead to audio issues such as you describe.
If it does not happen if you avoid sleeping your computer, I would advise disabling sleep mode and shutting down your computer fully at the end of each day (or between uses), this is good practice amongst Audio/Visual industries.
Alternatively, as a workaround, instead of changing the buffer size, does toggling the samplerate from what you're using, to something else, and back again in Mix Control also solve the problem when it occurs?

Let me know how you get on.
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support