or
Create an account

or

Thread How 'future-proof' is Scarlett's driver for Mac?

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 How 'future-proof' is Scarlett's driver for Mac?
Hi

I am considering buying a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface which is currently a great value for an 8-input interface; BUT it is a few years old now and that can be a long time for some digital products; I am aware of other products which time out simply because the manufacturer cannot keep up with the pace of Apple OS developments. Has anyone got one that has perhaps already done the research into how future-proof this product is? Oh, and is it any good for live band recording?

thanks and regards
Hi Chalky,

Please note that the Scarlett series is class compliant, it does not use a driver developed by us and instead uses the Apple Core Audio driver.
Because the Scarlett range is a current product, it will be tested and supported by us for any upcoming OSX versions, even if Apple make changes to their core audio driver. Even when a unit is discontinued (which the Scarlett series is not), we endeavour to support and resolve any bugs with a product for 2 years part discontinuation, please see the following support policy:

http://focusrite.com/support-policy

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Simon // Focusrite Technical Support