Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] Soldering equipment for beginners

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 2 followers
1 [Getting started] Soldering equipment for beginners
Soldering equipment for beginners
The use of a soldering iron is indispensable if you need to change the pickups, a jack or any other component of your guitar. While changing a string is no secret for most of us, it's a whole different story when it comes to fiddling with the electronics. That's why we'll address the best practices for correct and reliable soldering in this series of articles, starting with the necessary soldering material.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Will you show an actual full video in part 2? Sped up (if it takes too long to solder)? If all I get out of this article is what equipment I need and 2 sentences on how to use it, I'm going to cry
Quote:
If all I get out of this article is what equipment I need and 2 sentences on how to use it, I'm going to cry

I hope you won't shed any tears over this. ;-) Seriously, I haven't seen part 2 yet (it's still being translated from the French version of Audiofanzine) so I can't tell you what's in it. The article should post on the English site next week sometime. I will send the French editor in chief your comment. A soldering video would be helpful for me too — I recently had to re-solder the ground wire on the jack plate of one of my electrics, and it wasn't pretty. I got the wire to attach eventually, but if it had been a test in a soldering class, I would have flunked.