Korg ElecTribe Ea-1 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- This little unit is quite feature less.Although you get some very basic analog synthesis abilities,the little unit lacks heavily on effects.
price paid: FREE
- If analog synthesis is tough for you try getting your hands on one of these.It truly doesn't get any easier than this.A very hands on approach to analog sounds of your own creation quickly and easily.
- I can't really recall how long this little synth has been out,but I remember it being the rage at the time.It's sound quality is pretty superb even to me today,I often find myself playing on this rather than my microKorg and tweaking the preset sounds to madness.
- Overall Opinion
- This little thing is several years old and was used before I got it in a trade in,but is still in perfect condition and still to this day looks and sounds great.
I really love this synth.It's almost a guilty pleasure to work on something so basic as this rather than a much more complex analog synth.
Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: TheOracle ( 6-, 2005)
User reviews in other languages
- * What connections (audio, MIDI ...)?
Midi In / Out / Thru, a headset jack 6.3 to jack 6.3 mono 1 / Part 1, 1 jack 6.3 of part 2 and an audio input jack 6.3.
* How many sounds, styles available? Are they edited? Through a
Utility Mac / PC?
IF I remember right there with 3 of 64 banks and there are two pattern by its pattern.
They are edited and I think seeing a plug vst made by an amateur for editing sounds.
* Has he an effects section?
Yes, delay, chorus / flanger and distortion that can not be adjusted sometimes be nice (if you're lucky).
- * The general configuration is simple?
It's analog modulation while façade is simple.
* The usual functions are they easily accessible?
Everything is easily accessible.
* The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
I did not have to have a Korg EMX but I have not had any problems.
- * The sounds they are suitable to your style of music?
Perfect for electronic music in general, but do not expect to make a composition with only the sound of EA1, she serves more to complete my set.
* Are they realistic?
No and this is not the purpose of this machine.
* Effects are they effective and appropriate?
Okay, the delay means is, chorus / flanger can be nice, the distortion is not adjustable, so that sounds good with the sound is lucky.
* The expression is good? (Response to velocity, aftertouch)?
Theres nothing like that.
* What are the sounds you prefer, you hate? ...
It is really cool for the sequence and defended well for bass but it remains far from the analog there for decades.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a week to 109 euro bought it was at 119 but I got a discount because of a problem with the headphone jack, opening it out that I was off in this very small amount and it was cracked, all of which I resoldered and is like new.
This machine still imprétioner me on some point, we can go down low and the filter is correct.
There are interesting things like being able to summon both sides to a single MIDI channel allowing (when the control with anything but the internal keyboard) to have a synth with 4 osc, 2 filters, 2 effects and two "envelopes" that control the opening of the filter appears.
Despite its minimalist specifications this little box can do a lot of his interest, even if the potential remains limited, adding an external effect and modulating synth via the audio input on there way to have fun.
I find that the sounds it produces are much more interested than the Korg EMX, even if it incorporates more of an LFO waveforms.
As I said I doubt that we can make cuts interest exclusively with this machine but it goes well with my instruments and find a place in my compositions.
Among other things I think it would be perfect for someone wanting to make the synthesis modeling sense breaking the bank.
The finale is a good machine for the price, but that is far more interesting when you already have some instruments.
- It's so easy with modlisation analog effects and Intgr squenceur not. In short, we edit a sound trs soon as everything is faade, we apply the effects and then raises the squence.
Of course its a squence, 2 total (This is not a home studio all by itself is an instrument by Entire its limitations).
- Edition of the game sounds is simple arch with two osillateurs, of course it is also limited because the target machine is to be intuitive and its objective because it ateint ct a DX7 or TX81Z it's really more complicated view hardu trs. Of course all this dtriment to the richness of sound.
The squenceur also trs simple reminder the first squenceurs noon as my MC500 even really dating him alone and dj performance. As part of the sound, the goal is to move the bulk, ie make the zic!
DIFFERENT navigation menu is clear.
All this makes it a complete music tool o one can express standards of thing.
Not to mention the audio in between, then the we can start making the sound as you synthse him from a good old synth numrique TX81Z type (Fm synthse worth only 50 today) or a roland juno home (now 100) and your old synth and make rsons squence is excellent.
- It's mono output, we must treat the audio as such (apply it to other effects it sounds better as the EQ or compressors, effects guaranteed)
Even in him, it sounds good vraimment trs (trs not breath and usable in a mix), those who say that it is not pro, not the trivia that makes its the hardware is pro. Sorter an old moog, if you do not treat the audio of this one you will never sound workable. This is the process which is pro audio (EQ, limiter, compressor, balance, etc. ..) the instrument is just out of the oven. (Sr Although there are notable exception, the breath too much, too much of EQ applied internally, saving too little, etc. ..)
For its part the sound plutt EA1 out clean.
- Overall Opinion
- Trs good machine, and offers a simple approach to the diffrent zic.
The audio in between, excellent for the addition of waves from other synth.
At this price, it's really good stuff for complter a set!
- NBCergotamine despite what the squenceur possde indeed the Pattern Set function that allows you to assign any reasons, which each of the 16 256 buttons squenceur in four banks for a total of 64 patterns available soon.
We must put this unit in context: it is not a Roland MC. Its design accommodates groovebox trs well squenceur the limit. I would not use squenceur certainly not a main frame of film.
Motion Seq function, which records the movement of button per game, definitely adds a nice depth to the possibilities of this little bote.
- The same simplicity. The possibility of shipping are correct and promote a quick job.
DO NOT THROW YOUR HAND! He is there some trs INTERESTED dtails about the possibilities of the MIDI device. Make use of these opportunities further pushes the limits.
- Of course it has electro sounds, it makes for a. You will never have the grand piano in it, although you can treat with the internal filter and effects thanks from the line.
A good programmer can learn a few chords.
The filter envelope is too basic but it is understandable that rduire to this point in Korg, they have to make concessions.
Like most instruments Korg analog formulation of the late 1990-2000 beginners, the sound is trs midoyant, not really fat, not always clear. It is the instrument that has the most.
- Overall Opinion
- I have Electribe EA-1 and ER-1 since 2002 and I learned a lot ttant machines. These are, after all, good tools, but nothing professional. Anyone can draw imaginative sonorities and innattendues INTERESTED.
The instrument is oriented live at the expense of his weakness for use in the studio.
Yes, the distortion is frighteningly dgueulasse.
The ratio quality-price is right.
I'm glad to have known that instrument, but would do probably do not have a choice.
- Talking right now about what fache the sequencer is only four steps (ok ok the classic series of electribe) but unlike al 'er1 no set pattern.
- Highlight of the series electribe: getting started. These machines are designed to introduce summers little kids age 4 and older children rather than a quarter of a century. The user manual that you will find in the paper is as pure formality.
- Ca lack of REprobleme cruement envelloppes. There is only one filter with envelloppe Amount of decay and adjustable, a single filter: low pass, but the two osc mods are poor (an FM mod it would have been) never push the resonance is imonde ca ended a beeeeeeeeeeeeep and no musical or warm GOOD 235euros I stop here it's almost irrelevant
- Overall Opinion
- In terms of architecture it's been a little 303 (section filter / env) otherwise it does sound rather trancey (nothing to do with a 303)
the distortion is degeulasse
can also be used when troubleshooting MIDI keyboard
- This little two hand korg possde synthtiseur. but little is alloyed with other instrument becomes an indispensable tool and extremely pleasant.
pb no connectivity, an output jack for part of a synth sound in between, mid level, a midi in and out a thru
Regarding the effects, you can work sounds galore.
- A small toy, trs easy to use. I have the red korg er-1 is still eplus easy to use. but these are not really small korg headlock.
Quick and easy instalation trs.
The manual is not a pb, besides it only serves trs little (or not at all) so the machine is easy to use.
- It's there that has a small BMOL korg.
I find the sound too electronic synth too, a little cold sometimes.
But worked well with other instruments and I'm doing well and I get out a sound I want.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 2 years, it was with the korg er-1 in my first purchase machine groove box.
It's a really handy machine live in, I am too happy with.
For now and it's not arriving prs I think, I do not want to sell it in any way. it is perfect, easy to carry around lgre, easy to use.
This kind of korg are gnial at modif in real time, hence the interest to use it live, you can do what you want during your set.
I do not regret my purchase, and if it again I would not hesitate to buy.
- It's a sequencer / sound module rack not groovebox style but smaller and less dense wave generators with 2 independent 2-way mono, fully adjustable on the waveform, the cutoff, resonance, envelope, pitch ect ...
3 banks A, B, C of 64 preset sounds and a modified D bank of 64 sounds for each User-wave generator. A phaser, delay, flanger effect by adjustment of 2 pot. + Distortion
Controllable by noon, she possesses a mono output jack for each generator 6.35 and 3 din noon (in, out, through). No damage polyphony! (Can not make agreements).
Some effects are applied on a sound source by moving the external sound jack 6.35mm.Attention in this case it monopolizes the outputs of generators
Powered by 9v transformer supplied with.
- Manual clear and comprehensive
Quick and easy adjustment but a little too sensitive
The general architecture follows roughly the same standard as different from home roland.Elle groove box is not exotic
- The sounds are synthetic and only correspond to electronic music in general. possibility to edit basslines and electronic sounds daunting originaux.La tone and dynamics are good
- Overall Opinion
- I use the korg since it came out 3 years ago (I think ).
I sounds at the place between groovebox whose sounds are mediocre and the series of JV1010/80 JV2080 devices that are semi-pro pro show
Level sequencer is much less well than groovebox (eg MC505) because it is not polyphonic and has fewer possibilities
She is honest to its price and it remains a good expander neanmois invoice it can be a complement to me in a home studio