Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] The Top Guitar Amp Brands

• 5 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 5 followers
1 [Getting started] The Top Guitar Amp Brands
The Top Guitar Amp Brands
Guitar (and guitar player!) apart, the amp is certainly the most decisive factor in the sound of a guitarist.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!

Hello Gerarsterion,

Randall was in the top 20 but the article is a top 10. Therefore there are a few other good brands that are not in the list.

If I had been asked to participate in the survey, I would have included my Rivera all tube combo amp. It does it all from clean, great overdrive, all the way to long-sustaining heavy distortion. It's heavier than expected, but extremely solid and reliable. A pro amp for all players!
SteveGeetar
Quote from stevegeetar:
If I had been asked to participate in the survey, I would have included my Rivera all tube combo amp. It does it all from clean, great overdrive, all the way to long-sustaining heavy distortion. It's heavier than expected, but extremely solid and reliable. A pro amp for all players!
SteveGeetar

I'm skeptical...i use different amps depending on clean, crunchy, all out brain-melting distortion, effects pedal compatibility, etc. Saying one amp does it all is like saying my boss me-50 replaces a true wah, reverb, tremolo etc
I guess it depends on what your definition of "doing it all" is. If the Rivera handles everything SteveGeetar needs from an amp, then for him it's an accurate statement. We all have different needs from our amps, depending on the musical styles; sounds we use; whether we're gigging, recording or both; and so forth. What amps do you use?