or
Create an account

or

Thread Logitech Z-560 - Good for Monitoring?

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Logitech Z-560 - Good for Monitoring?
I'd like to purchase the Logitech Z-560 Sound System. It packs a whoping 400W for $200, and I was wondering if it would be good in the studio? Could I use them for monitoring? Any reponse would be most appreciated, thanks.
Hi,
The 400watts is not important, everything you'll mix should sound ok in your studio. But if you 'll listen to your music on an other system it probably
will sound dull. The speakers are hi-fi and they are coloured.
If a clear mix is what you're after and you have to cut on the budget ? Go stereo and look for a pair of EDIROL speakers MA-10 or 20.
I use the MA-10 as a smal monitor and the absolute zero's as the bigger monitor. Try not to think in terms off watts, it's not noise you'll want to come out of your speakers, but dynamics and detail. I hope this will help you out.
regards
chris at www.tsunamimusic.be
pax,

I'm considering the Edirol too. I don't care about it's power and all I want is linear. But the deficiency is the lack of bass where such small cone/low power monitor cannot generate.... how do you address this problem? This Edirol thing is the cheapest possible as for studio monitor. Anything above that is $300+ like Behringer Truth.... I definitely wants to save some $$$ but if the Edirol is lacking then I may as well not buy until I can afford more.

Ernest
hi,
there's not a lack of bass, of course comparing them withe 150 or 200 watts power it's obvious that one will experience a bigger sound.
I have the edirol as a small monitor and the absolute zero as the bigger one. They both are nearfield monitors.
Over a large period of time I've worked with NS 10- Genelecs- jbl-Monitor one alesis-Tannoy's-thruth 2031and-a few others more.
So, cheap ones and expensive ones, all in different studio's.
In my experience they all sound different. But one can make a good sounding mix on edirol as on mackie or anything else.
Speakers is one thing the sound of your sound enviremont is another.
Are you certain that you hear the speakers and not the walls in your room?
No matter what gear you have, whitout bass traps in your room you won't get a mix right even on expensive speakers.
The edirol's start from 45hz on 10 or 20 watts.
Of course edirol is not top but very useful, if you can mix on those it's a piece of cake on others.
Do some research on bass traps and try out edirol.
Some people won't agree well they have rights too.
If you need aditionel info don't hesitate.
regards chris pax