or
Create an account

or

Thread Focal Alpha50 vs KRK VXT4

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Focal Alpha50 vs KRK VXT4
Of course Monitors are a very personal choice, and as well depend on the type of music that is being referenced through them.

But I still think opinions count as well.

So, I am ready to pull the plug on either of these. Due to space/price constrictions I need small nearfield monitors. I've narrowed my choice to these two.

The problem- most stores in the LA area don't actually currently carry the VXT4's or even VXT6. I have been to many many Guitar centers and 2 Sam Ash stores, and the story is the same. THey all have the Rokits and Focal Alphas, but no KRK VXTs.

I have listed to the Focals; A/B'd them against many the other speakers, many time over and chosen them over the others. BUT.. I haven't been able to listen to them against the VXT's. I currently have a very old set of passive 4' KRKs, and my amp powering them is about to die. So, I've decided to go the powered monitor route

I've read tghe bass on the focals is probably going to be deeper than the VXT's , and that the VXT line is a big step above the Rokits. I have also read many who dislike Rokits actually like the VXT line a lot, and that the consensus is their sound is much 'tighter' , less muddy and more 'alive' than the VXT's.

I'm just trying to get input/opinions here of some of you who have heard both, or who own either, pros and cons.

Thanks for your time