Ampeg B-100R user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The Ampeg B-100 R is a bass combo amplifier great for use in the studio or on the stage. My extend of using the B-100 R has just been in the studio, as I'm an engineer and don't do live sound at all. I recently did a session where the bass player was using this amplifier and we were recording it in tandem with a direct inject signal as well. The amp, as the name suggests, outputs 100 watts of power and also has a 15" speaker. The amp has a slew of 1/4" connections, including for inputs at zero and -15 db, as well as for headphones and a direct line out.
- Using the Ampeg B-100 R is overall quite simple. It would be a great amp to learn on since it's so simple but also nice for more experienced users just looking for the necessary controls. The parameters at play here include knobs for gain, a four band EQ with bass, low mid, high mid, and treble controls, and a master volume knob. A manual shouldn't be needed since everything is more or less self explanatory.
- The Ampeg B-100 R has a really full overall sound that's perfect for recording. It's not too loud in general but can get up there in volume for live shows if necessary. We kept it at a moderate volume for recording and the sound was great. I like having the four band EQ here and it's nice that it's not convoluted but still has enough parameters to work with. Nothing more to say than this is just a really great sounding bass amp.
- Overall Opinion
- The Ampeg B-100 R is the perfect bass combo amp for the experienced bass player looking for something that sounds great but isn't too big to carry around. I'd probably recommend this to any bass player looking for a great combo amp as it's impossible to go wrong with this. The price is reasonable for what you're getting considering that it's an Ampeg. Highly, highly recommended for any bass player looking for a combo amp.
User reviews in other languages
- Therefore, we have a bass combo transistor announces 100 watts of power.
for the control array was, 2 instrument inputs (0db and the other one-15db), 3 mini switches (ultra low, ultra, ultra high mid), 1 red LED "Peak", a green LED signal knob a gain, a bass volume pot, 1 volume pot low mid, high mid knob 1, 1 treble volume pot, 1 master volume pot, 2 outputs (line out and phones) 1 large ON-OFF switch and a big blue LED that illuminates when amplifier and power!
- this amp is simple to use, normally, if your bass is active, you are the branches in the coming
"-15db" and if it is passive, you are the branches in the entry "0dB".
in practice is another thing I plugged my bass active (with Aguilar OBP-3) in the entry "-15db" and I really thought she was losing too much level, so I plugged in the entry "0db" and then it gets better! ah! ah!
I had no manual when I bought it secondhand, for cons, it can be downloaded from the site ampeg and it is very clear although it is in English.
we get a good sound with this amp, and besides, you can get almost any sound you want, the only restriction; your technique!
- it is well suited to my music (rock in general!).
we can play with almost anything, and the sleigh who proclaim loudly qu'ampeg done to play than rock, they had better shut up and try it!
I do not want to go on, and the sonic possibilities of this amp and can play good reggae to rock through a rough slap her millerien but hey, I'm not even pull the ears of scoundrels who believe that a "sound" by plugging directly into an amp, the sound, dear readers, requires many components; bass itself (whether active or passive), the technique of bassist (who has much to do!) and finally the amp.
and again, he would talk about the wood that make up the instrument, microphones, preamps internal jacks used the techniques of playing bass and also the amp and if it is tube or transistor, which frequencies are treated .... should write a novel on the subject, and there, for me, it is already beginning to be off topic!
I play with my 4-string Custom and my faith, I can address all the styles, I have not put overdrive, but it does not delay!
- Overall Opinion
- I've had two days and I've tried in stores in Lyon and I thought he had tremendous energy and I had tried with a Korean Spector and frankly, it was hallucinatory!
I already owned a B2R head with a Billy Sheehan signature preamp and I must say that it was still not the same sound, I found that the B2 had a more modern sound ...
I tried markbass (I found the sound too neutral), ibanez, mesa-boogie buster bass 400, SWR redhead (great sound!) david eden (too many settings, it is almost hi-fi!) V4BH ampeg head of (super, but you have to play outdoors to really blush lamps and exploit the sonic potential of the machine, and besides, it's like every head lamps ampeg!) the portabass ampeg 250 (super! well considering the small size!) and many others that I forgot !!....
I love the most, the side with the vintage chrome and blue Tolex, easy settings, it can carry around wherever you want fastoche (mine has wheels), power, comfort and switches that add frequencies.
I like the least and is not in lights! it is still a certain weight and size should not be neglected for musicians who play regularly and then it all!
I got to 250 € on occasion! So, when I see it is 680 €, I tell myself it's worth, given the sound quality of the equipment, appearance and structure.
I do not know if I would do this choice, but I do not feel ready to change, I found a bass sound that suits me well and, over time, I became a fan of "plug & play "keep it simple with good equipment, good technique and all is well proven; roll music! ah! ah!
- Made in China (all the camp does not care my poor lady ...).
Power 100 Watts
Between a passive bass 0.DB
Between an active-low for 19.DB
Between a line-out
Between a phone
Rglages: potentiomtre a "gain"
1 "" "" bass "
1 "" "" low mdium "
1 "" "" high mdium "
1 "" "" treble "
1 "" "" master "
- The setup is rather simple, easily found his "sound", despite a notice in English ...
cot look, I love the vintage look is great he breathes, the solid and seems to last it is covered with canvas call "Tolex" the most beautiful effect! are being protected by the angles 8 mtalliques corners, RAS is nickel finish cot until Ampeg logo on the facade of beauty RECALLING that result in the car!.
- This combo is quite suitable to my style of music (rock, pop rock, blues, reagge)
the sound is round, warm, notes repaid shall be precise, clear a real treat!.
I play this amp with a Fender Jazz Bass Highway and it has since I hardly recognize it, exit the prampli Aguilar I used before on my Fender Rumble, the sound produced is so perfect to my ears.
I did that for several days and so far I did not find any default (a may come ...)
- Overall Opinion
- I do possde only a few days and so far I find it so perfect for my old Fender Rumble input 100.
I had the opportunity to test, Fender Rumble 100 (lack of a little soft DEFINITIONS) Carlsbro Scorpion Bass 30watts (not bad), Fender BXR 100 (I almost buy it ...).
cot report quality price 629, a bit expensive but it's worth.
Frankly I do not regret my purchase if I were to regret something it would not have bought before!.
a small default weight, 22 kg fortunately has a good grip trs damn easy transport of the Beast.
- TRANSISTORS simulates rather well the lamps of the legendary B15
equalization "low" complete
an effective integrated compressor limiter
- Very simple, very effective, very very good sound.
But I pout, the bird is not very versatile sound is absolutely typed AMPEG ...., of course, everyone loves (well the people who have taste), but not really modern sounds . (You must forget the slaps nervous .....)
In terms of accomplishments, the chamber is particularly good. Aillieurs On the other bass amps I have plugged it all became much better. (For the record: AMPEG HP manufactures its own!)
- Blues Jazz and classic rock: the perfection
Funk, TRASH, METAL: not really suitable
rich, bold, dominant "big bottom"
The so serious a 5-string made BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM enormous.
Amp playing fingers to get the most.
- Overall Opinion
- Hey, we arrive at the problem: its very good, OK, but not for long !........ Voilà.Je have used it for about two years and then one day he made ... "plitch" When I turned back on between sets. This idiot passed away on stage (as JB Poquelin not JazzBass, Jean Baptiste! short ... Stiff Dead direct !..... Maybe dream of a good death for an artist ... but me, it does not really suited me!. AMPEG The guaranteed five years in the United States! not here! just one year. Well it was for my apple.
Actually the amp itself is very small: a small rack of aluminum bonded to the back of the speaker in fact. Minus the transformer is really serious and does not (when you look at the price).
I am a fan of AMPEG, I was frankly disappointed by this more than doubtful quality of components (just the cable that connects the receiver to the HP so scared it seems clear that they are undersized (in fact son two small red and black, perfect for a small radio right, but not an amp of 100 watts. Should be a little more serious AMPEG Mister!)
There, for the note, I will be harsh .... but fair: Zero!
Yeah, what! I still cry my me 600 euros!
NO WARRANTY so: NO MERCY!