Parker Guitars p-42 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- (Originally written by gratos-64/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Mahogany body, 22-fret maple fingerboard...
Two Parker humbuckers, volume control, tone control with push/pull (humbucker split function).
- The guitar is very well balanced and light (almost 6.6 lb.). Very good playability. The flat and wide neck makes shredding easy!!!
The body/neck junction makes access to the upper frets smooth.
Typical Parker look. If you don't know how these guitars look like, you only need to know that they are very original!
Good playability both sitting and standing.
Very simple pickup configuration. The split option provides a wide sound range...
- Very versatile instrument providing six pickup combinations... From a big Les Paul sound to a typical Fender sound...
The bridge pickup plays its role perfectly. I find the neck pickup sounds too round. It might be the only weak point of this guitar. The guitar has a long sustain and I like that (I like blues rock Ã la Gary Moore!!!)...
I'm thinking about buying a new pickup pair, Seymour Duncan, of course... The same pickups as on the more expensive Parker (JB Jazz in the neck position....).
This guitar is a lot of fun! Both for clean and fat heavy metal distortion sounds! The neck is extremely fast for solos! Enjoy!!!
- Overall Opinion
- Nice look, sober color, simple and effective configuration, good-quality components and manufacturing...
Typical Parker comfort, versatility and quality. The only weak point is the neck pickup with distortion. It's definitely not my taste... But it's an excellent budget guitar from a high-quality brand. If you have already played Parker high-range guitars (fly...) you won't be disappointed because this model does have the Parker spirit.
And considering the price you certainly won't regret your purchase!
It's a universal guitar: the look and sound of this P-42 fits the needs of heavy metal as well as rock and blues musicians.
I can't get enough of this guitar!!!
User reviews in other languages
- See other reviews.
- Excellent handle, nickel bracing, access to acute impeccable, weight evenly distributed, no tuning required, except that I had to screw a chouille bridge pickup was too close to the strings for my taste ...
I agree with those who say that the P42 is not meant to be played sitting down, but was offset by an unusual look that deserves to be left standing: p
- Guitar very versatile.
The humbucker at neck is a bit "vague", but I never use it alone.
Combined with the bridge pickup it's a bit like the sound of a Jazzmaster Mex.
The humbucker is powerful but not too much. Unlike other reviews I find it too soft for the metal but do not care, I will not play: p For heavy rock sounds quite like Muse and Rage it goes perfectly.
I plan to change the neck pickup with a Seymour Duncan SP90 and the bridge pickup with a Kent Armstrong Motherbucker because it is the sound I want, but not to question the quality of microphones Parker are very good.
I put a review later after modifications.
After modification: so I installed a Seymour Duncan SHPR-1 P-Rails to the handle and a Kent Armstrong Motherbucker the easel is a real killer! on the other hand had to change the 3-position switch and a selector to 6 positions to enjoy a max potential of these two microphones (one could find twenty combinations ...). Very happy with the job of my luthier, many more fishing and combination of two microphones provides exciting opportunities!
- Overall Opinion
- I've had ten months I believe, I have not tried it before buying ... I got it on eBay for cheap, so I took it and told me that I sell it at the same price if it does not suit me ... and I'm thrilled!
- Everything has been said
- _Manche Fine and pleasant, it is played alone.
_Bon Access to acute, not nirvana either, but it's still very easy
_Très Light, we quickly forget the presence of the guitar in a standing position, she knows how to forget and leave you to the best of your game in a sitting position, the "horn" above may be chest pain after a time, but nothing serious
- _Guitare Extremely versatile. It spits out very well with a large distortion, while maintaining a very respectable definition and brings out the harmonics. The clean sound is a marvel, clean float. The coil tap allows you many combinations.
_I Used with a Vox VT30 and a Fender Frontman 15G. Side effects, a CryBaby Classic Fasel (blocked to put race, the fact that this serious Parker!), A Boss DD-7, and a Zoom pedal G2.1u. It is very versatile and responds very well to each type of effect.
- Overall Opinion
- With its unusual look, it does not go unnoticed. The quality and originality of Parker at this price, it's really exceptional! The playability is excellent, the various sounds and very good quality, and above all it is a guitar that makes you want to excel and give the best of itself. It inspires me a lot, I would do this choice again in a second.
To try it or you hate it or you will fall in love!
- Mahogany body, maple fingerboard, 22 frets ...
Parker 2 humbucker, 1 vol. 1 tone with push-pull (to change the pickups in single coil).
Tune O Matic bridge type ...
- The guitar is very balanced and lightweight (just over 3 kg!). The handling is very simple, the handle is rather flat and wide, thus facilitating the games Shred!
The access to the latest box is simplified by the body-neck junction.
The look is really typed Parker, for those who do not know, well, Parker guitars, this is not the guitar man in the world, so when you want to stand out a bit, and it is well not bad!
Operation is as easy sitting and standing.
Configuration is very simple microphone and the ability to split the micro range provides excellent sound ...
- As I said before, this a very versatile instrument, it has 6 positions ... Large sounds so "Les Paul", sounds more distinctive Fender ...
The microphone, easel, filled his role perfectly, however the neck pickup is a little too round for my taste, hard to explain, but it really deserves better. For me the only "B flat" of this guitar. However it has a lot of sustain, which is not displease me (blues rock so it's nice Gary Moore !!!)...
Personally I think seriously invest in a new pair of micro, certainly Seymour ... Same type as the more expensive models of the mark (JB & Jazz in the neck position ...).
Apart from that, it is still really pleased with this scratch! Whether in the light or in heavy metal distortion! For the solo, it's the highway! Do you plaizzze!
- Overall Opinion
- Look nice, sober colors, simple setup and effective, good quality materials chosen and the violin ...
Comfort, versatility and quality are at the Parker appointment. The only downside for me is the neck pickup with distortion, which is not really to my taste ... But a range of excellent entered, in a brand that is not worn all budgets. So all the people who have already played one day on a high-end Parker (fly..) Will not be disappointed to find I think a guitar of this quality, which is really in the spirit of Parker.
And considering the price of this guitar, it can not regret much!
It's really, I think, a guitar goes everywhere I mean by that the guy who plays the metal, the P-42 can. As for those who are more rock and blues, can not be disappointed either, as in sound, as the look.
For me it is an instrument consumed without moderation!
- Made in Kora
22 frets, 2 pickups Parker (alnico)
Rglages 2: Tonal and Volume, three position selector
Mahogany body one pice
Trs is surprising, but for a MODEL CHARACTERISTICS Coren there are quite surprising. The big plus of course a mahogany body with a pice dcoupe trs trs ergonomic instrument makes enjoyable. Bne is the key to good quality of TRS.
Given the purchase price must be reconnatre ds is feeling the departure.
- The handle is trs enjoyable! Fairly late, which for people like me who are accustomed patterns of type Ibanez is a big plus. The quality of wood is correct so far without being exceptional.
Access in acute demand an adjustment period. Indeed on this guitar it is a Bolt and the upper body is disturbing lgrement Access in dernires frets (like the Godin LGX for those who know. ..). However the dcoupe and profiling of the neck makes playing very easy.
Trs good ergonomics in the body. The guitar is fine and does not rev overweight.
The belt attachment ct round surprise to beginners but it is a question of used to it.
The rglages are simple and effective.
- Parker microphones installed on this guitar is certainly not the best in the market. They are correct for the trs clear sound (even surprising, given the purchase price of the guitar ...).
With distortion I noticed that the neck pickup lacks precision.
Gnrale of Manir, we can say that this guitar has a sound multi trs. For those like me looking for a more powerful sound, changing microphones is considered ...
I use this guitar with a Bogner Uberschall. As you can imagine I have no problem to get a metal sound with this guitar but the amp has a lot to. As I said before this type of music, a replacement of the microphones seems indispensable (I installed the Dimarzio prvu). However given the purchase price I do not cry foul all the more for this price the pickups are in gnral infrieurs in quality ...
- Overall Opinion
- I use this guitar for two weeks and I'm delighted (especially for its jouabilit ...).
I love the exceptional sustain of the instrument!
The weak point for me but I prcise mics that I am demanding trs in sound.
I tried many guitars in this price range and I prcise that I think the price quality ratio is exceptional. The Aesthetics has also excelled my opinion.
MODEL I Rasht the same again and would highly recommend it even for a MODEL Coren there is a quality manufacturing and a choice of hardware that I agree at the high point.