1/94
Line 6 AMPLIFi 150

Thread Comments about the review: The Blue-Toothed Combo

• 6 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Comments about the review: The Blue-Toothed Combo
The Blue-Toothed Combo
Line 6 enters the Bluetooth era with the new AMPLIFI series, which combines multimedia speakers and a modeling combo in a single box.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Hi, I am interested in buying this amp, but the main thing that is putting me off is the iOS app. From what I've seen, it seems like there is a limited amount of amp presets on the amp itself, and you access all the rest of the modeling from the app. Since I have an Android phone, I won't have access to this app. Does this really limit the options that I would have in using this amp? Does this make this amp, in effect, a terrible waste for someone without an iDevice? Thanks.
Considering that the iOS app is integral to both controlling the amp and its preset section, it does seem like you'll only be able to utilize a fraction of the amp's abilities without the app. That said, if it's technically possible (there are some differences in how iOS and Android handle audio), I'm pretty confident that Line 6 will eventually put out an Android app for AMPLIFi, so they can tap into that market. If I were you, I'd hold off, but keep an eye out for developments from Line6 on the Android front.
Brilliant, comprehensive and humorous review!

The solo sounds you squeezed out of the unit are quite impressive (as are your "widdly-widdlies" :-))

I am excited at the prospect of having a practice amp / intimate gig amp / PA / Bluetooth speaker / multi-FX unit all in one package, which is what has led me, unprotesting and gladly handcuffed, into the "walled jardin au pommes" of multiple iDevices (iPhone, iPad and AppleTV).

Here's the kicker, the 64,000 Euro question (ominous drumroll.....):
You compare the sound quality to "a pumped-up version of Jawbone's JamBox"...

Tell me, how well would it stand up to a Bose SoundDock 10 or the Dr Dre Beatbox in terms of loudness, midrange-crispness and subwoofer heavenliness, mon potte bien aimee?
Thanks for your 64,000 Euro question.;) I have forwarded it to the writer of the story, who is much more familiar with the amp, and thus better equipped to respond. Either he'll respond directly, or I'll pass his answer on to you here.

[ Post last edited on 02/15/2014 at 07:21:02 ]

Quote from kevin.rosen.3576:
Hi, I am interested in buying this amp, but the main thing that is putting me off is the iOS app. From what I've seen, it seems like there is a limited amount of amp presets on the amp itself, and you access all the rest of the modeling from the app. Since I have an Android phone, I won't have access to this app. Does this really limit the options that I would have in using this amp? Does this make this amp, in effect, a terrible waste for someone without an iDevice? Thanks.

Blasted iDevices pigeonhole us again! Line 6 would be out of their minds not to top into the android market, but in the meantime, even a basic, used iPhone touch should be cheap enough (less than $50) and still give you access to those additional features should you choose to.

There's ALWAYS a workaround! Don't let the Man hide it from you!! :bravo:
Hello everybody! ))

Quote:
Tell me, how well would it stand up to a Bose SoundDock 10 or the Dr Dre Beatbox in terms of loudness, midrange-crispness and subwoofer heavenliness, mon potte bien aimee?

Actually, I don't know, I never heard or tried them so I can't compare. Anyway, in french forums, many users asked why, as it is also a bluetooth speaker, i didn't write a HI FI review. To be honest, I'm not an audiophile, only a poor guitar player. Guitars, amps and effects are the only thing I can write about. I had to make a choice and i thought the main usage of the Amplifi would be as an amp.
My advice: go to a music store with your bluetooth phone and try it directly, it's very easy to set up.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more (and sorry for my english too...).