Create an account

or

Thread Can't hear any playback in Ableton Live 9 Suite

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Can't hear any playback in Ableton Live 9 Suite
Hi, I seriously need help with this. I am using an external console:
The VS-100 Cakewalk with Ableton Live 9 Suite. I can hear myself when I talk through my mic that I have going through the console just fine, but I cannot hear any playback. If I record something in Ableton, there isn't any noise. In fact, there is no noise of any kind coming from the computer at all. If I try to click on one of Ableton's preset beats I can't listen to it. I seriously don't know what the problem is, I have the VS100 set as the playback device on my computer, yet I can't hear anything coming from the computer. Please help me!
can you post the features/in-outs of your interface/mixer and also the in/outs on ableton? will try and help.

I use ableton live and am interested in collabing for experience / ideas / fun etc. 4/4 electronic music of all types, Message me

Quote from mmholtman:
Hi, I seriously need help with this. I am using an external console:
The VS-100 Cakewalk with Ableton Live 9 Suite. I can hear myself when I talk through my mic that I have going through the console just fine, but I cannot hear any playback. If I record something in Ableton, there isn't any noise. In fact, there is no noise of any kind coming from the computer at all. If I try to click on one of Ableton's preset beats I can't listen to it. I seriously don't know what the problem is, I have the VS100 set as the playback device on my computer, yet I can't hear anything coming from the computer. Please help me!

Does your interface come with it's own software? Is the interface selected as your main audio input and/or output on your DAW? Have you successfully gotten the interface to work/properly record on any other computer?

Your interface seems to be working just fine, since you can hear yourself. It just seems to be an issue with getting your interface recognized by Ableton. Make sure it's set up in your Ableton preferences. Also, if your interface has any mix control/blend (i.e. a blend between your direct signal and the signal from your DAW). If the interface does have such a control, try maxing out on the opposite setting and see if you hear anything.

Sorry if these are obvious bits of advice that you've already tried. Give us some more info or pics/screenshots and maybe we can help you out more easily