Martin & Co Steel String Backpacker Guitar user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- Made in Mexico
Braced, solid tonewood top
Solid mahogany neck, back, and sides
Nice chrome-enclosed tuners
Weighs less than 2-1/2 lbs.
Great for traveling or camping!
- This guitar is easy enough to play. The neck and the string tension feel like other high-end Martin guitars. The Backpacker is very easy to take traveling, camping, or on other activities due to its small size. However, that small size is a bit awkward to hold, as it doesn't rest on the leg very well. The side that would rest on your lap is a smooth edge with no contours, so it wants to slide right off. It would benefit well from a design similar to the Steinberger leg rest.
Also, the top strap button is in an awkward location, so when holding the guitar with a strap attached, the Backpacker tilts forward slightly, and the neck will dive due to the high-quality tuning machines being a bit heavier. Ergonomics are not this guitar's strong suit, but it plays well enough to bring the rating in this category overall to a 7.
- The Backpacker sounds like a guitar. A very small, bright guitar, with not a lot of volume, but it sounds like a guitar, and not a toy or a ukulele, like some other small travel-sized guitars. It is certainly not lacking in note definition, but it doesn't project well, and the sustain is hampered by the small size and odd shape.
- Overall Opinion
- This is a good guitar for campers and travelers. And, as odd as this is to admit in a guitar review, the Backpacker smells wonderful! However, I feel like the Baby Taylor guitar is a better choice overall, as its shape gives it more projection, higher quality tone, and much better ergonomics. For the traveling guitarist on a budget, the Backpacker is the right move, but if I had more cash, I'd go with the Baby Taylor. The Backpacker's shape is unique and instantly identifiable, but it may be the downfall of this guitar due to practicality reasons!
- The Martin & Co Steel String Backpacker Guitar was made in the USA and is a pretty unique guitar. It is extremely slender and small and is designed for players who want to bring a guitar on the go without the hassles of lugging around a heavy guitar. This guitar isn't acoustic/electronic, so it has no pick up or setting controls.
- The neck of the Martin & Co Steel String Backpacker Guitar is pretty fluid. Like just about all Martin guitars, it is easy to play and light on the fingers. This guitar is extremely light and has a unique body shape to allow it to fit in small places and bring around easily. Getting a nice sound is pretty easy, but this definitely doesn't have the full bodied sound that a normal Martin guitar will have.
- The sound quality of the Martin & Co Steel String Backpacker Guitar is pretty good, but is not suitable for recording really. It is designed more for practicing and playing on the go rather than live shows or recording. This being said, this guitar sounds pretty cool for such a small and unique shaped guitar. I use when I can't bring my dreadnought Martin around, but it will never be able to replace my dreadnought Martin in terms of tone.
- Overall Opinion
- I've been using the Martin & Co Steel String Backpacker Guitar for about five years and have found it to be great for what it is aimed at being used for. I would never record or play a show with this guitar, but when I go on vacation, this guitar comes in extremely handy. The price of this guitar is very cheap, so you don't have to worry too much about it getting some nicks on the go. Overall, a great guitar for traveling with and I recommend it to anyone who want to bring a guitar on the go. Where you sacrifice some tone quality, it is made up for in terms of convenience.
User reviews in other languages
- I possde a backpacker acoustic steel string, first generation, purchase.
No default manufacturing or finishing.
- At first, I t Drout by the profile of the neck / body because more rounded than I had experienced before. That said it is done quickly.
The action is not the lowest but is average.
We take pleasure to play this fast trs "thing" - in rhythm, in arpge - by walking, looking at the TL ... It is easy to lug around anywhere and you can DGain Scratch the instrument and to care.
- I used to hand me the guitar during MIDI breaks at work. It allowed me to find my small way faster.
To play tonight ... is better to have quiet friends.
I'd be curious to see what gives a version of electro! In fact I would have loved to have him as Premire (electro-) acoustic to high school years.
- Overall Opinion
- I do have trouble even qualifying the Backpacker guitar ... over a handle ... In any case, it is an instrument, no doubt the above plutt and manufactured goods.
I used it for a year or two. Dsormais serving more than COD but I also purchased for the design (beautiful lines).
The kids can take safely, as the greatest. It is an object fun and friendly trs. In addition, I can crner by saying that "I also possde a Martin."
- This small bronze guitar strings version is a true wonder.
made in Mexico
- I use it as quitar travel or sofa (in front of a tv watching a good movie and play along to the delight of my wife)
That was my first acoustic guitar for a few months ...
A bit tricky to take over .. almost as a Flying V and a short time, everything is in order.
The handle is nice and the choice of freight has much to do (these are not small ... but jumbos dsl) which leads to more accuracy and fluidity.
- She has a funny sound that seems closer to the banjo ... a real rope shovel. In an open bottle neck and this little trick the ear drum heater ... and the soul also)).
I prefer the steel tube to the glass on this guitar, I feel like it gives it a little extra shine.
- Overall Opinion
- The tool is not very versatile but what he inspires!! I m'essaye blues and despite the poverty of my arrangements sound carries.
I gave it a very good rating and if my daughter's case ... I will seek another, even without too much hesitation.
- Manufactured or I do not know I read more haut.c Mexico is an acoustic trip with an atypical round and round but you get large enough that it's like everything.
Count take notes because we are dealing with an acoustic guitar TRAVEL should not be mistaken as I read above.
- The handle has nothing to do with the sleeves martin is wide and flat it does not look like a steel guitar there would be similar to a classic. it has easy access to acute gene there is no one goes to the last fret. the shape is weird and shaky balance, it looks next round. you can not put it on there knees can play with the strap. we must adapt his game to get her "properly".
- It is not bad to finger picking or mediator, for the careful rhythmic sound is aggressive play so soft, it comes out anyway, given the size it was first surprised by the power (relatively speaking it does not sound like a large) but it surprises you wonder where that leaves Bravo Martin luthiers.
means many low mediums its there but it is the predominant acute enough.
I put seven sound considering it's a travel guitar for this type of instrument is very acceptable.
- Overall Opinion
- I have for over a year now and has rounded the sound, it sounds louder in the early months and aggressive.
few things to complain about it HOLDS mechanical issue not long tuning especially when you move the capo between songs. second thing I had some problems of accuracy on mine, I had to take him to the luthier for me to readjust the bridge saddle and even then it comes good but never really quite right. I paid 370 euros (a bit expensive you might say) but the thing is that I made a big fancy like her little mouth too and above all the face people make when I go out and especially when they hear ringing this small piece of wood. I love this little instrument and I would do it nonetheless, choose my little disappointments.
- EU origin. Classical Backpacker model that I mounted with cover NYLONS.Livré strings.
Contruction sturdy round handle but easy and closer than usual to handle classique.Barettes plates.Les strings are set close to the handle.
- Handle what is pleasant to acute étonnant.Accés easy because of the shape of the hand caisse.En we can play with the strap, it's a matter of habit but you get fait.C is a travel guitar originally created for a climber.
This instrument is geared towards the support but I can make flamenco tremolos, arpeggios and so on.
- The sound is surprising. This guitar is not designed to sound "normal" so do not cry! With nylon strings on his guitar is close to the small Latin American countries, one can find an interest. Obviously the power of his guitar is less than "normal".
- Overall Opinion
- I used it for over a year, very practical plane. It is true that it does not take place.Le value is poor, you pay the signing Martin ... I sold because I replaced with a 3 / 4 which suits me better .
- United States to buy (LA California), there are three.
manufactures in Mexico!
- Well I read your opinion, each other .............. Indeed if we compare this instrument with a guitar normal (steel strings) I think that no photo. Since ending for three I have, essentially, to win in my dplacements, I'm thrilled! Well yes, some no offense, I am absolutely delighted. First, take time to tame it, to know the holding, and this is true to say at the beginning ... because if we do it like a normal guitar (or classical) is DRDR, but soon you get used to.
I am also impressed by the sound of this skyscraper: one wonders at beginners, if one is able to leave her ... well yes, she defends a lot. In the studio, I use it more and more and slide .... She is really gniale! Please try it in a slide with a small glass tube or steel tip of your finger with a small amp derrire, you will give me some news.
- I russi out real sounds well balanced and especially game slide with a good amp (Vox) and a steel tube to the finger .... a wonder. Blues, Blue Grass, Country style still!
- Overall Opinion
- It's a fun scratching, practical and above all fantastic skiing (Slide). I made the blues solos above, where does it cost when coming out, we could not believe his eyes (it does to say).
I set September 1 as it's worth it!
- Martin travel guitar
travel guitar that we all ammne
- It is a compact travel guitar: it has the advantages (easier to have a guitar around carry) of inconvnients (his average ergonomics average round ok)
The most beautiful girl in the world than it has a.
We can criticize course!! But when you are across the world and vote in the empty hand itches the martin is Top as you keep in touch with one instrument.
Sitting comfortably in his studio in RPET it may seem bland and terrible.
The trick is knowing what you are looking !!!!!!!
- We can all play (Agreement and picking)
it's a guitar to practice and not a tool concert !!!!!
- Overall Opinion
- I was to buy $ 200 USD for while I was sweating has nothing 5 years ago
Since then she follows me everywhere, and robust I lgre n'embete person on the plane is my travel companion Fidler.
I work every night the hotel at least 1 hour in the quiet sound is not as ugly as that.
We can even place a microphone with a small amp.
For my part I let nature.
When I get home I find my instruments have always had the finger exercises ...
It is the purpose of this guitar
- A "guitar" to stretch the fingers
No effect, no microphones, just a stick with strings on it. No adjustment handle (string "extralight" mandatory, otherwise hopelessly twisted wood (hopeless because there is no adjustment. You follow, or not?)
Mahogany neck, and the "sides" and "back". "Table" spruce. Closed mechanical (oil bath?)
- Handle very short and very thick, completely different from a regular round Martin. It is very unpleasant, it feels like a log.
Access to acute easy, normal, there is almost no cash.
The interface is horrible, but the strap, it has no idea how to keep this machine. Placed on the thigh, it is much too low to play. In addition, the slightest movement of the left hand moves the position of the guitar because the body has no inertia, views its small size. All the weight is in the handle, the imbalance hello!
You do not get easily "good sound" because it does not get a good sound at all! (See more ...)
- The sound is a "banjo hungry." Not too surprising, given that there is not a sounding board on a tiny table.
I had hoped for a miracle, like "a narrow but balanced." Nope, it's atrocious. it's plonck plonck, we play in picking or agreements.
I put as a means for something. ;-)
- Overall Opinion
- I am looking for a small guitar take with me when I travel by plane for the holidays.
When I saw that Martin had a backpacker in its catalog, I thought he was trying to get an opinion, and that perhaps it would be a good idea of genius: a scraper for the holidays, that one can safely take into the cabin in airplanes.
Yuck yuck yuck yuck! How disappointed I am! I had hoped it would be so constructed to have a small but good sound anyway. After all, Martin is not the last factor of guitars, they may be a silver bullet.
Nothing to do, the laws of the violin are impitooyaaaableuuuu.
For a guitar, it is wood, you need a table, you need a crate. If we remove part of all this, we remove almost everything that makes the sound of a guitar. Unstoppable. But how naive I am.
I tried in the store, I have not bought.
A book so for those who want to train by agreeing without a headphone, and not looking on sound quality.
In addition, have to adapt to the special comfort of the machine is not won. But if there is that it does not reject, they will take. This program is very special reason my bill.
Here, suddenly, I even asked the price. Missing is it is expensive ....