UVI Darklight IIx
UVI is pleased to release Darklight IIx - inspired bya Computer Music Instrument of the 80s.
Costing upwards of $100 000, i was used by artists including: Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Herbie Hancock, Jean Michel Jarre, Thomas Dolby and more.
UVI created a complete set of instruments, sounds and sonic tools inspired by this original digital device. Darklight IIx offers several 'Pages', each an instrument on its own :
Page P - Digital Sound
- Access to hundreds of sounds and instruments including: Bass, Brass, Bells, Strings, Guitar, Orchestral Hits, Synth, Drums, Percussion, FX, Keys, Piano, Organs, Winds, Reeds and Voices
- Control set designed to allow for "everything from quick tweaks to deep sonic exploration"
- Reproduction of aliasing characteristics
- 250 ready-to-play presets
- Effects, including the new UVI SparkVerb
Page B - Digital Drum Machine
- 80's-style beatbox with step sequencer
- Vintage drums and percussion sounds
Page U - Multi-Phraser
- UVI multi-phraser; 3 parts with 3 sounds and 3 smart step sequencers
- Create 3-track arrangements or moving drones.
With the free UVI Workstation 2.0.6, Darklight IIx can work:
- as a stand-alone instrument, compatible with Mac & PC
- as a VST, AudioUnit, RTAS and MAS plug-in. iLok required.