Waves Renaissance Maxx Bundle user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- Getting Started
- The Waves Ltd. Renaissance Maxx Bundle is one that consists of ten different plug-ins, most of them with the 'Renaissance' tag in front of them. This is definitely one of the most popular Waves bundles as far as I can tell, as virtually every studio will have these plug-ins on their system. Part of the reason for this is because the bundle is also included in many different larger bundles from Waves. For this reason, I've got the Renaissance Maxx bundle running on my home system and have also used them on a number of different professional studio systems, including the studio where I'm currently working. As far as installing it on my home system goes, the process was easy and pain free as I did so along with the full bundle of Waves plug-ins that I've got. Most of the plug-ins have a specific application, as you can tell by the names of them. Those included in this bundle are Renaissance Bass, Renaissance Axx, Renaissance Compressor, Renaissance Equalizer, Renaissance Channel, Renaissance DeEsser, Renaissance Reverb, Renaissance Vox, IR-L Convolution Reverb, and Waves Tune LT. For the most part, the plug-ins are really simple to use, so I haven't had a look at a manual...
- I've currently got the Waves Ltd. Renaissance Maxx Bundle running on my system at home, which consists of Pro Tools 9 and a Mac Book Pro computer. The computer has 4 GB of RAM and a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, while I'm running Pro Tools with a Digi 002R audio interface. The plug-ins in the bundle won't take up too much of your processing power, or at least I can say that I've yet to have any issues running them on my system or any of the Pro Tools HD systems I've used them on...
- Overall Opinion
- If you're looking into getting a Waves plug-in bundle, the Renaissance Maxx Bundle is a great one to start off with. You've got plug-ins in here for virtually all applications, so it's perfect for DAW users who are just looking to start up their plug-in collection or to expand theirs. I use many of these plug-ins regularly for mixing, especially the Renaissance Bass plug-in which I use on virtually every bass track. I also like using the Renaissance Channel plug-in a lot as it's a great place to get all of your essential processing done in one place. Overall, the Waves Ltd. Renaissance Maxx bundle is one I'd highly recommend for DAW users on all levels!
- Getting Started
- This installed without any problems for me. Waves is pretty good about having easy clear installation and setup. I didn't have any compatibility issues. The configuration is all automatic to your system. The manuals are fairly in-depth and set up in an entertaining way, I have never seen a manual with such a sense of humor. Apart from that, they are clear and easy to understand.
- I have a Dell computer with an Intel processor, 2GB of ram, and windows XP with Cubase. It works great in this format. Waves has VST versions of their plug-ins, so us PC users can enjoy them as well. Waves plugs are rather CPU intensive, so you should have a fast computer if you want to use these a lot. On my computer with a dual core intel, I can multiple instances of these without too much trouble. They have bugs now and then, but overall I would say this software is pretty stable.
- Overall Opinion
- I have been using this for over a year now. A lot of studios I had recorded in used waves for a lot of functions, and when I started making a home studio I thought this would be a good investment for a starting toolbox. It definitely was - these are really high end plugs. The compressor is really versatile and easy to set up, while sounding fantastic. The automatic release control it has is great. Another of my favorite plugs is the RBass one. I put this on almost all of the kick drums and sometimes bass guitar. It really helps to make them sound huge, the difference is almost funny. The EQ you get is very smooth and easy to get up and running quickly with its target dragging interface. The RVerb sounds great nad is very versatile, you can get anything from plates to springs to giant churches, all with editable parameters.I have used a lot of different plugins, and these are some of the best I've encountered. They also give you stereo and mono versions of each one to cut down on CPU usage, which is a nice touch. Waves is expensive, but if you pay for the best you get the best. To me, it's totally worth it. I would definitely get it again.
User reviews in other languages
- Getting Started
- I do not availing oneself but have already test several times (all studios with waves of abundance in their bookcase plug in).
In terms of installation requires a iLok and everything that follows (authorization, update the website of waves, ect ..).
This is a pack of 10 plug-ins including (most useful at the dnus OF INTEREST):
R comp compressor "analog"
R eq equalizer the "analog"
R bass bass enhancer
IR 1 Convolution rverb
R vox an R comp "for Dummies" is to say with prrglages spcialiss votes
R axx the same thing but this time for guitars
R channel adding a comp r and r eq for resources SAVE
R Verb reverb
Tune LT a light version of Tune is to say a espce autotune
- PC 2.0 Ghz 3 GB RAM
So what are plug ins pluttlgers is very practical to put everywhere, particulirement R eq and R comp which will become the equalizers and compressors based on the machine. Very stable.
So a big plus for them.
In terms of sonority R comp is excellent on many voices and solo instruments, his presence a little amne PCHE sound. The DIFFERENT Paramtres allow the sound to work well.
You can say the same thing for R eq although it is not the most specific on, it tends "empter" sound. Other equalizers RESULT produce a more specific on ar ...
Vox R R R comp axx are pre-rglages with which we are unable to access, nothing sensational, it's very gadget. Understand the waves that hopes to convince you that you sell 2 plugin supplmentaire.
Same for R channel,
R dees is a nice Desser, the Paramtres intressant for rglage though in the end we find quickly what you want without really touching, a little superflux but it does not say .
A bass, a bass enhancer, a very good plug in, we choose the frequencies and the intensity and go! Useful to give more depth. It's opened a lot of use, useful sound effects too.
IR 1 is rverb convolution, so made from Impulse Response of existing sites is pluttrussi and GPs, useful in post production though personally prfrant Altiverb (but this is not the same price)
A Verb is a rverb avoid any price.
Tune LT: I never use it, I barely noticed his presence, there is a light version of the.
- Overall Opinion
- For how long have you been using it?
About 2 years
What is the specific feature you like best, the least?
+: Eq and comp basic + good quality versatile rverb convolution
-: About 10 plug, 4 are kept, the rest bof
Have you tried many other models before acqurir?
other waves (API and SSL, it is not of the same issues)
nomad factory blue tubes, these do not outweigh the Eq / Comp, soft and certainly not many possibilities to push rglages (choice of frequencies and Q of EQ, it s ok 'accumulation but beasts and mchant).
The delay, however, are cool.
Focusrite ffd2/ffd3: compressor and equalizer much more specific on in terms of sound, was breathing. They also color the sound much, may be less happening everywhere. High medium rather monstrous.
PSP ones I test very quickly convinced me of one thing: the lack of quality Obviously, they are very bad, EQs and Comps basic digidesign surpass them widely (such latter are both good and neutral What does not grow too far). The comp PSP Vintage Warmer 2 act which is very dirty cache Plutt Office Misra.
The Sony Oxford very specific on more expensive, very few can be discreet all I prefer.
How do you report qualitprix?
400 / 4 right plug in the plug-in is 100.
It is said that waves is expensive but this is the case when looking at wholesale pack (diamond, mercury ,...). These teeming superflux. Especially since many studios do not primarily serve as R eq and R comp in terms of equalizer and compressor (add L2/L3 with them that are more onreux).
Note that R comp and R eq are laid back in another pack smaller for even cheaper, and worth it for quality effects.
UAD, TC (on rverbs / delay).
Altiverb equivalent further IR1.
Feeds, Sonalksis, Urs are it seems.
Sony Oxford, a bit expensive but the quality is at the appointment.
Good bundle, same price as the bundle SSL or API for those who prefer the formulation but do not bite off more than you can chew or you'll sockets!