or
Create an account

or

Thread Help for open Pro Tools LE sessions in PT 12

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Help for open Pro Tools LE sessions in PT 12
Hi, I have a lot of sessions and audio files made in Protools LE 7.4. Now I have PT 12 and I’ve tried to open the old files or sessions, but I couldn’t. Is there any way to get it done? I’ll appreciate your help. Thanks.

Mac Mini 2.6 GHz
OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
Pro Tools 12.2.1
I don't know offhand, but will check with Avid and get back to you.

[ Post last edited on 05/02/2016 at 14:46:24 ]

I heard back from my tech contact at Avid, and he said that LE 7.4 files are compatible with PT 12, and should open. He said he's done it many times. He said the problem you're having could be related to plug-ins. "There could be incompatibilities with plug-ins since some RTAS and TDM plug-ins did not make the transition to AAX64 which is used in Pro Tools 12."
You might try opening one of the LE sessions in 12.2 with the plug-ins disabled to see if that's where the problem lies. You can do that by holding down the shift key when you use the open command [command + O] or when double-clicking on the file to open it. If the session opens, then you know the issue is in the plug-ins. If so, you could use Save a Copy In to save it as a 12.2 session, and redo the plug-ins using what you have in your current system.
If that's not the problem, provide some more details and I'll contact Avid again. Good luck!
Thanks so much Mike. I'll try that and let you know.