or
Create an account

or

Thread Zoom R16 or Boss-BR900 or...

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Zoom R16 or Boss-BR900 or...
I have experience with the Boss unit. I'd like 16 tracks, don't need moire than that for my outboard recording gig. Does not have to be particularly mobile, want it to sound good, low noise, easy to use.

Recommendations? Cheap stuff I'm missing out on, or that came out last year and got better?
Hey man,

I wouldn't be the best guy to ask, but I would reach out to some of the user reviews other Audiofanzine members have posted on both the r16 and the br900. Find some of the reviews that go into a lot of depth, and if you had additional questions, just PM the reviewer. That's what I did when I bought myself a Tubemeister 36 from another Audiofanzine member. I think it's always best to not only read reviews, but actually ask questions to the people who wrote the reviews. Hopefully that'll help you narrow your decision.

You can even read our editorial team's review of the R16 and ask any additional questions directly to them if you want.

Good luck

[ Post last edited on 07/15/2015 at 08:34:18 ]

Aw you know shucks I would not want to impose. If there's no "floating digit" type problems with the R16 since last update, that's good to hear. TY.:o:
Quote from cifrah:
Aw you know shucks I would not want to impose. If there's no "floating digit" type problems with the R16 since last update, that's good to hear. TY.:o:

Dude, that's not imposing, that's the POINT of Audiofanzine! Honest reviews about music gear and direct access to the guys that write them. Most sites are in the best interests of manufacturers and developers and always write positive things when the fact is, all gear has pros and cons.

Our writers and mods don't always have the right answers, but when they do, they'll be glad to help you out
Most of those recording equipment does not support more then 8 tracks at ones while recording. Even the R24 can't do that.

You can playback 16 tracks at once or 24 when using the Zoom r24

For record sessions on location i use the ICE16. It records directly on flashdrives via USB. It even supports some of the better named USB harddrives. And acts as an audio interface at home.
This handy piece of gear is usefull if you can't bring your own gear due the small amount of space at the location.

Note: you still in need of a console for mixing. ( a 16 track mixer with direct out or something with 8 stereo subgroups )

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 07/19/2015 at 07:32:58 ]