or

Thread Mixing Tips?

• 12 replies
  • 12 participants
  • 6 followers
1 Mixing Tips?
Any Mixing Tips Anybody?
Show first post
:lol: hai guys there will b no tips for mixing as per the song feel u need to mix the song thats what i dooo
VINUU
I need a couple of tips myself.
I do rock/metal & acoustic
Life's a hotdog. Sometimes you get ketchup. Sometimes you don't.
Hi, Po.... just a thought to share.... regardless of what "systematic" EQ or processing you might think you should or should not apply to a vocal track, in the final analysis, it's going to be the sound of the track to you, and to your end-listeners that will matter, and not whether you put the "correct" number on the gain knob of some band of EQ, or choose the preset called "Hard Rock Vocal" from your plugin. Your ears are still the acid test, and presets are only a good guess. Understanding how to "create your own preset" is still the best route to go. Learn to make your vocal sound outstanding to your ear, and make it fit perfectly into your mix. Since vocals and mixes vary like snowflakes, giving you the exact settings to achieve that from this distance is not possible, in my opinion, but I can certainly guide you on the concepts of subtractive equalization, dynamics controls, ambience and "niching" a vocal into a mix so it sits just right, but those are still techniques to be applied on a case-by-case basis. For me, there's no "one-size-fits-all" process - maybe a guess at a benchmark, at best. Feel free to ask me anything specific, and I'll be happy to assist you.
Rob Dewar
Rock Shop Pro Audio
http://www.rockshopproaudio.com