Create an account

or

Thread Mixing Tips?

• 12 replies
  • 12 participants
  • 6 followers
1 Mixing Tips?
Any Mixing Tips Anybody?
what excactly are you mixing. Let me know some details.

Martin Nielsen
Hello Po,

We have just open the discussion about mixing this day. so, if you have any queston about techiques, do not hesitate to ask it on the board ;-)
I'd like to request a general cheat sheet for equalising various recorded instruments. How much high, mid, and bass should I give lead vocals.
or distortion guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, and the like. Also, while recording drums with seperate mics, what should the EQ of the various recorded drums be?

Quote: I'd like to request a general cheat sheet for equalising various recorded instruments. How much high, mid, and bass should I give lead vocals.
or distortion guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, and the like. Also, while recording drums with seperate mics, what should the EQ of the various recorded drums be?

We are working on a complete "methode" for recording.. but this take a long time to achieve ;-) I put it online with screen snapshot and photos as soon as possible!!
there4 is a general cheat sheet on homerecording.com. Check out the article :twisted: "The Fine Art of EQ"

%1$s a écrit Hello Po,

We have just open the discussion about mixing this day. so, if you have any queston about techiques, do not hesitate to ask it on the board ;-)

[color=red][/color]
hello there krowns
In the Electronic Musician mag April 2004, there is a really cool article on mixing strategies. They talk to Dave Pensado (Christina Aguilera, Pink etc), Tim Palmer (David Bowie, U2, Ozzy Osbourne etc.) and Roger Nichols (Take 6, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones etc.).....very good read and interesting tips!
What are exactly types of things you mixing? and what Genre?

Details Appropriate!
Some more genre info would be great; I've heard of people using really different techniques depending on the style of music they're mixing