Create an account

or

Thread EQ to fix live digital video recordings

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 EQ to fix live digital video recordings
Hi all,

A common task for me is the improvement in audio necessary when using Mini-DV cameras to capture live band performances. I can extract the audio track and import to my Cakewalk studio, but could use some suggestions on improving the sound.

Typically, the video camera captures a very mid-range heavy sound that is muddled and lacks low end punch and clear highs.

Any EQ (or other) sound improvement suggestions you can offer?

Thanks.

/mark
i would recommend setting up a stereo mic somwhere in the room and record to minidisc or tape even... whatever, and then sync the 2 audio recordings together in cake walk, youd then have much better sound, or just upgrade the mic on your camera..

although with eq you can do some fixes, but nothing to save a bad>terrible recording...watch where you stand or where you place the camera, make sure you arent too close to speakers or too far...try and get in the middle of the room for the most accurate sound
You would be better off to have a separate mixer for the audio portion. Maybe feed it to the camera with a wireless system. But as you grow you will want several cameras at once and video mixing and ... So I would start with a good set of WELL PLACED mics and feed them to the camera OR to a separate audio deck. You really don't want the mics moving around when recording. You would need different EQ for every position.