Images
1/14
Johnson Guitars AXL-998

Resonator Guitar from Johnson Guitars

Write a user review or Ask for a user review
Reviews
Price engine
Classified Ads

Thread How does this guitar stack up? Johnson Resonator AXL-998-1 Acoustic Guitar

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 How does this guitar stack up? Johnson Resonator AXL-998-1 Acoustic Guitar
I am looking to buy an inexpensive but quality resonator for my son. he is an advanced player but does not have a resonator. I see a lot of different brands that are fairly cheap (all made in ASIA) is any one better than the rest? Johnson, Gretcsh, etc.
I haven't played a Johnson resonator, but have heard they're good for the money. I do know that Gold Tone also makes very nice resonators for the money. Are you looking for a wood or metal body guitar? Square neck or round neck?
metal body round neck
also, i assume the single cone could be taken out and something better put in? tri-cone? i have no idea but tri sounds like more than uni. LOL
sotexreb, will you be my daddy? growing my arsenal of guitars has been hard doing it on my own, I wish my dad would have not only gotten me guitar(s) but actually knew something about them!
Quote from sotexreb65:
also, i assume the single cone could be taken out and something better put in? tri-cone? i have no idea but tri sounds like more than uni. LOL

I haven't heard of a "cone transplant" of the type you're suggesting -- I doubt it would be feasible. IMHO, Its best just to start with an instrument you're happy with, rather than trying to convert one in an attempt to improve its sound.