Akai MPC5000 user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- The MPC 5000 is a premier machine for anyone looking to lay down some drums! Or you can use it as a sampler as well. The Mpc 5000 has everything you need to sequence your tracks and you can even lay them out in “song” mode. Which is basically like doing them in your play list in a program like fl studio. Though I have never completed a full song in my mpc 5000, just because I think its easy to track out your song and mix it in pro tools, but you can still complete a whole song if you want.
- I use the MPC by its self, I don’t have any other instruments going into it, so I didn’t have to worry about setting anything like that up. I just record using the outs and take them into my audio interface to record the sequences then start the mixing from there. I hate manuals so I never read it. I looks like a thick book!
- It sounds great, MPC’s have been around for years and this one is probably one of the best ones because it has just what you need and the sound of the original MPC 2000. One good thing about the sound of the 5000 is that it keeps that old school sound that I love!
- Overall Opinion
- The MPC 5000 is great, you can even purchase different color pads. I purchased the red pads online and customized my MPC 5000 to how I like it. Also, the mpc 5000 has a lot more effects than the other models. The price tag on the 5000 is pretty is really up there. But its well worth the money you will spend. If you cant afford the 5000 check into the 1000 or try to get a 2000 if you can find someone that is selling them because MPC doesn’t make them anymore. But I say save up for this one!
- The Mpc 5000 is the hands down best sequencer and drum application yet. If you are new to the MPC this piece of equipment will look like a spaceship to you at first. You will definitely need to pull out that manual and start reading. The manual is very clear and easy to navigate, but it will still take you some time to get to know the flow of the MPC.
- If you aren’t new to the MPC models you will dive right in and start going to work. A lot of similarities with this MPC and previous models. This one just stands out a little more than the 4000. Mainly because of the upgraded operating system. The MPC 5000 has enough midi ins and outs along with audio ins and outs to power and be the main center point of your studio. I have used the MPC 5000 as the brain of my whole setup. You can edit midi notes with a breeze, and the sequencing on the MPC 5000 is as good as it gets. The sequencing is basically automated, you can do it in all time including swing.
- The MPC5000 has a synth creator similar to what the 4000 has, so if you don’t have any synths in your setup the MPC 5000 will help you with that too. The MPC 5000 has a great sample rate and that nice good clean sound. You can mix your whole song right on the MPC screen if you wish. It will be a tough task though, especially if you are use to doing it on software. You can control the pad sensitivy as well.
- Overall Opinion
- Overall the MPC 5000 is the way to go, it’s a bit pricey but its worth it. Sounds great and it is a powerhouse. It’s a must have if you are a hip hop sampler/ producer.
User reviews in other languages
- Everything is already said ...
The left side with all the knobs and fader is perfect ...
It simplifies life a lot compared to the 1000 I had before!
8 separate outputs are also perfect to export a project in 1 or 2 times ... it is very convenient.
However it will take a very fat sound card audio input level, if not back to square one track manually!
- The use is not bad.
I blame some bug that has long drunk, notament when cutting sample, this part is very poorly made.
I was on JJ OS on my MP1000 the guy had better work on something!
It would require a new OS or OS JJ!
Otherwise we find all the basics of a mpc and I am fond of ca! BOTTOM!
- No color made ... So we forget all that farted his grave as ASR 10, MPC 3000, etc ...
But good at the same time we have enough tools to make a personal touch to her now ...
So this aspect is not annoying at all.
The synth is dedand JMEN am that very few served so I can not tell you
- Overall Opinion
- 2 or 3 years.
However AKAI perfect material to fool our mouths with this OS rotten!
When you see that the machine was out yet aujourdui € 1,500 in the shop! the guy is not even able to give you a bone worthy to name ...
We believe on what windows!
- characteristics? you have them in 'News' this product
Very attractive on paper, complete MPC +
4 FX buses 2, a synth VA, record direct to disk, sampling / sample edition of a sequencer to concrete fact of the renowned MPC etc ....
no editor on computer, just a USB connection to transfer data on the HDD
- Simple config?
for a user to MPC relatively yes (some notable changes compared to the 2000 I had before but familiar ground)
for anyone who discovers it is the gas plant is clear! RTFM seems like the other! ;)
The manual is clear enough I think yeah
the architecture of the Bécanne logical and relatively easy access, shift + PAD X to access the various menus
the backlit display and top qd we know those other mpc
however, its use is hampered by small bugs couraging enough in the long
I'll come back in conclusion
- by sampling the sound is played as it is, he can be accused of lacking character but I do not complain
pads meet the finger and the eye! to see in the long run but for now no testicle for almost 3 years on this
VA synth wrong, I'm not a synth expert but you can make good ground and the other lead, with qq fx ass it gets interesting! we may regret the absence of automation parameters
Weak point for racing pots which are staggered by integers have the impression of hearing each level
for patch sentence, the tunes of samples, and the filter sucks ...
Filters are passable, quite garish and digital, with dosing fingering (z'auraient able to do less but to integrate a kind of MFC42, we can always dream ....)
FX, there's drinking and eating ....
I like the delays and distos, good enough for me
reverb, compressor blah ....
those modulation (chorus, phaser, flanger, trmolo ...) are very muffled, no way to go in extreme settings and tweak sound like a pig,,, little deception so ...
filter sweep of interesting, as well as other or the decimator freq. shifter
Unfortunately these FX are subject to qq bugs, I'll come back at the end ...
- Overall Opinion
- I almost 3 years
I've tasted a lot of groove machine / BAR / synth + of 10 years since
what I like +?
MPC workflow, which I find really hell
complete machine in the studio or live it enough (almost) to itself (I use cubase for premastering)
for a machine to 2000 balls at its output, there's a lot of stuff that bothers me ...:
it's not top reliability,,, there's a bunch of DD who dropped apparently mine pedal in the semolina very often and I feel he will let go at any time! (My obsession ...)
I had to change the motherboard and I am not alone in this .... (the machine was barely 3 years + without leaving the studio ...)
I knew that os2 and I imagine how it would not even be the one with the toils! XD
a lot of small bugs long enough couraging to the case c ° + * ille: knobs that déassignent (force off / on again)
backups eat up half if we do not 'save Entire memory' (rather super sucks if you bump a prod that puts a heavy leaden to save)
note lengths which, if they impinge on each other, are reduced to 0 during save / load
impossible to seal a midi file
the machine randomly freeze when too many FX
no automation on the keyboard (except cutoff / reso)
there are many others ... peel the forums ...
damage, without it it would be killing
So despite all this mpc is a good machine, in the studio, because if bugs live, hello anguish!
it really gives me a sense of unfinished work and bungled from akai who have made an update to the bone and went whip other cats ...
with the experience I do not think I would do this choice ...
I would opt instead for a bone JJ + 2500 rack synth
I keep it anyway, hoping one day JJ OS!
- Sampler / sequencer / synthesizer is a machine that can do complete production alone.
Complete and reliable connection, I bough all my synths I sequence above.
For those looking for a machine to do everything and not too bulky I recommend it!
- Easier you die!
The feel and workflow mpc par excellence!
The big screen is legible + compared to other mpc!
- It is therefore a sampler ..................
You come out of the blue it blue .... the convertos are very (too?) Transparent, it is vraiement faithful to beep until the end.
The effects are many, many others some brief draws everyone find his account.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 1 year and a half and I've never had any trouble with.
Vraiement is robust and reliable, no Beug, no problem at connections.
I had a mpc 3000, sp 12 turbo S950, and I have kept that up!
The workflow of a mpc but with all the modern conveniences (no floppy, comfortable screen, internal hard drive, usb, fast loading ......).
For those who are hesitant with 3000 or 2000XL certainly not the 5000 particular grain but its modernity you will soon forget the pleasure sampler with older sisters.
- twelve o'clock perfect connectivity, possibiliter to use the mpc as control surface with reason5 is the perfect duo
for me the effect section is very good for my scratches and the songs.
the sequencer is very intuitive and very easy to use and is a formidable power
- the configuration is complete, the function sontres available after having read the manual which is in English, with very big bone possibiliter 2
- sampling is very good and very powerful for me I use it with 64 mb of memory and power is that despite formidable
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a three months, what I like most is the sequencer and the part samplingle value for money is very good firm against the power of the machine.
- all inputs and outputs is needed .....
nothing is missing.
my virus is connected in spdif and I sample everything by them, even vsti coming out of my pc virus, no audio dropouts, the top .......
effects. are very good, in-house processing and more, so direct.et tempo sync
the sequencer. I use it for all my songs, I is not on pc, timing is great!!!
- the grip is quite complex, but at the same time it is a machine in the studio, and it is very complete ... I love it :) :)!!!!
it is not ready to get tired, unlike other machines.
big screen readable, internal synth, effects, and highly efficient compressor ...........
- sounds impeccable ......... normal sampling requires .... converters are excellent and the invoice is rendered simply impeccable.
Of course the cables used must beings of good qualities .....
the pads are the best of all mpc. reactivity, pressure and speed of return.
in addition I used midi control surface.
4 + 8 sliders knobs, MIDI tracks assigned to several different
I leave you the pleasure of calculating the number of live controllers that you can operate by simply changing the track ......
- Overall Opinion
- difficult to handle, but when we know all the mpc is direct and fluid.
attention anyway to those who have made all their previous projects on the mpc 1000 or 2500, because if you use the jjosxl, projects are not compatible with the mpc 5000.
otherwise two years that I have, and I would not change it for anything ......
in two words: timeless and collector ...................
- Full connectivity:
10 out, MIDI 2in/4out, optical output, etc..
Good effects section, I have not yet tested all.
For sound, this sampler is a neutral, it's clean. The synth is interesting for the low in my case, it is editable but I is not yet fully identified.
The sequencer is tops in the genre. I would say that the workflow is more intuitive than on computer music. It is very quick to take control even for a novice (Rec + Play and hop).
- The configuration is done well asse. I do not notice the paper and pdf FR me drunk one can read while I'm doing without.
Everything is at hand, the hearts.
- The sound may suit me, it's a sampler, the rendering is faithful nothing to say.
Reason dynamics paled and all I've done on computer, it's potato showman!
The effect section looks to me much more effective than on MPC 2000XL (which is more on the latter option). I have not exploited all but for me they may be useful (unlike those of the 2000XL to 400 balls option).
- Overall Opinion
- I have this beast now for 2 weeks. I used a previously 2000XL all option. Ba big difference here is not to procrastinate. I am of computer music for 13 years and I always had the galleys on PC, I switched to Apple's much less of a crash but a workflow that fills me with the mouse and all the sound card config etc.. One day I bought one that was using MPC2000XL for Reason sequencer and sampler incidentally. And now here I am in possession of 5000 and I think she does not leave any time soon. I'm waiting to see the rebirth MPC because I'm very skeptical.
For comparison the MPC2000XL know that its output was worth the price of 5000 today.
In the 2000XL home: no separate outputs, no effect, 4 MB of memory, no flash memory, floppy disk media and many others probably.
In 5000: Only the RAM and the combo CD / R are optional.
So to all the detractors of this bike I do not see what you reproach him! Ok it bug from time to time (very rarely and nothing nasty). For the groove I can not see impairments in comparison with the sound of 60/3000/2000/etc. For sound, it is not cold but true! If you find an S900 for 12bit put him in the stomach it becomes the most comprehensive tools to make the instrumental Rap / Hiphop. The synth is not a Nordlead but it's frankly cool to shape with a low fat well. Ok then it costs € 1500 New in the 90s but I was drooling on the 2000XL with no option then I say that the MPC5000 is the most successful. HDD, CF reader, 64 MB RAM, 10 out, optical out, etc. ........
10,000 francs it was not even the price of an Ensoniq EPS16 (15 000 Fr without oprtion). And for having the test, it looks ok but honestly grain level of tear fluid taf!! Like on Roland W30: great sound but sequencer for NASA engineer. And these gas 15/20kg weigh in! this is not the stuff with you to take joy in rehearsing and studio.
Last thing: I know that Akai does not rework the OS to make us a 3.0 then give the source code to JJ!! Please!!
- 8 outputs for my export practices
2 mono inputs (mic and line)
- Grip similar to the old
- Fart sounds
- Overall Opinion
- Nothing is more effective! AKAI THANKS AGAIN
- Complete machine and it ... everyone agrees!
- novices will not have too much trouble to find the manual for it is simple to understand. For the initiate, it is clear that there! we are facing a real war machine with a slightly different ergonomics of its predecessors and much more advanced.
- The expression or let's say ... the quality of the samples after sampling is exemplary because it is definitely respect for transparency.
As for effects, it is not what I asked for but not if I have to bring in a little reverb, delay or other it again!
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for just one week and I would like to silence the gossips who considers AKAI was a flop organized with the Mpc 5000. I tell them it is totally false because it is the best (personal opinion).
I ran all the models from the 60 Mpc and believe me I am very demanding when it comes to sound quality (Heat, Punch and Groove), they all go to the Mpc 5000.
Frankly it should stop critiques.Étant myself a purist when I gave him:
A kik of SP1200, she shows a kik Sp 1200!
A sample of the ASR 10, she shows a sample of ASR10!
MicroKorg who ripped a lead at all, she shows a lead MicroKorg that tears it!
I have no problem whatsoever in midday sampling or internal processing. I do not have any problems with.
If Roger Linn make his personal opinion it is even more of the firm. I suppose he would say:
He is doing well without me in AKAI said so!
Finally do not forget to make music because some spend more time to calculate the quality of work with that stuff, they go sick!
WE AUDIOFANZINIEN relax!
- Page: 1