Akai MPC1000 user reviews
- Squenceur sampler a "pad" drum East'm saying but something else can do much good e / s wholesale jack with 4 separate output ca cool do not worry this rate it! Bones JJ comprehensive.
- Aolrs the atention I will talk about the bones JJ revolutionized the machine and which is essential in my opinion been the thing that sucks is that of bones has laid akai ns. ownership asser chelou j at the beginning I struggled because I had just one and a mk2 es1 sp 3O3 J had a hard time capturing something of backup files and always with the mess, but hey skip this step ca has run its own but it has not been easy to do so the concept of animals (note j've always difficult to start a new toy). I find it very easy if not laid back but I did not get the super handy for playing live I was over with the prod and I recorded my track record with direct dc all in wav I could play my sounds on my serato live after practice too. by visually against c j was not great but I admit I qd pdt same guts with a silent c 3 years good experience and I would add that I do not even be seen with any other machine I precise hardware.
manuelest the galley can I find one too and we often walk ds sub menus.
- Bah c is the 16 bit 44.1 khz c less than 24 or 32 bit but it goes carrment are treble and bass sound is cool c 16 bit CD quality what.
st effest certainly not the top but I have not had any problems with adding and I have a sp 3O3 just for that.
- Overall Opinion
- I have the untiliser pdt three years every day and very happy day in quiet clear to me c the machine hard the best: the other is there are too many or not asser.
j I appreciate the principle of serious pads (except the quality of those it is proven that a chier c) and before the chopper got a j a sp 303 ES1 MKII ER1 one too.
Used a 600 euros c is a good deal with the ram and the new pads after I do not see the interest of a hard drive. after if you have to take over functionality requires a computer and quickly c less frustrating.
j I sold my mpc 1000 for m buying a laptop and an MPD 24 I regret it at all, but I keep a pad qd even to be able to play in tps tps dc j have to keep working the same technique but with a larger visual effects I work more now with ableton. but for those who kif hard on the mpc 1000 is an unbeatable c super silent machine
I put 8 for the lack of visual effects and the ds but otherwise I do not necessarily mind more with ableton but c is more precise and more effects are and if there had been no ableton I will stay on mpc 1000. Voila voila!
- Trs good machine made by the pads. The fact that we should buy new pads prohibtif price of $ 200 is a disgrace and the bones provided by akai. When you see how dd was able to evolve the bone: it sidra: moving from a sampling drum machine rel a production station: and this is not done with the bone 2.
- For what comes from the soft and mastering the art of sampling well: getting used to the getting started but once you get the digest has for me is that of happiness. I had heard tellemnt Patla the 2000XL, 3000 the legendary and mythical 60. I rv of this machine and I was wondering what it avit so specially: we must try to understand. A system that is all to think that design track from cubase. But go to bed a master ide in 3 min. It goes fast and sounds. In complment I use a s2000 with 8 output and a keyboard synth CS1x.
Soon a new expander and a filter 42 or analog style mfc sherman. S950 or if you like the sound 12bit.
- We can do any style of music by adding a synth or sound module.
The effects are a bit cheap, but also filters adpanne well.
The expression is good: good dynamic and fast devienent 16 level required.
The equation and the compressor output will effectively make the machine sounds.
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 1 year and I think I will keep a long time: finally j'spre.
If you find a secondhand 2500 in a similar price opt for the 2500: with the bone dd is indispensable functions are the same. The 1000 is smaller and the pads just sucks. I have an MPD24 so it's less embtant.
We can do almost the same thing on the PC but live mpc does not planre: it is the main argument in its favor.
Trs good machine thanks to the bone dd rendrat worship: I am sure. Fits all styles but particulirement to hip hop but I do not teach you anything.
Thank you Roger Linn.
- Already rbach
- Easy to learn but can be a real pain s'avrer head for those accustomed to working on keyboard workstations .. over the assignments sounds with his pad J'trouve not tr s after each practice's gots ..... j not even speak the sampler .... the joke at the end ... for 1000 euros in the nine MPC you AND AND AND AND THIS FUCKING MANUAL IN ENGLISH!! lol what a shame ... Will they have made an effort it is true that English is not so hard that his (its dpend for whom) brief the MPC is not bad for aspiring beatmaker who want to become one with timbaland week (which is not my case because I'm clueless with this machine )...... live the yamaha motif 6!
- Sounds? we must get them here is the concept of the MPC making sounds with his own drum kit .... which is nice is that it sounds like it is returning a "pom" is "pom" simply ..
- Overall Opinion
- The MPC 1000 c cool for its ease of ACCS, its concept squenceur sampler is really not bad, but watching me srieux's face it I do not like this machine moves away too e of what jai want to do with ... it's cool to squence (still need to do it) the assignment of sounds with his pad j'trouve not terrible ... dcidment RAM the keyboard workstation ..
lemy The Good Doctor
- See all the other opinions ...
MPC 1000 (http://www.akaipro.com/prodMPC1000.php)
- From the wonderful world of soft drinks, the grip and quite simple but very confusing ... Switch between screens 17 inches to see the whole piece a few lines on a screen the size of a cell phone (I exaggerate a bit ...) is special.
However, we rediscover how to work a lot more intuitive ... The mpc is a musical instrument, a beatmaker find a real feeling of dealing ... Unlike the computer world that (in my opinion) is more "mathematical" ...
The handling is fast enough and you soon realize the "concept" of the beast for the composition. Afterwards, the different functions are easily accessible ... Just read the manual is very clear!!
- It is a machine to sequence see sampler ... Very few sounds in it, it comes with 128 MB inflate in order to have fun and not be limited based on ...
The work is not the longest to learn to use, but rechrche sounds, samples, loops ...
- Overall Opinion
- Very good machine, purchased earlier this year ... Too much time, so I do not control ...
In fact the difficulty lies in the choice of ergonomics ... Personally, for now, I'm more comfortable with a computer, but this machine draws me to the sensations it produces in the composition. In addition, it can play live with additional platinum vynil or Serato, with his very correct ... Easy portability, it fits in a suitcase for vacation ...
A purchase that I do not regret ...
- It will run: 6 audio outputs (indpendantes or couples), two MIDI IN / OUT (real +!)
No sounds really available is a sampler. It is we fill it.
Squenceur (version OS alternative amne 300 000 notes)
A Schematic include:
- A pad> 4 simultanns sounds possible. A possibility to swap the one with the sliders QLink
- 4 banks of 16 pads (A, B, C, D)
- We arrive therefore the possibility to easily grate: 4 x 16 x 4 = 256samples! (The memory limit 128MB RAM, however, is but a piece APRS practice unless it has long ambiences and drones, a piece rarely Exceeds 70MB memory dcoupe well if all these samples even keeping the loops of 4 or 8 times)
- We are beginners in Drout (especially the original version 2.1 of catastrophic Akai) but once the DD version 3.05 or bcp much better then one between 4.5x vritablement in the workstation appearance radical trs but powerful when you put your hands dirty.
- The well confess that I put on the ass: the sound!
I work with a laptop on gnralement in FA101 firewire on which the sound is particulirement good for this price (I recommend it for that matter) and I was afraid that with the output spar are the akai needs a good compressor in the ass to win and especially potato minimize saturation since we superimposed the tracks hard (something that would not be uncompressed track in a software squenceur ).
But no, the sound is clear and powerful and it's a real surprise.
And this machine can be treated fairly "violent" without her flinch and change the laptop.
- Overall Opinion
- I've had 10 days is few and far. In any case, enough to perform all necessary.
My criticism concerns some lack of function a little "tarquot; vritablement to get closer to what can be done in electro / electronica PC (I'm not talking about vst or another because we forget the total! must bouncer its tracks and have them sample it all) but the time Qlink rel JJ advelopp nanmoins allow interactions interesting rhythmic> the QLINK can interact directly on the hard loop, we approximates what can be done on Ableton Live).
Report quality perfect price if you opt for a Used. In nine, 1000euros a lot.
For my part I was looking for a machine for my lives, fast, reliable and crative and the MPC is the best choice I think. T believe I have not shuffled the laptop + controller returning particulirement expensive ncessite to have a computer for home and another to live for who ddi live said said risks for a machine type macbook laptop or notebook PC. Live it takes solid! that's my opinion anyway.
- How to make something new in this section lol? I deliver what I remember of the product:
What connections (audio, MIDI ...)?
2midi-in / 2 MIDI out
-1 S / PDIF in / 1 S / PDIF out
-2 Analog in jacks
-2 Master out jacks
-4 Jacks assignable outputs
-1 USB port
-1 Compact flash port
-1 Dock DD 2.5 inches (yeeaaahhhh)
connectivity quite satisfy me: MIDI driver modules, input engulfed the samples, the in / out S / PDIF ensures the link with the PC (sound card E-MU 0404), the assignable outputs frankly I have not had need ... I think DD will soon install a pr and now the 32 MB CF makes the case perfectly: my musical style hip hop c pluto So here's a sample of drums and a bass: 20 KB to break everything lol!
2 master effects 4-band EQ + Compressor
Has two effects assignable Choose from a dozen classic and rather cheap, but sufficient for the boom-bap (my setup c 1: compressor and 2: bit Grunger ... Yum!)
it seems quite complete because I am far from having made the tour very intuitive for the game but not for the issue: let's be clear, from a software sequencer is back to the future ...
- This is where I hope to read ...
Here is my first post in AF, it must be 1year and a half I fanstasme on the mpc that I plan to pay me, that I cast photos on the web ... etc. until now I was all in Reason 3.0, and I expected biensur no longer an MPC, such as complete solution Reason tape strong enough ...
I was looking for a compact solution to make beats under the covers, for fun and to escape by creating a graphic reason, finally making music with my ears and not with a mouse ... and then touch a so-called legend also ...
after a week of use I am generally satisfied, but I have to learn to ... take time!
again clarify things: Although I am no expert and I guess there have been major updates, I think the sequencer's current MPC 1000 is in many points similar to the MPC 60 and 3000 for example : what makes us an OS 20 years of age ptite my lady!
Coming from the PC world, it's amazing how it all have to learn to do a backup every detail etc ...
From this point of view, I think I can say that the current OS of mpc is a dinosaur, and it takes a lot of investment ... look at the Roland MV-8000: AC current is a machine! mpc 4000 is the next joke right?
but the positive thing in all this is that we think!! I find it highly rewarding!
with the MPC is a new way of thinking, to build its tracks etc ... and I think in the end people come here really because ... even if the OS and sequencer seem archaic, but it's still awfully coherent and consistent! I begin to think "MPC" my seq is nothing without my prog properly set and locked on the right track! lol
I think so, all the usual functions are easily accessible, the hard part is to articulate all the usual functions, to make sense of all that, to measure the consequences of each action or edit the entire system .. . an information to the screen but 10 things to think about the same time next!
the manual ... impossible to do without, but also not to type it in one go ... in support tell us!
- Madame is a sampler so ... hum hum I'm not the kind Stinkard "it depends what you put in uncultivated strip!" lol
the sounds of plants are ... useful at first, but a good kick and snare a slight drinking c I will have to nourish the silly knowing that it is a challenge to the big sound it: I would be ashamed to put drums in my ways and yet MPC ca watching me!
term quasi-genius, I tempered because we are good flap ears with super sensitive pads and frankly ... the 16 velocity levels must pick them up!
but it is true that it is enjoyable to tap it, just the symbol ... You believe you there!
but the good I'm quibbling, the pads are well made ...
level sampling ... simplicity is the rule but I Cerchi precisely because sampler with my PC 0404 was not really walk, and I think I lost a lot in potato ...
with the mpc that is enjoyable is to go into the sample stream having just removed the cell of the groove: it's the same
standard edition of the samples ... Fortunately the OS 10.2 brings slice if this machine would not have much ... and always from the PC world, the editing of regions is prehistoric compared to recycle. Anyway, once all this set up and assigned to the pads, he forgives 5mins gallery: once again we believe it is so good and it sounds!
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for a week, 50% of its possibilities I think, and more ... I'm on it are still in the belly I have not even dared to touch the step edit etc ...
what I like is that this machine is limited compared to the PC that I have to sweat out the sounds. I mean with the PC one is stuffed with plenty of sounds, effects, etc ... and I think too many possibilities diminish creativity: I'm talking about self-transcendence rather you see.
Making the most of a limited environment (and still can not say that the MPC is limited, except in relation to solutions apps) rather than control 5% of an environment giganstesque and searched ... Make your choice!
the month I tell myself that I have more excuse, such as producers Beatminerz make fire with MPC 2000 and SP 1200, so if I take not a max MPC 1000 is that I am just bad, and I have to report soon!
this is what I expected from an MPC: open my eyes. I think it succeeded. We understand why the guys are talented talented, and why anyone can be misled by the space of one instrument, thanks to the softwares like fruity loops and Reason. I atention not spit on soft drinks, on the contrary those who make them run at max (9th Wonder is all on fruity loops!) Show what can be learned, and express their talent, which does not depend on the gear but them!
value for money seems slightly excessive ... I got it for 600euros of OCCAZ with 128MB installed, correct me tell you ...
If I crack one of those apps, I think I could get exactly the same, the same dynamics etc ... but here it is, I want to make music, be creative, and not necessarily the eyes remain on my PC at all times.
Ultimately the MPC machines seem to be "human" ... binding and laborious but you mobilize body and soul, you make your music player, not just Consumers can presets, loops etc ... prémachés
How then do not award the 10/10?
- -16 Pads. Smaller than the other mpc (1 / 4 less)
-6 Analog output jack 6.35 (actually 3 stereo outputs' but with the pan setting, 6 mono ...)
-1 Stereo input jack 6.35
rca digital -entree/sortie
-2 Midi in, midi out 2
USB1 port (you can not have everything)
-2 Taken footswitch jack 6.35
-1 Headphone jack 6.35
-1 Slot compact flash (16MB-2GB) (comes with a 32MB card)
-2 Effects (chorus, flanger ...) + 1 master effect (EQ and compressor)
-The internal memory of 16MB to 128MB can be ammenee
Q -2 fader link
Reverse time-strech and V2 with the OS!
Filter (bad, but certainly present)
-Possibility to set a hard disk of 20 80 GB (the 2'5, laptop hard disk super convenient)
The sequencer is just right. It is the conductor of your config 'MIDI and samples utiliss by bte.
It is a basic but perfectly complte machine.
- Habitus for the pc it takes time to adapt.
For the habitus of the other MPCs requires an adjustment period, especially for the step edit mode (here vertical).
Otherwise the functions are accessible and super egonomie of this "little sister" in fact an original machine o each space is worth the Fast Fashion (it's over! We pause over his little cendar on the belly of the b you lol!)
The manual is clear enough. I regret only having slept in sch and English classes because with the arrival of the new OS would help me ca ...
- MPC = RAP, I know all polmique that this statement will generate ... But I am an author / composer HipHop and everyone said that the MPC c'tait magic ... Rflection doing is not because you have a BMW that can drive. The machine does not make the groove ... it contributes.
It's a good trs Bacan for beginners. But to go further it remains limited. His report is qualitprix parcontre unbeatable.
The sounds are clear, but it comes out of good quality. It spits out what he gives with all lightweight, lightweight cot agu.
For its effect is going to require the mourners, they are not ffice. May be that the reverb could mean the hidden mdicrit of sound, but otherwise it's not a.
To start in the composition has the fact that a pro has done less. But it is a good machine trs as sequencer and storage / exchange of deals.
Converters, are not by appointment, but the sound of 2006, flat and transparent. For the sampler is the feed: "REC", "STOP", "Save!" is simple, as it's spring.
To each to his config 'with.
Its small size makes it a desire to not speak ill. It remains an ergonomic and enjoyable profondment. Closer to the pace of the box MPC60. It sticks its era.
- Overall Opinion
- I've had a year and it made me realize that to have a "grain" of his professional (at least when the same Ho! Do not DCON!) It was not an end in it. She has the art of adapting to the needs of each pro or amateur.
It's not a workstation or the mpc 3000 o 4000 ds soulve these machines that we know that the sound is Heavy ...
No it is a good conductor, it has its advantage in addition to price, for my part I have an Akai S950 sampler to beat (a massive musical), an Ensoniq ASR 10 for brass, violins, samples of soul, beats short while (the best sampler of the world, I think ...) and a Roland JV1080 expander for the components. The mpc 1000 fits perfectly my config.
I try the MPC2000XL ... The squabble between machine m'interresse not, I think that today one must be practical, high quality mpc with 128 (24 minutes mono sampling, sampling stro 12min) + Hard Disk the Next-Generation Functional finds its place among the elders who dchirent but with less memory and / or opportunities.
Beginners and pro now you know my opinion, be aware that the report qualitprix is unbeatable.
For beginners who DLIR discovering the producers of the "Grain" of a sound, it's handjob brain ... Just do it!
Exprience with this choice I do it again without hsiter.
- - I will spare you the technical features, you can read below.
- The machine comes with factory presets, very average quality, but that is not the goal ...
- Level of the features it has evolved since the days when I bought it. There is now a hard disk, timestretch, pitch shift, the reverse, the LFO, etc ... who have completely rediscover my machine I had some dropped in favor of Live. But here the features are plain satisfactory, especially considering the price has dropped significantly ...
<p class="bbcode-offtopic"> Off topic: <span>Speaking of USB MBM does not come with the cable, it will get one</span>
- I would say that in one day we can assimilate 50% of the functions of the beast, without reading the manual, which is very respectable
However I still advise you to read the manual, you learn quite a lot ...
The manual is in English, but it is very understandable and can be even better since the machine is in English. I thought at first it was something I could do without but there are plenty of features and tricks to be discovered by reading the left and right ...
- (This section is weak, an MPC is made to bring its own sound ...)
However, there are only two assignable effects is low, but not always around the problem by recording a sample with its effect and the réassignat a pad then ....
In terms of drums, it sounds quickly and done well, as can be expected from an MPC worthy of the name.
the reaction velocity is nickel.
If your pads have problems, it's pretty easy to replace or repair. If you're ever in this case send me a message I will tell you what to do.
- Overall Opinion
- It's been two years since I have it, this machine is enormous. Since the updates to the OS, the hard disk and new OS unofficial ahead, the interest of the machine has greatly increased and exceeded my expectations.
Everyone who came here are really criticizing hopeless. They obviously bought their MPC without knowing what it is. The MBM is perfect in features, except in terms of effects which are rather average.
With that I think no reason to buy the MPC2500 ...
- Purchase this cot everyone is aware (read the posts previous ones)
- THE galre beginners are certainly a bit but eventually the habit will trs trs's fast! And everyone knows the concept of intrressant mpc's with their famous pad.
It is true that nanmoins the manual is not always clear trs ...
- Ok so the effects are crappy, BUT YOU SAW THE DYNAMICS?? It's the bomb that level of sound quality if you have good credit and good samples bah you make music butchers!
- Overall Opinion
- We know the rput 'of MPC and with the new OS 2.0 bah There's even more hsiter, it is worth more than the blow in my opinion that the 2000 xl.
- Full connectivity: USB, noon (2in, 2out), 6 audio out (so 3 stereo), 2 audio in, compact flash possibility of a 80GB HD (officielemnt but people have installed 100GB hd ...)
this machine is a sampler so the sounds are determined by what he put in the belly
there are effects (which are not very accessible but helps out)
the sequencer is very nice because it brings the machine-side "play" the music and draw the side programming (as in soft drinks etc ...)
I put 9 for the effects that should be more accesible to live and to be controllable
- The configuration is simple but quite repetitive intuitive in its approach, and may be complicated if you want to go further with the beast (as many machine nan?)
Fortunately, there are max and PC software to address these daunting task of programming, ca greatly simplifies the process.
must also use an editor (sound forge, spark, audacity) ca allows automated functions via "batch convert" convert them to 16bit wav format (not aiff ...) 44100.
the usual functions are just a pad is very nice and that's what makes the originality of the mpc.
(Composition work with via pad mutes, play the different sample by the touch pads.
the manual is not always very clear (that there is more new bone qulque changing small details ...
Fortunately, there are videos made by SPARQ Forum "mpc-forum"
So the manual is not enough but fortunately there are other resources
- This machine is a sampler gift to create the sounds are either even (or at least to choose yourself.
I have not tried to get realistic sounds with this machine, I have not chosen to ca.
effects are to troubleshoot, do not expect high-quality effects, but they are nice and present when required, the problem is their lack of access and control in the Qlink can ...
damage as we can not put any effect on a track WHOLE easily (apart from the master effects)
expression for velocity is very good, it's that the machine stands, the instant composition is really nice.
it's really a musical instrument that is learned in the way the play is getting better by working on (it is for example the method worked Battery dante agostini, it makes good exos ...
- Overall Opinion
- I for a week
I love his side entiere.c instrument in its own 'is just great ...
I had an earlier one that electribe're really made me Tripp, I sold it when I bought my computer with midi keyboard ...
and that my machine failed, I needed to return to this type of machine ...
she can be closer to the composition in real time
like any instrument it takes some learning, but what makes it well when he spends time.
attention, this machine is not limited to the style of music rnb ...
personnelemnt I qq1 of eclectic, this machine is also (it's a sampler)
measures can be odd, etc., etc ...
I use it to click and make the cut, idm, electronica, berakcore, ambient, drum n bass, electro dub, film music ...)
it also allows different control software (battery, reaktor, live, reason ...)
very good machine, especially since the arrival of the new OS
I learn so (and) I hearts, very fun and eclectic like creature ...