Korg ElecTribe Es-1 MkII user reviews
- Jack 6.35 for 2 + 1 line output for headphones
1 entry dedicated to sampling in 6.35
3-port MIDI IN / OUT / TRU
1 Smart Media port for import / export its samples
Sampler / sequencer well done,
Sections built-in effects that can be assigned to each sample or part of a sequence
- fairly easy to pick up if you have already worked on the Korg gear for other manual is very well done, clear and explicit.
For beginners, can be a bit confusing at first, but just look tite a week on it (I've never taken the time to do) for the control at your fingertips.
Note 9 to the good performance of the whole, because for me a lack of effects from section can not be assigned more than two effects on the same sample
- This is a sampler if ca ........ not like it crushes everything and 100 samples is recharged by what we need. Originally it is riveted Hip-hop/break, not my style ..... but must admit that the drum kit is a something of pti intéerssant!
9 also for style
- Overall Opinion
- I bought it on a whim, I've never really had a chance to look at me "seriously", but I agree that it's a great machine works!
Others tried before ES1 models? Heuuuu a Roland MC-303, ca account?
- Bad and breath.
- Very simple configuration
- Effects and the correct sounds, but it is never better served than by yourself.
Provide a map and more!
- Overall Opinion
- Reliable machine, good value for money, a bit overwhelmed my taste.
- See previous opinions!
- No need for manual, understandable by all the way, where nothing is "forgotten".
Very easy to use, because ultimately this is an ultra-small "sampler".
In addition to a Live set.
- At purchase, the guy had me reset, I put "naked" is not the plant samples and sequences that made me buy this machine.
For sound quality, con ... front wall 20 pounds there's rarely audiophiles who will tell you that the quality of your converters is ch ...
She does what she's done! Unadorned.
Another plus: the possibility of resampling (! Internally so) You can get bass lines starting from a sample of a pov 'pet fly (yeah I know, be patient, the fly is suspicious. ..)
- Overall Opinion
- At the time it served me well. It is a pleasure to use desktop, takes up no space (or weight for that matter) in a hardware set "Digital". I lasted four years.
This is the time it goes bad! The cheap components, poor manufacturing Korg are one day you loose the beast starting with the dial side of the screen that is racing, then come around these little crappy knob which in any case are not made to last, "bizzness iz bizzness" ... the card reader, the overall volume knob ... brief ... repairs or provide, in most cases: wreck!
When we sum the con to buy consumables, bah it consumes con! ...
(Today = Korg's cheap, well packed!)
Cygnus' widely surcotée, very rare in good condition.
Very good sampler beginner obsolete today, it is better to take four years with a laptop computer OCCAZ 'if it is to bosser digital ...
- See other opinions
- super simple machines such as EA-1 and ER-1 (which I also own)., but also very limited (as of 4/4, two levels of focus, no backup mute).
the knobs are very sensitive (playing with the pitch of samples accurately is really not easy).
The sequencer is basic to basic but often it does not take plus.Toutes functions are displayed on the front (at most a shift in press). Ergonomics actually quite good pensée.Pour have a MC-303, a D2 and a Roland MC-909, it is the opposite here in terms of ease of use and management main.en few hours the machine is known in every corner (which is far from being the case for Roland). The manual is clear and sufficient. on the other hand it is not sufficient in itself, it is a tool to integrate to other machines (very philosophy Korg) as opposed to roland groovebox which may be sufficient for certain styles of music (electro, rap, dnb, rnb, ...). lunchtime poses no soucis.la memory is still very limited, forget to sample loops too long (the machine is not made for this.) but for percussive sounds and other hits, it is clear enough.
The use is very playful.
- The machine abyss a little to the original sound good but it is not catastrophic either, effects are very good for some and mostly correct (or other anecdotal useless for me anyway).
One thing that I found quite annoying is that the panning is set préFX I m says, once I put the distortion on a sample that I breaded left, the sample passes on both sides with the distortion and returns to the left if I disable the effect ...
There are ways to have fun with the FX function reverse roll and pitch, the sound is triturable! Side is the most friendly of this little box.
- Overall Opinion
- Even though it has plenty of flaws, well I love in addition to my other machines. I remake that choice without hésiter.Payée 110 euros occaze in near new condition, this is an excellent deal.
I have several Roland (ex SP-808, MC-303 and 909, D2) and several Electribe (ER-1, EA-1), and this is certainly my favorite electribe.Si we take into account that sampler is not a sentence, it's a great little machine very simple. You will of course not all one piece with nothing but the electribe (within making music ultra minimalist yet) that n ' is not the only case of roland.Comme beatbox is a bit lighter but more versatile than the ER 1 (which has monstrous kicks and snares pretty crappy and hopefully other qualities)
- All adj t said ...
- It's pretty simple to use. After 2 days, we know everything.
True, return the samples one by one in the machine can get drunk ... In any case, it is better pr-dcouper the samples on a PC.
- I think the sound is nickel. I do not feel the drop in quality from 32kHz.
- Overall Opinion
- I've had three days and is the bomb (90euros on ebay with a 8 MB card). I set full of percussion and samples of my bass and did a great accompaniment. has sounded really good and I think it + friendly than Cubase.
Only problem, the memory of 4MB RAM (even with compression), it fills up quickly ... No way to save large loops like a JamMan. Fortunately, I bought a 64MB SmartMedia card on ebay, but only used for backups.
I Rasht on. I wonder if I will not buy a 2nd to sync it to say ...
everything is already said to be all that is the connectivity and characteristics generally
- Without her nothing to reproach him, all orders are very fast facade.
easy to use
- With the moment that sounds original (j'atend my memory card to put my samples)
I can draw sounds good Péchu by reworking is that is good for the tribe hardcore but is not complete
- Overall Opinion
- I've had three days, easy to use
I will choose again if I find the same price as I got it (159 € at auction)
- Connectors: audio input (which can be treated), a headphone output, stereo output, trio noon.
The original sounds are very stereotypical, I collect them all. It's a sampler, so it depends sounds you put into.
The Smart Media card transfer makes editing easy on computer.
The effects range from conventional treatments to stuff more Zarb (sometimes found by grinding sounds interesting).
Type drum sequencer, it scrolls to four measures in a loop and place it sounds on a timely manner.
- Everything is very simple, there's really no complaints in this regard. We can play with very quickly without taking the lead.
- I use it not really a specific style, although it is true that s'adpate rather well with electronic music.
Initially, I treated like a conventional sampler filled up the loop, but the memory is quickly saturated. Since I resigned myself to treat it as a drum machine emulation and this change of approach allowed me to reconsider.
So now she is fed samples of old drum machines and analog I am happy (I can carry around with me a couple of drum machines of quite different styles).
In this regard: http://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php
The term is not his strong point, there are many mode "Accent" but it works in general and not on each sound separately. That said, it can give funny results.
The effects are more or less convincing: it is not of great quality, but it can give a nice touch if not abused. The delay is also very general intéssant in the tampering can be the swing pattern.
Each sound can be edited separately (volume, balance, pitch, filter) but I must admit that I use often in this section I found a little gadget: I try to keep the original sample as I select them for their patch base.
- Overall Opinion
- I've had a little over a year.
It is a small machine that can render loyal service.
We must renounce the use alone, it is not really suited for it (although ... I had fun doing some titles exclusively with it on a 4-track, that is: http://www .myspace.com / baxterkiller)
However, in combination with other instruments, it is quite possible to fit in and help create the most basic rhythm as the most ridiculous very quickly.
What I like:
- Ease of use.
- The overall delay.
- The ability to process an external source (eg synth from the gate not to sync bass lines)
What I like least:
- One effect section with pattern.
- The shuffle not very persuasive.
- The limit of the pattern in four steps.
This is my first and only groovebox, even if those apps offer more powerful stuff in the same genre, I like it for its live aspect and the opportunities it gives to jam (great fun for two with a synth side).
- - What connections (audio, MIDI ...)?
A headphone output, an output two outputs for the stero (left only possible for mono), an input line in, in stero, a MIDI In, MIDI Out, MIDI Through, more than enough.
- How many sounds and styles available? Are ditables? Through a utility Mac / PC?
Sounds, max 100 mono, 50 stereo Max, after to edit, or on the pc, or Summary edition on the machine (normalize, truncate and time slice, and adjustable worse of the beginning and end)
Otherwise, editable in sound forge or acid ... in short, everything sounds wav.
Attention can not change the tempo of a sample on the machine!
- Has he an effects section?
Yeah, 11 effects, plus a general delay (the photo checker, it is fairly clear)
- What are the characters of squenceur?
Number of units: 12 (One Shot = 9, Slice Part = 1, Audio In Part = 1, Accent Part = 1)
Frquence of sampling: 32kHz
Maximum period of sampling: 95 seconds mono, 47.5 in Stereo, save in the internal memory
Number of samples: 100 (mono) + 50 (Stereo)
Memory of 128 patterns, 16 songs
Master Effects: Delay (Normal, Motion Sequence, BPM sync)
Insert Effects: 11 types (Rverb, Flanger / Chorus, Phaser, Ring Modulator, Pitch Shifter, Compressor, Distortion, Decimator, Isolator, Filter rsons, Delay modulation)
Pattern mode sequencer: 64 steps maximum per part, motion sequence, 1 paramtre by hand, 64 events, fact Part One Shot = 4 Settings, Audio In Part 3 = Settings, Accent Part = 1 param be, Delay = 2 Settings, Effects = 2 paramtres
Squenceur Song mode: 256 and 43 700 patterns maximum per song vnements
Outputs: Left / Mono, Right (Jack 6.35 - mono x 2) and headphone jack (Stereo 6.35)
Between: Audio In (Stereo Jack 6.35, with button to adjust the level line or between Micro and potentiomtre rgler the rotary Gain)
External memory SmartMedia (4-64MB, 3.3V)
AD / DA conversion 20-bit linear
MIDI: In, Out, Through
Generate power using transformer DC 9V (600mA)
Dimensions: 296 x 220 x 55 mm
64 patterns and 86 samples of plant
draws http://fr.audiofanzine.com/news/index, ProductID, 38379.html
- - The configuration gnrale Is it easy?
So easy, even more complicated is lego! Is pressed the edit you want, and then position it on one of the 16 steps by pressing it, and changing the measurement with the buttons at DeSUS ... really easy!
- The usual functions are they easily accessible?
On, no sub menu, the buttons light up when pressed, the samples are read as lightning, the beat is displayed by a small LED ... really screwed up
- The manual is clear and sufficient?
As well as the rest of the machine, with generals like details, etc etc ...
- - The sounds they agree your style of music?
Personally, mixing d'n'b and trip-hop sounds on Fl Edit My then Sound Forge, you can get what you want ...
- Are they ralistes?
All depands of what you put in, otherwise the original samples are very good, and the songs too.
- The effects are they effective and responsive?
Very good indeed, thanks to two adjustable knobs ...
- The expression is good? (Raction VLOC the aftertouch)?
No lag ... Do not react to it Veloci p'tit rule with a volume knob ... sense for a one shot sampler ...
- What are the sounds you prfrez, you dtest?
Well, the Frequency converter's sampling may be a little weak, we would have AIM 44.1kHz, standart format. Wav, ca avoid having to spend on sound forge to change the Frequency converter ... otherwise, it's 16 bit (you can put 8 for chiptune fans: D)
- Overall Opinion
- - How long have you use it?
For about 6 months
- What is the particular feature you like best and least?
Really very simple to use, fairly complete, but the number of tracks read at the same time is a fair bit ... If it does well, we can read up to 9, including 3 battery (Kick, snare and hit-hat) 6 ca leash for the melody, but when you want to add little sounds of ambience etc. and well, it is fast in the poo ...
- Have you tried many other models before acqurir?
Beucoup? no, just the boss sp303, but I was a little too comlex ... although in fact it does not get too ...
- How do you report qualitprix?
A little pricey for such a short memory (1 min 30's is not really huge ...) But it can go against the boss sp303 for example ... ^ ^
- With the exprience, you do again this choice?
Yes and no, I think I would take his little sister a lamp, a bit more advanced with special tracks for the melodies, and above all, a time stretch feature, something very useful, not in this sampler, c is a pity, especially for the price (approx 450 new)
To listen http://users.electrobel.fr/Youzk in action;)
- - Midi In, Out, Through
- 95 seconds of samples
- An effect assigned to the parties of their choice
- All mentioned above makes
- - Ultra Simple Config
- Trs usual functions easily accessible
- Manuel I find not too bright, it has virtually no need but I can not find much do trs
- - I am a drum'n'bass, the original sounds mals but not silent bass sounds not so good any fawn should opt for a synth Paske play bass in a sample pitch do too ....
- Not at all couraging I find the sounds, but is up to you, apparently in addition to the frquence chantillonage of 32kHz is a comrpession any loss so it's all good.
- The old house break presets are too ugly for cons, there are 2 3 presets drum'n'bass not evils but lacks punch and is often in bad taste!
- Overall Opinion
- - I 'lai for 1 day (I already knew too)
- Really very easy to use, one would put the ds Birth!
- I had tried "a lot of other stuff but I got a new 300 euros so I do not hsit I needed a sampler ...
- For 300 euros, it's all good!
- I would do ... I think this choice
- The effects section is a bit limited, only an effect attributable to all units, not a cool, I would have an effect prfr diffrent per unit ...
Not as cool sounds 32kHz, requires any Resample, I guess it's to sell the ESX and EMX ...
otherwise, the rest is bathed.
and to quibble, I would say that more than 4 steps, but hey we can dbrouiller ...
- Trs really easy to use, the manual is almost no ncessaire (and yet, it's my first squenceur)
The functions are all easily accessible ...
Really cool approach for beginners level
- Ba, the basic sounds are all tops, but since it's also a sampler, no problem, you put what you want, and set apart from the restrictions mentioned above, it is ...
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for 1 month, and it's really a beautiful toy, you can do what you want, even if alone, it is a bit limited.
Qualitprix report is correct, even if it's always better when it's cheaper!
I had not tested before, so no point of comparison, even if I had the air of being a good Marching!
With the exprience and sub, I would take the TFW ESX, because I think that live with a big sound, the 32Khz sample must be understood ... (But I'm not the No. bp for now)
- Page: 1