Charvel 475 user reviews
1 people found this review helpful
- Guitar Japan 1989.
Preamplifier circuit, 1 Double 2 singles.
Volume / tone / preamp boost.
Channel slim and fast, deluxe version.
- The neck is extremely fast and accurate.
Flat style, source, or at least sources of prestige IBANEZ sleeves.
Jumbo frets, and access to acute perfect.
Very well balanced guitar, is right.
The boost preamp proved extremely effective for large saturated and clear rhythmic sound Funky / casserole.
Model JS2000 preamp which was also fitted models 3 and 4.
Microphones calibrated for the occasion.
- Very versatile, but never rival his round with a warm GIBSON / or HAMER GODIN.
It's built for speed and rhythm ...
I play on Marshall and Marshall JCM 900 lamps Vintage Reverb 75.
Just incredible range of sounds.
This sound very christallin period "UNDER ARREST" Gainsbourg: I love it!
These small discrete rhythmic and sharp ...
Et .... saturation.
- Overall Opinion
- Acquired on a misunderstanding, the seller thought the faulty ...
In fact she had never served, remained in the flight case ...
The battery was dead: new 200 euro: I traveled back in time!
The guitar of my youthful dreams, new 20 years later!
If you see models 3 or 4 and 475 do not hesitate a moment.
These guitars are quite often quoted but who knows, a bargain!
Top: with vibrato jackson!
But hey you can not have everything!
- Charvel Jackson 475-DELUXE
I do not know if it's all but mine is directly Charvel / Jackson
- Charvel Jacskon typo in the head of the guitar.
- Jackson pickups (2 single + 1 double).
- System original Floyd Rose licensed Jackson. 3 resorts. Extremely flexible and robust trs!
22 frets also. For my version against the handle is painted.
Inlaid mother of pearl "shark teeth" Jackson.
9V battery inside. CONTRL three positions and four microphones: one for each position and all together. Trs trs good mcanique and electronics.
I do not know what is prcisemment marked "DELUXE". The body of mine is dyed and Glory (blue) so see the grain of wood.
- Actually I never tried the guitar more versatile than the MODEL.
But I possde a stratovolcano and tried rgulirement Ibanez, BC Rich, Gibson ... Idalie really is the guitar.
I play grindcore / death metal and ambient with. It is indeed idalie the metal (it is for a) but I draw all types of possible sounds. Yet like "prparer" my quitar like what we did in the jazz and contemporary music (see the "piano prparquot; by John Cage for example, or Manir including Fred Frith Sonic Youth or tinker their guitars). I can use all types of objects (wood, plastic, mtal ...) it produces incredible sounds.
Moreover, this guitar is extremely solid! I bought 15 years ago. It CHRE the silent era trs but I understand now why. The construction is exceptional. Autout me his guitar at age Ibanez and BC Rich have not aged well ...
I'm pretty demanding on the Floyd Rose (mtal really use) and still is ultra solid. It was not really afraid to go up.
- The range is wide trs as I said. For me it is more versatile than a Fender Stratocaster. Yet I love the sound of Justin Broadrick (of Godflesh, Isis, Jesu, Final) or Trevor Peres (Obituary, Meathook Seed, Catastrophic) that play on Fender extreme.
It is both trs lens or hyper fat and heavy. About the results I get with my distortion just incredible ThrashMaster DOD. Its sounds like Obituary, the sound I love. On my Marshall (spare head - 100W speaker) is gnial. Incredible.
Cts for ambient guitar sounds that are as aisment James Plotkin (RSS), Labradford, etc.
I LOVE IT!
- Overall Opinion
- For me this Charvel / Jackson guitar idalie. She follows me for 15 years in all genres that I explore (mtal, mtal extreme, industrial, ambient and even what is yper rare). I have seen versions of basic hand over 500 Euros for a guitar but also rsistante and that we get so many wonders is really nothing.
I highly recommend Charvel.
- Charvel 475 Deluxe
Guitar factory in Japan shortly before 1990
Channel 22 jumbo frets (1 refrettage one in over 10 years and I pull the strings like an ox)
Inlays "shark tooth"
Channel vissbr /> Charvel Logo "Fawn Jackson" (new logo APRS production San Dimas)
Binding on cots
Channel satin (no preview)
Self-locking mechanical Jacksons (?)
Poplar wood body
JT590 Schaller tremolo
Middle and neck position = J200 (signature Jackson), simple.
= J50BC bridge position, double
A 5-position switch to select different combinations
Electronics JE1200 active (controlled by a potentiometer), so a 9 volt battery inside
- Handle very fast (among the finest in Jackson or Charvel) and very pleasant
Access to acute not top (Bolt then there is the thickness of the plate and more)
Weight or too slight or too lours
The vibrato HOLDS agreement at all times, a joy. The system is screwed rod (a rod is much better "plugue" as the old models but even when worn a long, why not having a system disk instead has bayonet??)
Qq stall after the strap I am determined to put straplocks, well there is still more quiet.
- Micros very versatile, and with the active electronics in a hard distortion (top to push a correction!)
One small snag, I have a transmitter / receiver that does not cash air line signal trs levs and active electronics of the guitar I saturate the transmitter, therefore, difficult to use in that the config. With a cable (without using the transmitter / receiver) No problem. The preamp adds bass and midrange galore, I have rarely seen a skyscraper as powerful ...
I use a home triaxis/2x50 also Mesa Boogie, and with an insert in G Major. All through the transmitter / receiver. It all baffles marshmall direction 2 (QUIPS in G12T75).
Guitar very versatile metal shaft despite the reputation that it can be a bit like her big sisters Jackson (Funck, blues, metal of course ...)
- Overall Opinion
- 15 years of use and almost no one ride the pan ... That's my thing seulles material that I have not changed since the beginning ... (Ok I am eyeing a small history of Jackson buy me another one!)
I jou in on Yamaha, some Ibanez, Lag and also Jackson (the silent one's not me) and the ratio quality price is almost unbeatable 475 (4000 balls pays AT THE TIME , closeouts, 5800 list price).
I had a lot hsit with the above model but the handle thicker and varnishes (neck-through) derrangeait me.
For the budget I do not get any better (heu. has a very long time .. it is no longer sold new).
Next purchase: a SL2H DK1 or, with a budget about 4 times but the good we get a violin jewelry!