Tom Anderson drop top classic user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- Tom Anderson is a small builder in California that builds some of the highest quality guitars on the market. He offers various models with various options to cater towards his customers. My particular model featured an alder body, maple flamed top, maple neck and maple fretboard. It came equipped with two humbuckers -- H3 and H1. The switching system was the 5 way blade with the push/pull tone knob that allows you to split the inner coils.
- The Anderson quality really showed with this guitar. The stainless steel frets were absolutely perfect, the finish was spot on, the neck felt wonderful and everything was put together flawlessly. Mine had the new 2 bolt joint which allowed for an extremely tight joining of the neck to the body; there's no room for movement at all. Anyone who thinks that it's not a stable joint is a moron, period. You can tell Tom spent tons of time engineering this guitar to be as perfect as possible.
- Despite this only having two humbuckers, it was crazy versatile. The H3 is a higher output pickup that can do anything from blues to metal. The H1 delivered some of the sweetest neck tones I've ever heard, although I might have liked a tad more output. The switching system allowed you to split each humbucker or have the inner coils selected for that John Petrucci style setup. One unique thing about Anderson pickups is that they sound fairly authentic when split. They don't sound exactly like a single coil, but they're about as close as you can possibly get from a humbucker. The biggest problem with mine was that it sounded a bit too bright for me. I really think it was because of the alder body. I'd really like to try out a mahogany bodied Anderson.
- Overall Opinion
- Anybody wanting to experience the guitars Tom Anderson builds should definitely check this guitar out. These are the original superstrats from the 80s that almost every session guitarist had back in the day. His custom pickups, attention to detail, flawless fretwork and wonderful customer service make buying an Anderson guitar a decision you'll never regret.
User reviews in other languages
- Guitar made in USA .. 22 fret neck and flat rather late in the style ibanez vigier .. my model is an older model (1993)
HSH pickups configuration micro tom anderson ...
Switcheroo ingenious system that activates each pickup independently either split or double, an additional switch to bypass all the microphones to pass on chevaler double whatever the short-config (Solo)
It is also possible for a small system choose to spend each pickups in series or in parallel ..
- The handle is very easy, very fast nothing interferes with it is a handle shredder ..
The guitar is very light despite a nice table reported in maple ...
For his part is it's simple and HOUlaaaa!
- I have this guitar for a few hours, I am impressed by the quality of the sounds obtained clear, crystalline without being aggressive, very harmonious rich ... The sustain is to go without any artifice ...
The distorted sounds are not to be outdone, pechus, it is classic rock, blues without pb
Combinations of microphones are very numerous, varied and unexpected! Versatility is good for the meeting!
- Overall Opinion
- I use it for an afternoon ... I wanted to share the pleasure I had to play the guitar ...
I have owned many guitars, rather oriented rock: a Vigier, a musicman, a Jackson, Ibanez of a JEM, a gibson .. I wanted a modern strat with good clean sounds but also sustain and potato in saturated ... I think I found ..
- California Guitar frabriquee the United States .... Guitar with 22 frets Switcheroo system that offers incredible opportunities and sound terrible ... micro two simple splittable a double!
mine is equipped with "a terrible floyd Khalis and stable ... Macnhe rosewood fingerboard is terrible highway ....
- Super Channel
access to acute perfect
her! It speaks for itself! but its super modern
- I ts a little style and this guitar is so versatile that it goes everywhere ... I played several tube amps, transistors and rack ts ... it sounds good but is a little look qd sound especially a poor one amp it's going to even be hard ...
sounds very good with a double crystal tasty ...
- Overall Opinion
- This guiatre in 1991 and Always impeccable ... I have three of the tom and the other as I do not part with it .. I had a shura and a luke ds the same config that I sold because large preferences for TOM ...
The price in France hot very hot .... but the price is worth it I think if you fall on the right ...
I do it again this election ss problems
In summary I recommend this guitar vs. violin very good, good sound!