Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Images
1/616
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett 1st Generation series

Public price: $499 incl. VAT

Thread Scarlett 18i20 S/PDIF problem

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Scarlett 18i20 S/PDIF problem
Hello,

I am tryning to connect my electronic drums Roland TD 11K via S/PDIF at my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. I already changed the clock to external and sample rate do 48 kHz. I am using an analogic --> digital converter, which has two RCA analogic conectors inputs (from Roland TD 11 K)and a digital RCA output, where I am plugging a RCA optical cable to connect with scarlett S/PDIF IN.

Doing these actions, the Scarlett Software keep not locking the frequence clock with the external device.

Someone can help me? I need these two extra channels in order to record the complete band in my room.

Thank you.

[ Post last edited on 05/04/2017 at 12:09:42 ]

Hi Sergio,

The 18i20s clock will not come from the SPDIF connection so the 18i20 should be clocked to INTERNAL. Similarly SPDIF is a digital connection so unless the device has a dedicated SPDIF out its unlikely you will hear anything or if you do its likely to be of very poor quality as you are trying to send an analogue signal to a digitial signal input. You'd need to use something with a dedicated SPDIF output into the 18i20's SPDIF input in order to get the two extra channels and you'd need to clock the 18i20 to internal.

Best regards,

Alex Bull // Focusrite Technical Support